“Excellent Except for Parking” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare

Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent Except for Parking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

We used our AAA card for a discount, and we got a very reasonable room rate taking into account the quality of this hotel. The room was spotless and spacious, and so was the rest of the hotel. The bathroom was huge, and it had a separate shower and bathtub. The one complaint that I have is that parking was very expensive ($22 per night), so take that into account when selecting your room rate. Guestroom keys were supposed to work for in and out access to the parking lot, but our key did not work for our entire stay even after we brought it to the front desk twice. This caused delay every time we entered and left the hotel. If the parking problem could be solved, I would rate this hotel higher.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
GO06
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel so that we could Park & Fly from O'Hare. The room was big and comfortable. It had two new flatscreen TVs along with a seperate shower/restroom & sink area for two people to get ready at a time, which was great. For the colder months, the shower area was heated. The hotel was in the process of upgrading it's TV system, so they offered us a complimentary PPV movie upon arrival. The El is only two block away, where you can take it straight downtown for around $2, which is very nice, since we needed something to do during the day. The best part about the hotel for me was the fitness center. I am a big fitness junkie so when I walked into the fitness room I was in awe. They have state of the art equipment (LifeFitness w/ cable attached to each cardio piece), weights, fitness balls, etc. The swimming pool & jacuzzi area are extremely nice & towels are provided so you don't have to bring your own from your room. We needed to leave at 4AM the next morning for our flight, so the shuttle was right on time and very efficient at getting us where we needed to be. I will stay here again on my next flight from O'Hare. We booked through AppleVacations so it was only $122.00 plus tax to stay and park for a week.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GO06
Marriott_Man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a group of fellow students (5) from my high school, while attending a conference in Schaumburg. This hotel was one of the nicest Marriotts I have stayed in. Its location was fairly central from Downtown Chicago and where our conference was. When we arrived we were upgraded to 2 corner suites, as I booked the room with a family members Platinum Premier Plus Marriott Rewards account, we greatly appriciated this as we had 3 boys and one chaperone in one room and 2 girls and another chaperone in another. The rooms were completely spotless. We ate at the hotel's restaurant a number of times, a few of which were dinner, and if you do you have to try their french onion soup, it was exceptional. Definitely a great hotel, but next time a hotel closer to downtown might make commuting back and forth simpler.

• Liked — The large room, cleanliness and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Location and ease of transportation
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel for our Park and Fly before our travel out of Ohare. We enjoy travelling and find that doing a Park and Fly is just the way to go. We have stayed at a variety of these in the Chicago area, mostly the Hilton Garden Inn simply because we are HHonor members. However, in checking for a hotel for this Dec trip, the Hilton was priced too far out of our budget this time. I did some research and was able to find a most excellent deal for this hotel using a promo code off of the Apple Vacations website. The stay was only $112 and included the parking while we were gone.

We arrived around 9pm at the hotel and check in was possibly the easiest and quickest we've experienced. Our room was great! A small suite. The bedroom was in a separate room divided by the small living area with french doors. Nice touch you don't see in the average hotel. The bathroom was roomy and nice as well. I believe there was a small wet bar area too.

I did have a small panic attack because I couldn't find the hair dryer!!! I do not bother packing one for trips anymore as almost all hotels have them. It's one thing I look for immediately upon entering the room. I called the front desk and one was sent up in minutes. It was supposed to be in the closet, but it wasn't.

Unfortunately, we arrived late and had to get up around 4am, so we really just went to bed. We didn't get to appreciate the room for what it had to offer, but we still were very pleased with the accomodations.

We had signed up for the morning shuttle at check in, so we headed down to the lobby and the bus was right on time. As always, they take you right to your check in area, and it really is the most convenient way to do it.

This hotel does have a hefty fee for parking, so if you book a Park and Fly, make sure you get the free parking. We just mentioned it at check in and they gave us a parking ticket that we needed to show when we left and they coded it so that we could leave the parking lot without having to pay.

