“Airport Shuttle Service”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Chicago, Illinois
“Airport Shuttle Service”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I use the airport shuttle service here often for business. I use an online vendor to make my reservation. Very affordable and convenient. However, the guy at the front desk, shaved head, African- American is rude, snobby, and not welcoming, works early in the morning. He is ALWAYS like this. I may be assuming but it seems like he doesn't like people who use your airport shuttle service/parking or he doesn't like me. Either way, his personality is more than less than desired. The ladies are nice here but not him. I went there this morning, checking in with another representative and he says rudely there is no room here for parking and/or for the shuttle service. He didn't even ask if I had a reservation even though I have seen him several times in the past. He is a unprofessional and does not represent your brand well. Maybe a class in Customer Service 101 will do him good..... or not? He shouldn't be in the customer service industry.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We usually take an early AM flight when going to the Virgin Islands or the DR, and we have stayed at the Marriott Suites at O'Hare a number of times. We like the sleep/park/fly option as we are able to park our car in the lot for up to two weeks with no additional charge. The hotel van wisks us to the terminal before the flight, and picks us up when we return. It's kind of a seamless beginning and end to our trip.

Our most recent stay was on 5/18 and we found the check in to be fast and the bed to be very comfortable. The hotel van usually begins running at 5AM, but we needed to be at the terminal by 4:30, so we reqested and earlier trip. The hotel graciously provided transportation at 4:10 so we were able to meet our timetable.

Good service, good facilities, and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Request the stay/park/fly package for convience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2012

First problem -- we made reservations at the other Marriott O'Hare hotel immediately upon receiving notice of the Oral Boards date (held at that hotel). A few days before we left, they called and informed us that we had been moved to the Marriott Suites Hotel due to some "mix-up", which they claimed would not be a problem for the exam because there would be a continually running shuttle between the two locations. That was a lie -- we were lucky if the shuttle showed up once every half hour. Fortunately we found this out the day before the actual exam.

Second problem -- the room itself was shabby and not very well-cleaned. There was still hair on the bathroom floor. The telephone did not work. There was an actual hole in the bed sheet. The upholstery was stained and worn. The whole place could have used a major upgrade.

Third problem -- on checking out we received and paid a bill for 2 nights plus snacks -- all correct. Our credit card, however, was charged an additional amount (about 2/3 of the bill we received). When I called to have this rectified, I was told that the room charges had been split between the two of us (husband and wife) and we had been charged separately for the room despite the fact that we had never received a second receipt or been told that this was being done. The room amount on the bill we did receive did look low; however we had been told that we were being given a reduced rate to make up for the fact that we had been moved to a different hotel than we had booked at. It's not worth our time to keep fighting the charge; however we will not being staying at any Marriott again.

So, in summary:

Forced to stay at wrong hotel due to their error.
"Continual" shuttle we had been promised was not reliable in the least.
Room was dirty and shabby.
Charged extra for a bill we never saw and that they refused to reverse.

STAY AWAY

1 Thank KateT900
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My company recently held an event here and the staff was very helpful in organizing and holding the event. Our event planner was easy to get ahold of before the event and was extremely helpful during the event. They even went out of their way to help us think "outside the box" in terms of menu options.

In addition, we reserved a few hotel rooms. I have no major complaints about the rooms. I had a hard time keeping the air conditioning at comfortable level and the shower head was loose in the shower, but other than that the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious.

The food was good and the bar tenders were making the drinks quite well. I have no complaints about the cost of the food or the service.

It's convenient to the convention center - a $5.00 or $6.00 cab ride, not quite so convenient you can walk.

I would stay there again and hold an event here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I booked the trip through Priceline and got what I thought was a decent price for a suite but high for the airport area.

When we arrived at the hotel we found there was a $24 overnight charge to park. I expect this downtown, but not at the airport. When we got in the room we discovered wifi service was another $15. Again this is something that most hotels seem to provide for free now.

Rooms were nice, new and clean but we wouldn't stay here again because their competition in the area is a much better value.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank evervescent
SE Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Most things about this hotel are first rate. The restaurant, bar, lobby, rooms, pool, fitness center, location and great service stand out as reasons to stay here. Being an "all-suites" hotel, room size is very generous and well laid out. All in all, this is great value for the money.

Just a few small-ish issues keep it from getting an "excellent" rating from me:

1) Parking fees of $24 for overnight guests. I understand that parking isn't free in many hotels, but considering that it is not a covered lot or structure (or even a valet service, which could take the place of covered parking) that seems a bit steep... Especially when it's damp, cold and rainy, as it was during my stay.

2) Internet access is not free. I get it that this is typical of full-service Marriott properties, but it is a pet peeve of mine, considering that even the wired internet in the rooms are very slow. As a Marriott Rewards Elite member, I get the service free, but when its free at their lower-tier properties, and no faster, this is a "foul".

3) Maintenance issues with the fitness equipment. The problem with touch screen controls on eliptical machines is that they can easily fail. The screens on two of the three machines in the fitness center would not respond to touch input. Those same two also had issues with the resistance levels not changing no matter what I selected, unless I went "full scale" (at which point, I could barely move the pedals and arms of the machine).

4) Aircraft noise. You're close to O'Hare airport. You will hear aircraft overhead. It's just a fact of life, but I've been in other airport hotels that had more muffled sound.

Overall, though, this is a very good hotel. I would certainly consider staying there again, particularly if I needed to be close to O'Hare.

2 Thank MI_TravelFreq
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights for business recently, after first, booking at the wrong Marriott down the street on Higgins Rd. Upon discovering I booked at the wrong hotel, the front desk promptly canceled my reservation, without charge, and rebooked me at the Suites. Check in was very quick and friendly.

My room was on the 7th floor and was a 1 BR suite. The rooms are extremely nice and large. The living room area has a loveseat, stuffed chair, large LCD TV, desk, and wet bar area, with fridge, freezer, microwave, and sink.

The bedroom is in a separate area with a king size bed, iPod dock alarm clock, and LCD TV. The bed was comfy and linens were nice.

The bathroom has a glass door tiled shower and separate bath tub and vanity area.

I did use the fitness facilities twice and it's a step up from other hotels I've stayed at. They have LifeFitness equipment, such as ellipticals, recumbent bikes, and treadmills. They also have freeweights, stability balls, and weight training equipment.

I enjoyed the fact the Rosemont "EL" station was 1.5 blocks away. It was a quick walk away to either go to the airport or towards the downtown area. Also, across the street is a McDonald's, Giordano's, and Rosewood Restaurant. I ate at Giordano's the first night and it's good Chicago deep dish pizza. I also ate at Carlucci's, which is connected to the hotel. I sat in the bar for happy hour and received 1/2 price appetizers. Great food and service.

I would definately stay at this hotel again in the future. I know it's very close to the airport, but I did not hear any aircraft noise throughout the night.

On a side note, I asked the front desk and parking in their lot is $24 a day. This is comparable to other hotels in the area, such as Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza, which runs $22-25 a day.

2 Thank ltl_leah
Tommie V, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank You for your comments and look forward to serving you in the future.