“Never Will Go Back!!!”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Michigan
“Never Will Go Back!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2007

My boyfriend and I visited St. Charles for a business trip. We stayed at the Days Inn for 3 nights. When we called for a qoute on the rates, we were promised a certain price for all three nights so we budgeted ourselves to that qoute. When I got there to check in, they told us it was about $200.00 more than what they promised and they were sticking to it even after explaining our situation with the business trip and how they were paying for half the hotel price.

Then, we are on a Smoking floor. Not only does our floor smell like smoke, the WHOLE hotel smells very badly. I wouldn't even bring a child into that hotel especially with a child with asthma.

When I first walked into the hotel room, There was still trash & ciggerette butts in our room. Also, when I went to take my first shower there was a USED bar of soap in the shower. I had to grab a kleenex & pick it up to throw it away myself.

The next night, we went to get some ice from the ice machine. 2nd floor ice machine did not work. So we went to the first floor ice machine and that one didn't work. I went up to the front desk & told them that their ice machines was not working. All they had to say was "Well I am sorry but I guess the ice machines are just not working then.". How do you keep a business let alone a hotel running if there is no maitnence on ANYTHING?

Then during our last 2 days there, the toilet broke. We didn't even bother calling them because who would fix it? no one. So we did what we had to do.

We both are very dissapointed in the cleaniness of the hotel & the service. I would suggest everyone to steer clear from this hotel. I know my boyfriend & I will never return there again even if it is the cheapest hotel there.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — The service, front desk, cleaniness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lebers01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St. Charles, IL
Reviewed October 4, 2007

I reserved two rooms for out of town family who were in St. Charles to attend a family funeral. Reserving the rooms took over 20 minutes as the clerk on the phone had to continually deal with other customers or phone calls. This should have been my first clue about the service my family would receive at this hotel. I had asked for a crib to be in one of the rooms. My relatives had to wait and wait for the crib to be delivered. When it did arrive, it had no bed linens and they were told the hotel had none. When the front desk was notified that the light in the bathroom did not work, my nephew was handed a light bulb and also told to "just leave that light on in the little hallway outside the bathroom." I guess guests at this hotel are expected to fix the problems themselves. When the light was working the following morning, my nephew, who had been taking a shower in the dark, discovered mold all over the shower wall. Enough filthy conditions and bad service caused them to check out and move to another hotel. My phone call with the manager to explain my concerns about the poor service and unhealthy conditions, was coupled with a request to have my credit card credited for this room. The manager was unwilling to admit the depth of the problem. She did offer 50% off with the reason being that the room was slept in. It certainly would not have been had the mold been discovered prior to the following morning. Kind of hard to do, however, in a dark bathroom. My call to the 800 Customer Service number yielded no further satisfaction. That Days Inn employee actually told me she would have stayed in that room if she had received 50% off!! Registering a complaint with the 800 Customer Service involves them sending this complaint to the hotel......a lot of good that will do. I am not sure why Days Inn has a Customer Service Department??? I would suggest travelers steer clear of the St. Charles Days Inn and perhaps the chain as a whole. P.Stacey St. Charles IL

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank flossie94

Travelers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I booked this terrible room on Priceline. I only had to sleep there and did not take advantage of the pool, breakfast etc. When I returned to Minnesota, I found out that they charged my credit card as well as Priceline. After days and days fo telephone calls and confusing conversations I still have not been refunded my money! I can not understand anything they say and I am sure they can't understand me. I will never stay there again and I would warn anyone about using a booking web site to be weary of giving Days Inn your credit card number!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank vallartabound
Lansing, MI
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My family (myself, husband, & 2 toddlers) stayed at the Days Inn in St Charles from 6/23-6/26. We called the hotel property in Feb 07 to book directly as we wanted to ensure we had a suite and that our special needs of 2 cribs could be accomodated. We called on 2 other occasions prior to our stay to reconfirm as it was important to us to have a suite while traveling with young children.

We arrived at 2:15 PM on 6/23. My husband went in to check us in. The only clerk was on a phone call (trying to figure out how to use the computer) and he waited for 15 minutes while she finished the call. She then checked him into a room that turns out was on an "out of order" list since it had a pool of water in the middle of the bed from a roof leak. He came back down & she attempted to find another room. She stopped to service other people while doing so, finally walked my husband to another room to admit him while she got key cards ready only to find it was still occupied by the man sitting on the bed watching TV. 45 minutes later we leave for a family reunion STILL not checked in but with promises that it would be resolved by the time we return that night. We got back at 9 PM only to find that they didn't have any King Suites. We were told a reservation for a King Suite doesn't mean we will get one, only that we would get a room. And we had an offer to "cancel your reservation and you can try to find something else in town". We ended up in a Queen double with NO cribs for the kids (although they were nice enough to deliver a nylon chair with a cup holder in lieu of a crib).

This was by far the worst service we have ever experienced in our travels. We have contacted the corporate office and will definately not ever stay at that particular Days Inn again.

• Liked — Location to our event
  • Disliked — Service, Accomodations (humid)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank MIBobbi
Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2007

The hotel was dirty the rooms smelled and the staff did not care.
The sheets looked and smelled like they were washed without soap.Bugs were in the hallways and room. Whas movet to 3 different rooms and had the same problems in all three and was told that I could not get a refund or even a discount. I wil never stay here again. It was much better when it was a Quality Inn.

• Liked — It was close to where I had a meeting - however there are other hotels in the area
  • Disliked — Smell,staff,room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank smallbizman
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 24, 2007

This hotel is clean, decently appointed for a moderate quality facility, and well-managed.
The night and day desk clerks were friendly and helpful.
The continental breakfast offered fruit, bagels, oatmeal, cereals, sweet rolls, various juices, etc. Certainly up to expectations.
Price represented a very good value for a suburban Chicago hotel.
It's a bit of a sleeper. Don't let the low price fool you. It is a well-maintained hotel (as of my stay in February, 2007).

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Geneva Motel Inn? Share your experiences!