“It is a dump/dirty - but marginally passable if you're totally desperate”
Review of Geneva Motel Inn

Geneva Motel Inn
Geneva Motel Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed here the day before Easter. All the reviews of a dump/dirty are true. I have photos on my phone and when I figure out how to post them I will. Most of the towels in the bathroom were stained. This place obviously cannot invest a few bucks in bleach. There were yellowish and brown stains on the towels. The sheets and pillowcases all but 2 had mascara type looking stains, and other yellowish stains, the one bed had a blood stain! I am not a forensic lab tech, but I am fairly certain it was blood. It was spot and it was a deep reddish rust color. GROSS. I stayed in Room 219. It was very "lovely" to see that in both pictures over the bed were dead bugs between the glass & matting. There are bugs trapped in the light fixture in the bathroom. The carpet in the hallway need to be cleaned. The elevator floor, doors, walls, are in bad shape. The glass windows that look into the pool in the lobby are covered in handprints, as well as the front doors. The clerk was pleasant, but if this were my hotel I would make sure they took Windex and paper towels and cleaned the glass - such minimal effort. C;mon folks! This property is OBVIOUSLY franchised, and franchised by foreigners. And NO I am not a bigot - but my experiences had been that Indian owned properties are usually in bad shape. The bathroom off of the pool - had a chunk of FECAL MATTER on the floor - (poo) GROSS!~ The table in the pool area was dirty and sticky. However, the pool seemed clean and was a very nice temperature. Surprisingly the beds and pillows albeit dirty were comfortable.

Room Tip: go elsewhere if u can
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MidwestMom97
There are newer reviews for Geneva Motel Inn

Reviewed January 1, 2011

This hotel is NOT for families. Would recommend for High school after-prom parties or prostitutes.
OLD DIRTY SMELLY. Countless things wrong with room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Joycewilson
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We were pleased with the value for the price. Nice staff, decent breakfast, exercise room, and quiet. Did not use the small pool.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was a little wary after reading some bad reviews, but once we got there we were satisfied. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and allowed us to check in a few hours early without any hassle. The lobby is neat and clean, and the free breakfast was nothing fancy but a nice touch. We also appreciated the free wi-fi and free parking. The hotel's location is convenient and close to the main thruways in St. Charles with many restaurants and shopping options within a short distance.

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfy. We noticed that some electrical outlets were not working, and the shower was slow to drain. But overall, we had a very comfortable stay. Knowing that this is a budget-friendly hotel, and not intended to be a ritzy 5-star stay, we had realistic expectations. Overall, we were happy with the basics that this hotel provided and feel that it was worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our first room looked clean, but as I opened the drapes I found peanut shells on the carpet, by the air conditioner and then by the sink area, yuck, as I'm leaving I noticed a mans sock by the wall, obviously this room had never been vaccumed. So I took a quick look at the sheets, they looked clean, but had holes all over them. The girl at the desk apologized and gave me a new room, before moving all my stuff I went in and checked it out, it was vaccumed and the sheets had no holes, I took it. I got all set in the new room and went to use the bathroom, when I shut the door I noticed the floor and it had hair all over it, so gross, I cleaned the floor myself, and wouldn't take off my shoes for my entire stay. I have stayed at Days Inn before but this was by far the dirtiest. I will never stay there again and not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelinwindy
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I wasn't sure how this hotel would be because of negative reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. It was newly remodeled and the pool was warm and great for my grandkids. The room was comfortable and except for the bathroom towel rack being off ,it was very nice and sound proof as well. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was enough to get you going with the typical items . The value was great and the restaurant next door is really good with banana splits in a kitchen sink dish. If you eat it you get a bumper sticker. It's right down the road from a mall and lots of retaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Disgusting room, dirty bathroom, torn furnishings, definitely not worth the price. Should be torn down.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Geneva Motel Inn? Share your experiences!