“Love Zaza's!”

La ZaZa Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 176 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For years, Zaza's has been dedicated to providing excellent food and service at our two locations: La Zaza's Trattoria in St. Charles and Zaza's Italian Steakhouse in Addison. We want you to know there are restaurants in the area using names similar to our own, but they are not related to, or affiliated with us in any manner.
Naperville, Illinois
“Love Zaza's!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a great location on the river in downtown St. Charles! Wonderful place to have a relaxing dinner before a show at the Arcada. We've dined there many times and always enjoy our dinner. Love the baked artichoke and calamari appetizers. We usually pick their fish or pasta specials for a main course, however the steak is also wonderful. Our last meal was the trout special and it was delicious.

Only one bad experience there and it had to do with the bar. I ordered a cosmo and whatever the bartender mixed was way too sour to sip! Horrible. I almost never send anything back but I just had to with this one. They were (just) OK about it, but the remix was even worse, about 99% vodka and a splash of something red making for the lightest pink cosmo I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of cosmos!). Didn't send that one back, too afraid of what she'd send me the next time! So it sat. The waiter never asked how it tasted or why it was still sitting on the table (full) when we left, which I think he should have. Yes, we'll go back but I think I'll stick to wine or something simple from the bar if I see she's working.

• Visited August 2013

South Elgin, Illinois
“won't return”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

"date night" and we expected so much more! Seated right away, outdoor seating, RIVER BUGS! We had to keep them off of our table! Drinks came right away- Dinner, not so much. appetizers were served after we ate, our server was more interested in another table flirting with women/well to do customers (trying for a nice big tip?)So he did NOT serve our dinner--a non english speaking spanish man did and he did not understand our disappointment..Never got a refill, or a check on how our meal was-- asked for a dessert menu and it never came, asked for the check and never saw our "scottish" waiter again. We had to go inside and gave the hostess cash and left...Terrible, Terrible experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RippTrish
Parkland, Florida
“Wonderful food all around”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Just came from an amazing dinner at this great restaurant.
I had an incredible roasted Lake Superior whitefish in butter sauce. My daughter had an excellent shrimp and clam pasta dish and my husband and son had a delicious chicken and pasta dish.
One of the best and most reasonable dessert menus. Most desserts were enormous and a bargain at $6 each. I had an incredible piece of chocolate ganache cake and we had an amazing piece of teramisu.
The service was excellent and there was a friendly vibe throughout the restaurant. We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, IL
“Incredible food, service, can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Ridiculously good!

The appetizer with the Italian sausage, artichoke hearts, tomatoes in a balsamic lemon sauce was delicious. Easily one of the best appetizers in 10 years!

The pizza was awesome, rustic crust with huge flavor.

The special was a whitefish with a lemon butter sauce, artichoke hearts, and lettuce. Cooked perfectly, again - incredible.

Good wine selection, even by the glass - which is pretty rare.

Outstanding service and attentiveness. I think I made 10 comments during dinner how great it was.

We will be back soon - and many more times!

• Visited May 2013
Florida
“Excellent everything”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First time visit, will definitely go back. Lively atmosphere (it can get loud in bar area, but isn't that half the fun?). Outstanding service, waitress gave great suggestions (the fish entrees were great choices). The food was excellent; our foursome had four different and equally enjoyable entrees. Good wine list, good cocktails. Reasonable prices. "Excellent" best describes this restaurant. We are from out of state and we will make this a regular stop when we return to St. Charles again.

• Visited May 2013