This hotel did what every other Park and Fly hotel does. It supplied a bed to sleep in, a shuttle to the airport, free parking while you are on vacation, and a shuttle pickup at the airport when you return. However, we both felt they did it in a way that was just "better" than the other hotels. Nothing I can specifically put in words, if that makes any sense.

I did want to comment, I read on another review that there were no courtesy phones at the airport to call for a shuttle. We arrived in the international terminal and there were phones located there. We have never had a problem finding a courtesy phone in the airport to call the hotel.

We will be traveling again in a few weeks and took advantage of this hotel again as we were so pleased. Unfortunately the rate for a Tues night is quite a bit higher than the rate I received for a Thurs night, but I made the splurge and know I will be happy again. Even at the higher rate, it will still be cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn (which we do enjoy).

• Liked — Great atmoshpere and great service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZsaZsa
Washington, D.C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

The air of indifference toward guests in this hotel reflects the fact that this hotel is part of the "hospitality industry" -- emphasis on industry, not hospitality. Spending $270 a night for a room that is faintly vibrating because of its proximity to external mechanical equipment, after having told the front desk that you wanted a quiet room -- and being charged $24 for overnight parking, as well as getting a tiny plastic container of grape jelly (strawberry jam being a special indulgence) in the morning with your half-stale bran muffin -- is utterly ridiculous. This hotel is a device to separate you from your money, in the near-O'Hare environment of a fixed number of hotels and hotel rooms. But a recession is now underway, and the Marriott Suites may well suffer (in relation to other hotels in the vicinity which have reasonable service in relation to costs) for its soak-the-guest approach...

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night upon arrival in Chicago. There is no courtesy phone at the airport in order to request the shuttle. We rang the hotel three times to request the shuttle but after 50mins waiting, it still hadnt turned up so we took a taxi. When we arrive, the shuttle bus was parked in the car park! The hotel did however refund us the taxi charge.

The rooms at this hotel are excellent - very spacious - flat screen tv's etc and are spotlessly clean. The beds are a little soft, so are not great for people with back problems. There are a few restaurants nearby. Breakfast at the hotel is expensive.

The train to downtown Chicago is located approx 8 minutes walk from the hotel ($2 one way )

Overall we had a good experience at the hotel and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2008
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2008

Stayed here for a few days on business. Very spacious suite. I was very impressed with the layout and the amount of space. In all my business travels this was the most amount of space in any "suite" I have had before. A nice spacious living room area with a sink and fridge on one side and desk and chair on the other. Separate bedroom with nice doors (French I think). Two TV's and double access to the bathroom. One door from the bedroom and one door from the living room can access the bathroom. The bathroom is very big and very clean. The entire suite was extremely clean.

The bed was extremely comfortable. This is the kind of quality bed/mattress I would expect in a place like this. I could have slept all day in that thing. Desk area was very suitable for working and the fridge kept drinks nice and cold. The front desk was very nice and the parking was simple. Checkout was very easy, morning paper was great and the location is a good one. It's about 5 minutes from the airport and not congested like downtown Chicago. Plenty of places to go.

Only two problems. First of all the A/C thermostat does not reflect the proper temperature. In order to get the room to 67 degrees, I had to put the thermostat on 60. The thermostat was reading 60 degrees in the room but it wasn't even close to that. The good news is that it still go the room to a comfortable temperature for sleeping, but the room will not be much cooler than 67 no matter what you put the thermostat on.

The second problem was the internet fee. They charged for every 24 hour block. Since I was there on business, I was on the computer practically all night. It was quite bothersome that with taxes and fees, it cost over $50.00 to use the internet for the three days I was there. If they expect to attract more business travelers they have to offer free internet service like many business hotels.

Overall I was happy with my stay as checkout was extremely easy also. Fast/video checkout is very important to me when I'm in a hurry to catch my plane. If I am in the area I would stay in this place again because it was extremely clean and very comfortable.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, separate rooms, cleanliness, decor
  • Disliked — High fees for internet access, thermostat showing false numbers
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business