“Good access to ORD” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Keller, Texas
“Good access to ORD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was catching an early morning flight and needed somewhere close to ORD. My wife used points to book a room for me at the last minute. Great service, good room and good location The bus to the airport was on time the next morning and the driver very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during a quick stopover for an early flight out. We have many guests who choose to book using Marriott Rewards points with us for just the same situation you did. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, the room comfortable, and the location convenient for your needs. Our airport shuttle is one of our greatest assets and our drivers are happy to be the face of our hotel at the airport while being punctual. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Cory Fay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife & I brought our three children to Chicago to pick up one of their friends who was flying into O'Hare. That meant six of us (wife & I, plus youths ages 16, 15, 14, and 12) needed adequate space. As both a Marriott Rewards & Hilton Honors member, we considered various options near O'Hare. It was a busy weekend, so availability was limited. We opted for the Residence Inn O'hare, since we had previously had a VERY NICE experience at the Cincinnati Residence Inn - Downtown. This experience, however, was a dim comparison. This "O'Hare" property is tucked behind commercial & retail properties and is adjacent to a low- to moderate-income apartment complex (check out Google StreetView, which I had not done in advance, but wish I had). At check-in, I asked about the evening "reception" that Residence Inn's are known for, only to be told it's a mid-week activity (OK, fair enough). After finding our parking spot and seeing again the surrounding neighborhood, I was a bit worried about the safety of my vehicle, but it was well-lit, so we were not so worried as to seek other accommodations. As to the rooms, there were no two BR suites available, so we instead had opted to reserve two separate one BR suites (sleeping two of us in the double bed and one on the pull-out sofa in each room) Both rooms were adequate but somewhat dated (i.e., "popcorn" ceiling texture, older fixtures, etc.), and later that night when we were ready to pay for an over-priced in-room movie (Hah!), we discovered that the hotel did not offer on-demand rentals. (Oh well.) Before turning in for the evening, however, we drove to dinner at Hofbrauhaus Chicago, on Park Place, Rosemont, and it was excellent! There were a number of other restaurants, a large movie theater, shopping and fun activities around there (between O'Hare and the Convention Center I believe). We also discovered a number of other hotels nearby that more trendy/modern area, and found ourselves wishing we had booked at one of those. Nevertheless, we drove back to the Residence Inn O'Hare and had a comfortable night sleep. We looked forward to the next morning's breakfast which was served beginning at 8 AM (would have expected a 7 AM start time, but again, oh well). Breakfast was complementary, and it was acceptable. I generally am a big fan of the Marriott brand of hotels, and typically I find their various brands to offer good value and nicer than average properties. This one, however, did not meet those expectations. It was clean however, and the rooms were comfortable enough, so I'm rating it "Average" by overall standards, but by Marriott & other Residence Inn standards, this one is certainly below average IMO. In short, it's an average hotel that I will not stay at again unless nothing else is available.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Indy_Jones_500
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn as a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I am sorry that we did not have any of our Two-Bedroom suites available for you and your family, unfortunately they are a hot commodity during the Summer months and often sell out well in advance. I am glad to hear that you were able to book two One Bedroom suites to accommodate your group. It is great to hear that you were able to get over to MB Financial park in Rosemont to experience the Hofbrauhaus, it is a favorite of our staff as well. Although we no longer offer pay-per-view movies at the hotel, the park also has a Muvico theatre where you can catch a film and enjoy a meal all in one. I understand your concern about our rooms being a bit dated, and I am happy to share that we will be undergoing a full renovation this fall, and are looking forward to a fresh new product upon completion! I hope you choose to stay with us again after we complete this project, as I think you will find the modern feel that you were looking for on your recent visit. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Due to my line of work, I have stayed here over a month so far and am very comfortable here. There is a free hot breakfast every morning and a free dinner with wine and beer Monday - Thursday. If you don't feel like going out to eat you can grab some grub here and even take it to your room to eat, if you prefer. There is a tennis court, swimming pool, many outdoor seating areas, basketball hoop, business center and workout room. When we asked if we could get feather pillows instead of what we had, it was graciously brought to us. Usually the flights do not fly overhead but one Saturday evening as we were eating out by the pool, we did enjoy seeing planes directly above us which was kind of fun to see as there were not that high in the sky yet. There is LOTS of stores within walking distance and it is across the street from the Allstate Arena which hosts many main events.

