“Great Value and stay”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Stanwood, Washington
“Great Value and stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Suites Rosemont this past weekend. The rooms were very spacious and well appointed. I particularly enjoyed the separate shower in the bathroom as I tend to be somewhat uncoordinated and dislike the combo shower/tub rooms. The beds were quite comfortable and I slept well. Only once during my stay did I hear noise from outside and that was when a bevy of emergency personnel went by on the nearby highway.

The only problem I had was that I had reserved a double bed room (2 beds) but when I arrived the hotel informed me that I was in a "Parlor Suite". I had been traveling all day and did not think to inquire as to what that meant. When I arrived in my room I found one (1) king sized bed in the bedroom and a pull down (murphy style) bed in the living room. The murphy bed was blocking the entrance to the bathroom (thankfully there was another) so I let the front desk know. They sent someone up who moved the tv stand (as it was too close to the bed causing the issue) and fixed that. I spoke with my friends (who were staying with me) and we requested a room change as the murphy bed just was NOT comfortable (laying down, with a pillow under your head, your feet were still a good 10 degrees higher than your head).

The hotel was kind enough to accommodate us the next day and we did not have any further problems with our stay.

I did know prior to traveling that the internet was $15 a day, but they do have a business center available for (free) use. According to the guest services book there was free wi-fi available in the lobby but I did not test that during my stay.

I was attending an event across the street at the Westin, and had the opportunity to see 2 of their rooms of friends who were staying there. Both were much smaller than the room at the Marriott, and nearly $50 a night more expensive.

Room Tip: Confirm room type prior to arrival!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KassandraB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
SF Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I had a stop here for one night on a business trip and the staff was nice enough to put me in the farthest room from the lobby, in the wing that was under construction. I literally had to drag my luggage through the whole hotel, through the pool and up and down elevators and down mile long hallways.
I believe things will definitely improve when the construction ends, but for now I was very disappointed. Wouldn't recommend this for non-business trips.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelFanSFBayArea
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Planned a four-night vacation to attend a coin show in Rosemont, IL. Second night of our stay we return from dinner and find several expensive coins missing. Night manager brings engineering to check whether or not someone entered the room using a key and it is determined that no one used a key to enter the room, while we were out to dinner. Police is called to investigate. Manger tells the incompetent officer that no one entered the room using a key except us. Both manager and officer do not investigate how the room could have been accessed without a key? Instead they treat us as if we are criminals and the incompetent officer treats us with total disrespect and is belligerent. Actually he insists on telling me that his report will indicate that the room was never entered and that even if they find the coins I will not get them back?

Next morning, after a terrible night, I realize that the door was forced open and could see the marks of the tools that were used to force the door open. I alert the morning manager who takes photos and promises to alert the police. Never a sorry or what can we do to make you feel better, nothing at all. He never called the police and I had to call the police to explain the new findings. We decide to leave and return home, the hotel charges for everything including internet and phone service, which was needed for calls to the police, other emergency related calls made to arrange the return trip, and internet access to critical account services since we also lost sensitive personal information in the robbery. When I expressed my disappointment to the manger he indicated that the hotel has no security personnel and that he is unable to do anything except listen? Very nice person, but totally and helplessly useless in such a situation.

The hotel filed a claim with Marriott Global but do not explain what we can expect. Actually when I asked the day manger, I was told “I really do not know what happens and that this would be between us and the claims department“? I obtained a contact number for Marriott claims and call them later in the day. I find out that the hotel has no coverage for criminal activities and that Marriott is unable to compensate us for the loss.

As a human being and normal person I expect that if a certain incident occurs when I am a guest in someone’s place that they will have compassion and they would have insurance to cover my losses. I would also expect them to offer me at least a free cup of coffee and allow me to use the phone. But do not expect to be treated like a guest when at the Marriott Suites Chicago O’Hare.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Valiant10000
Kranenburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

It is a rather standard Marriott with spacious rooms.

Still there were a number of things which I found rather annoying:
1. I reserved a feather free room, which was confirmed in the internet reservation, but, the bed had down pillows, which I could remove, AND a down comforter which I couldn't without sleeping uncovered.
2. The bed linen was clammy
3. The advertised hi-speed internet @ $15, was no faster than 1 Mb/s, really impressive, NOT!!!
4. When using the internet, I was subjected to Marriott interjecting pages, advertising their services, every 20-30 minutes which led to losing my work a few times.
5. The restaurant food is OK-ish and overpriced.
6. My arms stuck to the side of the desk when is was working. A gooey residue of dirt and I don't know what was left behind by the previous users of the desk...

All in all not very impressive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank JSVV
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

A good business hotel, near O'Hare airport. Very nice suites, with totally separate living room and bedroom. Nice size bathroom as well. Downside: thunderstorm took out DirecTV while there and NO channels came in - very boring when here alone on business. Also there is not much to do in the area a car is needed for basically everything. But the hotel is nice with a good pool, breakfast and common areas are nice.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Edgewood, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The outside was nice and the interior was very modern. However, my room was a bit dated and the furnature was a bit worn. There was even a phone cord for people to plug into their modems! Time to update!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Iola, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here at the end of a long flight from Israel. It was terrific.
The van pick-up was prompt and the desk people were so welcoming and courteous.
They gave us a quiet room away from the action.
Breakfast was great.
We never worried about the safety of our car.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple