“I Won't”

La ZaZa Trattoria
Ranked #7 of 185 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For years, Zaza's has been dedicated to providing excellent food and service at our two locations: La Zaza's Trattoria in St. Charles and Zaza's Italian Steakhouse in Addison. We want you to know there are restaurants in the area using names similar to our own, but they are not related to, or affiliated with us in any manner.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Don't believe it when the server tells you she'll be right back. She didn't and I won't!

I left without ordering, surprised that service was so slow when most of the tables were empty at 8 p.m. Sunday.

Decided that Portillo's was the better alternative at less than half the cost. It was ... friendly, efficient service with great food. My night was rescued!

2  Thank Robust54

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my first visit to ZaZa's in St. Charles. Wuch a wonderful experience. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing. I had one of the specials. salmon. It was a large portion and tasted amazing. My husband also had a seafood dish which was "out of this world." I highly recomment this restaurant. It is a little pricey but worth every cent!

1  Thank larryd6578
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a great location on the river in downtown St. Charles! Wonderful place to have a relaxing dinner before a show at the Arcada. We've dined there many times and always enjoy our dinner. Love the baked artichoke and calamari appetizers. We usually pick their fish or pasta specials for a main course, however the steak is also wonderful. Our last meal was the trout special and it was delicious.

Only one bad experience there and it had to do with the bar. I ordered a cosmo and whatever the bartender mixed was way too sour to sip! Horrible. I almost never send anything back but I just had to with this one. They were (just) OK about it, but the remix was even worse, about 99% vodka and a splash of something red making for the lightest pink cosmo I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of cosmos!). Didn't send that one back, too afraid of what she'd send me the next time! So it sat. The waiter never asked how it tasted or why it was still sitting on the table (full) when we left, which I think he should have. Yes, we'll go back but I think I'll stick to wine or something simple from the bar if I see she's working.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

"date night" and we expected so much more! Seated right away, outdoor seating, RIVER BUGS! We had to keep them off of our table! Drinks came right away- Dinner, not so much. appetizers were served after we ate, our server was more interested in another table flirting with women/well to do customers (trying for a nice big tip?)So he did NOT serve our dinner--a non english speaking spanish man did and he did not understand our disappointment..Never got a refill, or a check on how our meal was-- asked for a dessert menu and it never came, asked for the check and never saw our "scottish" waiter again. We had to go inside and gave the hostess cash and left...Terrible, Terrible experience.

1  Thank RippTrish
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Just came from an amazing dinner at this great restaurant.
I had an incredible roasted Lake Superior whitefish in butter sauce. My daughter had an excellent shrimp and clam pasta dish and my husband and son had a delicious chicken and pasta dish.
One of the best and most reasonable dessert menus. Most desserts were enormous and a bargain at $6 each. I had an incredible piece of chocolate ganache cake and we had an amazing piece of teramisu.
The service was excellent and there was a friendly vibe throughout the restaurant. We will definitely be back.