“Hour + for Pizza? I don't think so.”
Review of Gino's East

Ranked #117 of 179 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Hour + for Pizza? I don't think so.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Gino's is really good pizza but is it good enough to wait for over an hour? In my opinion, no.
My family and I showed up very hungry and stood waiting to be seated for 10 minutes while waitresses and the host moved around us and didn't acknowledge our presence. 10 minutes may not sound like a long time but when we're the only ones waiting in my opinion that's a long time. Wait a minute, my mistake, another couple came in after us and was seated before us.
When we were finally seated, we ordered drinks, an appetizer and pizza. The drinks and appetizer came out pretty quick but then we didn't see much of our waitress after that. After 50 minutes from the time we ordered we still hadn't received our pizza we decided to leave and get the pizza to go. After telling another waitress we wanted our pizza boxed up to go I waited another 15 minutes before the box was in my hands along with a bill for almost 40 dollars.
Like I said at the beginning, Gino's has very good pizza. It's not good enough to endure the length of wait and poor service in my opinion.
The place was busy that night, that's a fact but when I'm spending money in an establishment, acknowledge my presence and let me know you haven't forgot about me. An apology would have gone a long way. My overall impression was that my business didn't matter.

• Visited November 2013

Mahomet, Illinois
“Good pizza”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident in a storm near to our hotel. We waited 40 minutes for our pizza but it was very good (sausage and cheese). Quaint atmosphere with upstairs and little rooms everywhere, big wine barrels, and lots of wood. We would go back!

• Visited August 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“Amazing Pizza”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We make an annual pilgrimage to Gino's and we are never disappointed. The pizza is great but we love the feel of Gino's small town local and quaint.

Visited August 2013
“That's what I call deep dish pizza!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I came there all the way from Germany because of a hint I got from a very good friend of mine. The pizza was delicious. I recommend their sausage pizza. The restaurant itself is not very pretty but the food definately compensates for the cheap furniture

• Visited May 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Gino’s for Pizza”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Gino’s is a Pizza place in St Charles Illinois. They have a full bar and food.

The bar area is small; it has some stools and booths. The restaurant is laid out in a random fashion so there are little areas to dine, some tables, some booths.

I was at Gino’s with a group of people. We had an open bar tab and the server kept us well served. They brought us various breads and salad then Pizza. We ordered a combination of deep dish and thin crust Pizza. Both were well maid and tasty.

Gino’s gave us friendly prompt service and excellent Pizza. We would go to Gino’s again.

• Visited June 2013