Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare
Sheraton.com
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfrench doorsmurphy bedseparate tub and showerliving roomnice propertyking suitedefinitely stay here againblue linepark flyflat screencomfortable bedso'hare airportper dayclose to the airportfront desk staffcheck in was easynice room
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was a pleasant stay.The location was convenient to OHare and the Rosemont business corridor.There are also many restaurants close by.There s also a CTA station for the train to downtown Chicago. The room was very nice and large.The bed was very comfortable. The service was excellent as well.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dan S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for family vacation for four nights. Each day we travelled with rental car to attractions in downtown. In traffic, drive was about 1 hr, otherwise 35-40 minutes.
But hotel itself was fantastic. rooms were cleaned daily, and thoroughly.
Staff on several occasions went above and beyond in helping our kids.
Room service helped often with plates and other items we needed even though we never actually ordered any food for room service. And they were always smiling and courteous.
House cleaning staff was also great.

What we did not like was their parking fees (supposedly enforced by ohare- not sure about it). No news paper. For suites- I would expect better kitchenette, they just had small refrigerator, sink and microwave.

Overall we were pleased not for the features but more with the service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Marriott has a great reputation, but this particular location had some noteworthy features. First, the room was very spacious and nicely laid out (compared to other Marriott hotels I've stayed at). It was perfect for stay with my family, because there were double doors between the bedroom and "living" area (room with table, couch, TV, microwave, and fridge).

It has a bath and shower. I wish the bathtub had a showerhead (makes it easier to rinse off my toddler) but certainly not a deal breaker. The airport shuttle is a major convenience. Parking is pretty typical for Chicago, but certainly not as expensive as staying at downtown Chicago hotels!

Overall, I would definitely consider coming here again with my family.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I just wanted to share my experience at the Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare.

1 - You have to pay for parking. THis woudl not be horrible but it is 24.00 a day plus tax. What they don't tell you is tax is 26.00 a day. So you are paying 50.00 a day for parking alone.
2 - I am an elite Marriott custoemr staying in Marriott's over 75 nights a year. I was given "comps" like 10.00 off room service. The hotel choose to not honnor these comps with incorrect statemnets showing up on my hotel bill.
3 - During my stay the hotl suffered a power outage. Initially it was just all power to our hotel roon leaving us in the dark, with nothign to do. Eventually the backup generators went out as well, so even Emergency/saftey lighting was out. This might be excusable except for the fact that every other building on the block had power. No discount was given for our inconvienience.

Summary
EXPENSIVE parkign with hidden charges
FALSE comps
NO POWER

Visit at your own risk
aceprositter@yahoo.com

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NA N
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Good Afternoon,
I wanted to respond to a few issues you encountered during your stay at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare Suites. I wanted to clarify that our parking charge is 24.00 + tax which equates to 26.00 per night not 50.00. I wanted to apologize for the power failure and our generator malfunctioning. There were 95 grids out in the Rosemont area that night due to the storm and I agree with your assessment which I actually asked the technician why is it that every building around us has power and not the hotel? Their response was that they're on different grids. I will research the issue you mentioned with certificates or coupons that you couldn't redeem. Thanks for listening and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

As a business traveler, I've had many stays in many chains. This property is a true gem and one for which the Marriott business should showcase! My room was HUGE, clean, modern, and QUIET. The rate was incredibly competitive. The shuttle service to/from the airport could not have been more convenient and friendly. They also have free, scheduled shuttle service to their Marriott facility down the road (which also happens to be next to a train station), making it easy to go back-and-forth for business meetings. Very friendly front desk staff. Very friendly shuttle drivers. I was most pleased and wanted to go out of my way to praise them for a job well done!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business