“Close to airport”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Dubuque, Iowa
“Close to airport”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here 1 night December 26 due to my daughter was flying out that night and we needed to get her to the airport. The shuttle was great getting us to the airport and bringing me back. It saved me a lot of hassle parking my car.

Our room was so hot that we had to open the window even after we shut he unit off. No I didn't report it. It was late and we were tired.

The internet charge is high due to most hotels have it free. I am a Marriott reward member and I still paid for the internet. I agree with other reviews the parking is a problem. If I have to pay 24.99 to park I should be guaranteed a spot.

The hotel serves our purpose of going to the airport and the lot is better that some others I have seen. We will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lynchmomx2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Madiaon
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the weekend after Thanksgiving for two nights. After first night stay we were out all day. When we came back, the bed was not made. We called the front desk and they said they had to move us because of plumbing problems. So we stayed in a different room the second night. When we woke up, I had bed bug bites all over me. They looked at it and confirmed it. We left our bags there and used plastic bags to take our clothes home. Later when I talked to a Marriot representative, she said that the housekeeper had found bed bugs after our first night and hence the bed was not made. So, they had lied to us about why we were getting moved. If I did not have a reaction on the second day, we would not have known and carried the bed bugs into our house! My wife got a reaction after we came home. Thankfully our two kids did not get bites as they were on different beds. But by not telling us the truth immediately, they placed us in danger of moving the bugs to the second room as well as bring it back to our house. Because we found out, we have taken all precautions and think we have been successful in not bringing the bed bugs home. If you stay at this hotel, check thoroughly for bed bugs and take all precautions yourself since apparentky the management cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank NVJUSA
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving weekend. Overall our stay was ok, but for a stay longer than a couple of nights I would stay elsewhere next time. Here's the breakdown.

Good:

- Rooms are renovated, spacious, and in good shape.
- Customer service of the employees was great. Someone at the front desk always was askng how your stay was going
- Restaurant breakfast was tasty. We received free breakfast as gold members
- Hotel is close to airport but you can not hear much plane noise

Bad:

- Living room is separated front bedroom by french doors that are only covered with sheer curtains. So if the light is on at night in either room, it will disturb people in the other room. Defeats purpose of having a two room suite, especially when you have young children with you

- Hotel is renovated but not completely. Rooms look good but hallways have old peeling wall paper, popcorn ceilings, and old rusty covers on AC vents. If you are going to renovate a hotel, go all the way rather than 75% of the way

- Parking is a rip off. At $24/day you would think you should at least be able to be guaranteed a spot no matter what time of day you return to hotel. I arrived back at the hotel late at night 3 times and struggled to find a spot. And one night I could not find a spot and had to have the manager valet my car. I give the front desk person Michael J. credit for handling the situation perfectly and doing his best to make it right. But the hotel has got to get a better handle on their parking or lower the cost.

Overall, the hotel is ok but again I will try someplace else next time especially because of the parking and the sheer curtains on the french doors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WebBrown
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. The restaurant is great food is yummy. They charge for Wi-fi in your room if you are not a marriott member. They do have wi-fi in the lobby. That is the only negative about the hotel. They charge enough that wi-fi should be free.

I do recommend this hotel for comfort and great food

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to the train and my husband had to be downtown rather early for business. This was the only hotel we called where the person on the phone said, "don't worry about a thing, we will explain the train when you get here and give you a map for where you go when you get off the train." True to their word, they did just that. The person at the desk was so helpful and so friendly and we appreciated his explaining things to us. (I believe his name was Benjamin) The room was very roomy, and comfortable. It had a nice desk area as well as a microwave, mini fridge and sink and a place to relax and watch TV. There was a separate bedroom area with its own TV and a nice bright bathroom. The room looked very tidy and neat. I was not feeling well and spent the entire day in the room and was very thankful for the fridge since I had picked up some things the night before so I could stay put. The hotel is within walking distance to not only the train, but restaurants and there was a Hummel Museum around the corner as well. The train was a 5 minute walk from the hotel and we walked there the day before and got the ticket ahead of time. There are sidewalks the entire way, along a busy road.

The room looked nice and clean, but a couple of the pillows had hair on them. We had brought our own so didn't need to use them. There was hair on the bathroom floor and on some of the walls like from blow drying. There was that oh so familiar inch of dust around the edge of the room that the vacuum doesn't quite get and unfortunately,the rest of the floor did not pass my white sock test. I just left my socks on so my bare feet didn't ever touch the floor. But all in all the room seemed clean and after wiping everything down with my pack of wipes, we felt comfortable there. You could hear planes off in the distance but they were not a problem and we slept well. You have to pay $16 to connect to the internet in your hotel room. Otherwise there is a very slow connection in the lobby you can use for free. There was also a room you could use but we did not. $24 a night for parking. I understand parking is a problem in that area, but guests should be able to park for free. Those were our only complaints and we would probably stay there again if we had to catch an early train downtown. Because of the dirty floor and the extra fees I rated it a 4 instead of a 5.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MNClean
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located near the Chicago O'hare airport AND near the blue line for train AND is really nice!

I booked through hotels.com and got a great deal which was upgraded at the desk to a suit. Great for a nice workspace, and came with all the amenities I needed to have a productive day out of the office. The hotel was in walking distance to the L, and was about a 20 min ride into downtown.

The staff at the desk was very friendly, and the location was easily accessible for anyone traveling with a car. Overall, I was impressed!

Room Tip: Get a suite! The bedroom will be separated from your workspace and it's a nice layout.