“Great Park and Fly”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Wisconsin
“Great Park and Fly”
Reviewed December 25, 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel for our Park and Fly before our travel out of Ohare. We enjoy travelling and find that doing a Park and Fly is just the way to go. We have stayed at a variety of these in the Chicago area, mostly the Hilton Garden Inn simply because we are HHonor members. However, in checking for a hotel for this Dec trip, the Hilton was priced too far out of our budget this time. I did some research and was able to find a most excellent deal for this hotel using a promo code off of the Apple Vacations website. The stay was only $112 and included the parking while we were gone.

We arrived around 9pm at the hotel and check in was possibly the easiest and quickest we've experienced. Our room was great! A small suite. The bedroom was in a separate room divided by the small living area with french doors. Nice touch you don't see in the average hotel. The bathroom was roomy and nice as well. I believe there was a small wet bar area too.

I did have a small panic attack because I couldn't find the hair dryer!!! I do not bother packing one for trips anymore as almost all hotels have them. It's one thing I look for immediately upon entering the room. I called the front desk and one was sent up in minutes. It was supposed to be in the closet, but it wasn't.

Unfortunately, we arrived late and had to get up around 4am, so we really just went to bed. We didn't get to appreciate the room for what it had to offer, but we still were very pleased with the accomodations.

We had signed up for the morning shuttle at check in, so we headed down to the lobby and the bus was right on time. As always, they take you right to your check in area, and it really is the most convenient way to do it.

This hotel does have a hefty fee for parking, so if you book a Park and Fly, make sure you get the free parking. We just mentioned it at check in and they gave us a parking ticket that we needed to show when we left and they coded it so that we could leave the parking lot without having to pay.

This hotel did what every other Park and Fly hotel does. It supplied a bed to sleep in, a shuttle to the airport, free parking while you are on vacation, and a shuttle pickup at the airport when you return. However, we both felt they did it in a way that was just "better" than the other hotels. Nothing I can specifically put in words, if that makes any sense.

I did want to comment, I read on another review that there were no courtesy phones at the airport to call for a shuttle. We arrived in the international terminal and there were phones located there. We have never had a problem finding a courtesy phone in the airport to call the hotel.

We will be traveling again in a few weeks and took advantage of this hotel again as we were so pleased. Unfortunately the rate for a Tues night is quite a bit higher than the rate I received for a Thurs night, but I made the splurge and know I will be happy again. Even at the higher rate, it will still be cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn (which we do enjoy).

• Liked — Great atmoshpere and great service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZsaZsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed November 13, 2008

The air of indifference toward guests in this hotel reflects the fact that this hotel is part of the "hospitality industry" -- emphasis on industry, not hospitality. Spending $270 a night for a room that is faintly vibrating because of its proximity to external mechanical equipment, after having told the front desk that you wanted a quiet room -- and being charged $24 for overnight parking, as well as getting a tiny plastic container of grape jelly (strawberry jam being a special indulgence) in the morning with your half-stale bran muffin -- is utterly ridiculous. This hotel is a device to separate you from your money, in the near-O'Hare environment of a fixed number of hotels and hotel rooms. But a recession is now underway, and the Marriott Suites may well suffer (in relation to other hotels in the vicinity which have reasonable service in relation to costs) for its soak-the-guest approach...

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night upon arrival in Chicago. There is no courtesy phone at the airport in order to request the shuttle. We rang the hotel three times to request the shuttle but after 50mins waiting, it still hadnt turned up so we took a taxi. When we arrive, the shuttle bus was parked in the car park! The hotel did however refund us the taxi charge.

The rooms at this hotel are excellent - very spacious - flat screen tv's etc and are spotlessly clean. The beds are a little soft, so are not great for people with back problems. There are a few restaurants nearby. Breakfast at the hotel is expensive.

The train to downtown Chicago is located approx 8 minutes walk from the hotel ($2 one way )

Overall we had a good experience at the hotel and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2008
New York
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Stayed here for a few days on business. Very spacious suite. I was very impressed with the layout and the amount of space. In all my business travels this was the most amount of space in any "suite" I have had before. A nice spacious living room area with a sink and fridge on one side and desk and chair on the other. Separate bedroom with nice doors (French I think). Two TV's and double access to the bathroom. One door from the bedroom and one door from the living room can access the bathroom. The bathroom is very big and very clean. The entire suite was extremely clean.

The bed was extremely comfortable. This is the kind of quality bed/mattress I would expect in a place like this. I could have slept all day in that thing. Desk area was very suitable for working and the fridge kept drinks nice and cold. The front desk was very nice and the parking was simple. Checkout was very easy, morning paper was great and the location is a good one. It's about 5 minutes from the airport and not congested like downtown Chicago. Plenty of places to go.

Only two problems. First of all the A/C thermostat does not reflect the proper temperature. In order to get the room to 67 degrees, I had to put the thermostat on 60. The thermostat was reading 60 degrees in the room but it wasn't even close to that. The good news is that it still go the room to a comfortable temperature for sleeping, but the room will not be much cooler than 67 no matter what you put the thermostat on.

The second problem was the internet fee. They charged for every 24 hour block. Since I was there on business, I was on the computer practically all night. It was quite bothersome that with taxes and fees, it cost over $50.00 to use the internet for the three days I was there. If they expect to attract more business travelers they have to offer free internet service like many business hotels.

Overall I was happy with my stay as checkout was extremely easy also. Fast/video checkout is very important to me when I'm in a hurry to catch my plane. If I am in the area I would stay in this place again because it was extremely clean and very comfortable.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, separate rooms, cleanliness, decor
  • Disliked — High fees for internet access, thermostat showing false numbers
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed July 4, 2008

A friend and I stayed at the Marriott Suites O'Hare in June of 2007 while spending a weekend in Chicago for a festival. I am an employee of Marriott in Indianapolis so we used my associate rate, and it was well worth it. Nothing was available closer to the city center for the rate program but the hotel's location to the Blue Line made it more than ideal.

Our room was spacious with the separate living room and bedroom, with a large bathroom and two television sets. The pool and hot tub were more than adequate and proved to be very relaxing after a long day of running around the city. Room service was quick and polite, and the food was quite tasty, especially compared to the McDonalds right down the block :)

Everything about our stay at this property was great, and I've been to some rather underwhelming Marriotts :)

• Liked — Proximity to the Blue Line.
  • Disliked — Not really any other food nearby :)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank HospitalityKid
Chicago Burb
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We stayed one night prior to a flight out of O'hare. We took advantage of Apple Vacations Stay, Park and Fly rate of $112.00 for one nights lodging and 8 days of parking. That was less than half the regular rate on their website.
We had a corner room that was very large. The bathroom was large with an entrance from the living area and the bedroom. You could close off the sink area from the toilet, tub and shower. That worked very well for our family. The room was very clean with plenty of extra bedding and towels (which I requested when making the reservation) . Beds were so comfortable I could have stayed there for our vacation.
We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and our food was very good. It wasn't very busy that night. Our server was friendly and quick.
Front desk staff was helpfull and friendly.
Our shuttle picked us up at 4:05am right on time. We were at the international terminal in 20 minutes. There were 2 stops before ours. We we got back to O'Hare I called Marriott and they were there within 10 minutes.

• Liked — Comfy beds
  • Disliked — If you have to pay for parking, it's high - $22
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank pussandboots
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed May 26, 2008

In the past, I was a great fan of Marriot Suites O'Hare, averaging weekend stays every weekend in 2001-2003. It was my get-a-away from a hard week at my store. The memories brought me back on the 25th of May 08 for my birthday and I brought my husband, son and daughter.
We booked a suite with extra beds for my 2 children. The room was entirely too small. We had to call for extra towels and bedding. I thought that if you have a room designed for extra guests, you will have it set up properly. There was only enough coffee condiments for one person. The room service menu was extremely pricey. The way most people get around this I'm sure is to go somewhere else for dinner. We had a long day and were too tired to leave. Checked phone book and could not find places to deliver to Rosemont, so we ordered in. Food was good, I will say that.
Overall, I was disappointed in the room. Pool was nice; no towels because they were being "washed" at the time so we had to go back up to the room and get the towels.

Stayed May 2007