Room Tip: If you like king sized beds, get a studio as the one bedroom only has queens.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. It is great to hear from our guests who have been staying with us for an extended period of time. I'm glad that you have been able to experience all of the amenities we are able to offer, and that our staff has made our hotel feel like home. Thank you again for making us your first option for your long term stay in the Chicago area, I look forward to speaking with you further as you continue to stay with us.

Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a group of families staying for our daughter's volleyball tournament at Rosemont Dome this past weekend and we had such a pleasant stay at Residence Inn. The hotel has a great outdoor pool with outdoor grill for guest to use which was great . The rooms were very clean and bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was great too! Can't say enough about the staff at Residence Inn from the front desk to housekeeping to ground crew. They were all so helpful, and friendly and went above and beyond for us during our stay. We would like to personally thank Jose P.for all of his help with our reservations and organizing our shuttle to the Dome. We will definitely come back to Residence Inn again and would highly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyMT
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for bringing your group of Volleyball families to come stay with us for the holiday weekend! I hope the team did well. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the first weekend our pool has been open this Spring, it was nice to finally have the weather for it here in Chicago. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, it is our goal to make sure all of our guests have the clean and comfortable experience that you had while staying with us. We hope to see you again for another tournament. Thank you again!

Canada, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were supposed to land at ORD at 8:05 pm, but because of severe weather, our flight touched down at 12:35 a.m. the next morning. By the time we got our bags, it was 1:25 am. This property does NOT have 24 hour shuttle service, so we stood in line for another 20 minutes for a $17 taxi ride to the property. It was fine once we arrived, but I would not book this place again unless I was scheduled to arrive earlier in the day. The way that airlines handle delays (not) these days, there's too much risk that you'll wind up stranded with no shuttle between 1 am and 5 am.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your flight was delayed due to severe weather, I know how frustrating it can be to be stranded and arrive to your destination much later than expected. We are happy to offer our shuttle service from the hours of 5AM until 1AM, and I am sorry that the airline delays kept you from arriving during this time frame. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel once you arrived, and we hope to see you again under better travel circumstances so you can take advantage of our shuttle service. Thank you again for your review.

Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Had a business trip in the area outside of Chicago for a few nights with a coworker. on the last night my coworker had to drive to Milwaukee, so i needed a hotel with a shuttle to the airport. Every hotel was booked except this one. When i showed up the staff was friendly and the room was clean. Shuttle service starts at 5am. I was only in the hotel for about 10 hours, but it seemed nice. No complaints here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for stopping in to see us on your way out of town. I am glad to hear that we could accommodate you when the rest of the area was all booked up. We are happy to provide the shuttle service you used to O'Hare airport for the convenience of our guests. We hope to see you the next time you travel to the area, and may it be for more than 10 hours next time. Thanks again!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a great location for the airport, and its near a million chain restaurants, so there is plenty to eat. The staff was great, there are lots of movie channels and the hotel is clean. My only complaint is that the breakfast is poor compared to other Residence Inn's I've stayed at. If I went back I would just pay to eat at Ihop and call it a day. Over all I would say again though!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is great to hear that you found our location to be convenient, and that our amenities including movie channels were able to fit your needs. I appreciate the kind words about our staff, as it is our goal to deliver the highest level of service possible. Thank you as well for the suggestion about our breakfast buffet, while IHop is an excellent option right next door, we are happy to offer our complimentary breakfast to all of our guests. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again!

Cory Fay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
#2 of 10 in Des Plaines
4.0 of 5 stars 719 reviews
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!