“Hit or Miss....”

Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The first time I stayed here with my fiance I thought this hotel was lovely. That night I ordered room service and had the best filet mignon in memory. I was very, very pleased. The bed seemed comfortable and the room felt clean and somewhat pretty actually. Sometimes first impressions can be oh so wrong.

Last night we were staying in Chicago on our way to visit his family when we decided to stay at the Marriot again because of our very positive first experience. He tried to be romantic and even arrange to get the same room we had before. The staff was very helpful about this and we actually changed rooms about four times... Which was partially because we wanted a room like our first one, if not the same one, but it was also for one really disturbing reason.... The rooms kept having a horrible smell. At first it seemed like smoke. Then I saw the water damage in the bathroom and the strange stains on the floors. We actually took the stairs at one point in order to go up a floor and I found mold growing on one of the walls... That's when it hit me that what we were actually smelling in the rooms could be mold....

Besides being smelly the beds have very thin sheets that only partially obscure the feathers, hair and other icky things on the blankets underneath. I wonder when the last time was that that bed had been completely washed.

We slept with the windows open all night. Luckily its warm enough to do that. I wonder what would happen in winter.

I suspect that this hotel has seen better days and may be in need of an overhaul. I have no idea why our first stay went so well. Perhaps different floors have had less damage than others. So, if you must stay here try to stay on one of the lower floors... and if you order room service cross your fingers and hope that you have the chef I had the first night. The filet mignon I ordered last night was a disappointment too. Thankfully there was steak sauce.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank KLC129

Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Marriott Suites are a good place to stay if being our of the city is okay with you. It's good for the airport, the Arena and for Rosemont conventions. It is half the price of city hotel rooms but you do not have the convenience of being a step from Michigan Avenue. The "L" can get you in to the city for about $3 and 45 minutes. Easy ride. The station is only a short walk from the hotel. I just wish the hotel had shuttle service to the train and the convention center like they do to the airport. Rooms were great! Bed was good. Staff was pleasant and helpful. If anything was a negative it would have to be the cost of parking!! It seems silly to me to have to pay for parking.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The hotel is excellent. There is a free airport shuttle that runs every 20 minutes. The internet is free in the lobby and was very fast. The suite layout was very well done. There is a fold out couch in the living room area with a desk as well as wet bar. The bathroom has a walk in shower with a separate tub. The bed was comfortable and the ac unit worked very well in the heat.
I did not walk to the metro station - but it seemed close enough. There are several restaurants within walking distance.
This was a nice hotel and convenient to O'Hare.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank engineer64
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We opted to stay here on the grounds it was near a metro station and seemed like a very nice hotel. Upon arrival we learned there is a 24 dollar fee to park your car. Per day. To activate your internet connection, you have to go down to the lobby and connect to the wifi. If you skip that step, an internet connection is 15 dollars a day. There is no fan in the bathroom, just a timed heat light. The restaurant downstairs is very expensive, so if you're looking for food be aware of both Giordano's and Pancakes Eggcetera located walking distance away on Higgins road. Overall the beds were great, but everything else about this hotel was completely unimpressive and in no way worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank opjockey
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The stay was great, room was clean, service staff was great but the only issue i had was we were not aware we were being charged for parking until the bill came, we got charged $20 for self parking and $4 in Chicago tax for parking. When we checked in they gave me a parking sign to hang on my mirror and when we were to leave they said give it to the parking attendant. Well we got up in the morning and when we got our quick checkout slip there was the parking and tax fees on it. I called the operator and they said it was standard charge to park there, self park at that. I feel they need to be more up front with their charges and not a surprise.

Other than that it was a nice hotel and will stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Nice rooms--spacious; no restaurant to speak of; the internet is horrible, and expensive....

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Chicago experienced one of the largest snowstorms in 50 years. Almost 2 feet of snow fell with blizzard conditions. This Marriott Suites cleaned the cars off in the parking lot for the guests!!! My car was snow free and accessible after a record blizzard. The maintenance and housekeeping staff exhibited exemplary customer service to do this for their guests. It was beyond the call of duty! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business