“Wedding destination”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
michigan
“Wedding destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was very good with a large variety of hot and cold items. Big dining area, we never had to wait for a table. They had a shuttle bus to take us to a wedding reception and the drivers were so friendly and helpful. The room was average, but very clean, which is #1 to us. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
St Charles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I know we had neighbor's on both sides of our room. Not ONCE did I hear the shower or the flushing of a toilet. Rooms were very clean and the breakfast offered a large selection of hot and chilled items.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

While visiting the area with our grandson, we found this family-friendly hotel. Our king studio provided plenty of room with its pull out sofa and wetbar. When we travel with a cooler we use refreezable ice. It was nice to have a large refrigerator but a freezer would have been great.
The closet was large as was the sink / countertop.
We had the comfortable swimming area to ourselves and appreciated the large thick towels. The pool water was a good temperature for swimming as well as for children (hopping in and out constantly). The only thing missing is a HOT TUB / WHIRLPOOL.
Breakfast is included; many hot or cold choices (waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, muffins, pastries, oatmeal, Greek yogurt ...)
Free parking.
The most valuable asset at this Hampton Inn is the excellent SERVICE and willingness to please customers provided by the front desk staff.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I look forward to my visits to the St Charles area because I know that my experience at this hotel will be very enjoyable. The manager and staff are very friendly and always willing to help with any request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

KC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at may different Hampton Inn's and Hilton properties, but this one had a really functional room design that I'd not run into before (room 138). It was more or less a U-shape, with the kitchenette in the entry way leading to the living area then the bed and finally the vanity and closet w/the bathroom in it's own room. Having the tub/shower in a separate room is always nice to have since you can run the shower hot and not have to deal with a steamy mirror. This one also had an exhaust fan.
The staff was exceptionally nice! The breakfast had a great variety - everything from fruit, to cereal, to eggs & bacon.

If I had one complaint it would be that the newer Amana thermostat in the room didn't allow me to run the fan without raising or lower the temperature. The reason I like to run the fan is that it drowns out the sound from other rooms and helps me sleep better. There was a girls soccer team staying on property while I was there and some distracting noise was inevitable.
Also, the pillow selections and softness of the bed weren't quite as good as the Residence Inn I'd stayed at the week before.

Anyway, if you staying in Saint Charles this is an excellent choice! Shopping and dinning options close as well. When I come back for my job I'll be booking this one again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always enjoy the stays at Hampton. Great breakfast great rooms with nice beds. Lots of space. Friendly staff. We enjoy the snack bar in the evening also. much better than runnign to a store for snacks.
We had 2 teens with us for the car show and it was a great stay even with the girls!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife, adult daughter and I spent a Friday night recently at this hotel.

First impressions were wonderful: easy to find (gps didn't get confused), check-in/unload parking under a roof, automatic lobby doors, cute and helpful desk staff, large breakfast area, free snack fruit by the elevator, not a spot of worn or used look about the place anywhere-- not sure how old the building is, but everything was perfect- except the price which I will talk about later.

Our third-floor, non-smoking room was the "traveller's standard": pop the key in the door and find the bathroom door immediately on the left with a narrow closet, then a wall opening up to a room with two queen beds, bed-side table, dresser, TV, office desk area and a sitting chair by the window and under-window climate system.

However, there were a few bonuses that I appreciated: The TV was on the dresser as expected, but the dresser was also a microwave and refrigerator alcove. On the bed-side table was a combination double outlet box and USB charging port bolted to the rear of the top. My bed-time ritual is to plug in to charge my apple over-nite and use it as my clock/radio/alarm-- this was super-handy and totally unexpected. Didn't use the microwave, but the fridge worked well. Likewise, the office desk area was not just a table, but a nicely contoured wide space to work with lamp (standard) office-style chair and easily reached power outlets. My laptop fired right up and was connected into the free wifi in seconds. Note- my experience with the wifi was noticeably slow both through my laptop and my apple iPod :(.

Beds were comfortable and warm. Pillows were fine. I like to sleep in a cool room with warm blankets and wasn't disappointed.

No complaints about the bathroom- had everything we needed and in great condition. Shower water was hard, but it takes a much, much more expensive location to beat that problem.

The TV powered on first time with a nasty buzz-humm-static and was about to call the front desk when I decided to use the "Windows Fix"-- power it off and on again. Buzz was gone. The TV hotel menu was confusing and didn't have any help on how to find a channel to watch. No channel listing in the hotel guide on the desk either. Switching channels was horribly slow, but with patience was able to find some chill-before-bedtime fair.

Some might not call this a bonus, but I like to use the stairs when not toting luggage. The stairwell was actually as nicely carpeted, wide, painted and lit as any of the hallways. Sadly tho, the last door from the stairway to the lobby had a door which was hard to open if you were carrying anything at all whereas all the other doors from the floor to the stairwell were conveniently wide open.

We didn't use the pool, but I did walk in to chat with some friends and the pool looked quite inviting.

The night of our stay, we and three other families ordered pizza and ate together comfortably in the breakfast area just off the lobby-- very nice.

Speaking of breakfast, we did take advantage of the complementary breakfast and found it quite good, sporting fruit, eggs, bacon, hot waffles, oatmeal, juices and more. I think we were the first guests through the line Saturday at 6:50am and had a tasty hot meal.

Now, about the price... I may be a bit of a miser, but I rate primarily on value and the value of this hotel almost equalled the cost-- almost... I paid just under 150 for my stay, didn't use the pool or the exercise area, didn't hear any neighbors or hallway noise and was overall refreshed. If the cost had been 100 to 125 this place would have earned a solid 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 2 in Geneva
Hotel Baker
Hotel Baker
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Saint Charles? Share your experiences!