“Frightening!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Crossroads Motel

Crossroads Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rushville
Crossroads Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rushville
Illinois
“Frightening!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Was in town for a class reunion & booked this room just a day or so before. We got there late to check in & it looked sketchy. When you go to the "lobby", it smells old & musty, but I'm thinking maybe it's just the lobby. There is a sign over a phone that says you have to ring them to check in. (They live next door) The man who came to check me in didn't have my name on the list. I told him my name several times & he kept saying he had one for Cindy, but not my name. Then his wife came out & they discussed this as if I wasn't standing right there. I finally told them that I was Cindy & they gave us our room. It was my room, I'm sure, they just wrote the name down wrong.

We went to our room & I couldn't believe I was going to have to sleep there, but I knew I would probably have had enough cocktails that I wouldn't care. It was a small room with 2 beds, poorly placed. Smoke permeated the room. I don't know if there was someone next door smoking or not. I think it just smelled that way. The bedding looked old & I kept thinking if I looked under the bed there would be a body. The bathroom was very small & outdated, but there was an actual toilet. There was also a single shower, but there was one of those things you put on the floor so you don't slip, but it had these bristles on it, I guess so you could scrub your feet. It was all yellowed. I would never let my feet touch that nasty thing.

We dropped our bags there, even though I thought they wouldn't be there when we got back & went to our reunion. I made sure I had plenty of cocktails so that I could sleep comfortably. We got back to our room really late & it smelled worse than the bar we just came from. When I woke up, well, I was just glad I woke up....I peeked out the back curtain & lo & behold the sun was out & there was a beautifully landscaped yard in view. It gave me hope. For a minute I thought I was going to be involved in some murder for hire plot or I was going to become a crack addict just from being there.

I would never recommend this place & I will never go back. Anytime we are on a trip & we stay somewhere I insist that it be nice. And if it's not as nice as I would like, I remind myself how it could be as bad as The Crossroads. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or sleep in your car!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cirlam

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Worst stay ever in a motel. Very dirty,horrible service. No air conditioning and it was 100 degrees that day. Felt like I was in a bad horror movie. Spent a total of 3 hours there could not take it anymore. Do not stay there!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank blondie24d
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

What can I say the price is right, but that is about all that is right with this place. The word dumpy keeps coming to mind. Linens seemed clean, bed was not comfortable. No night stand, no alarm clock, no shampoo, no desk staff on duty, no restaurant, no WI-FI. They have an old-school rickety TV with pirated cable and a remote that doen't work. A mini fridge and microwave was in the room and a table & two chairs. Dingy carpet & dingy, small bathroom. It's in a good location but then again Rushville is only a couple square miles. This place will get you by for one night just keep your expectations low.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank USAExplorer_2010

Been to Crossroads Motel? Share your experiences!