“Adequate”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
DC
“Adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Convenient to the airport and fast food/sit down dining options. Shuttle driver and front desk staff very friendly and engaged. The room was fairly spacious and the coffee machine held two caffeinated packets - an all too rare, but favorable development.

A few quibbles:

Lousy newspaper selection: My visit was a Sunday - and the newspaper offering was inadequate. Sorry, the USA Today weekend edition does not meet the minimal requirements of a Sunday paper (current news, local news, sports results).

Phone: No speaker phone or mute function on the room phones. Come on now! I didn't realize they made such basic stripped down phones any more.

If stuck transiting O'Hare and need a place to crash - this place is fine.

Room Tip: you got to go outside the office area to reach any of the rooms - so if it is winter time - request...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us at the Residence Inn O'Hare. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and our location to be convenient. As a Residence Inn, we pride ourselves in having rooms that offer more space than traditional hotel rooms, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of that space. I also appreciate the feedback regarding our newspapers and telephones on the room. We will take that into consideration moving forward. Thank you again for your response, we look forward to seeing you again!

Cory Fay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

One expects the quality of airport hotels to be a notch or two lower than their sibling properties located in cities or suburbs, and the O’Hare Residence Inn does not disappoint.

The soft worn-out mattress on the bed was bad enough, but the mattress on the fold-out sofa was thin, worn, and desperately needed to be replaced. I felt sorry for my teenager who had to sleep on it.

The room and common areas were not as clean as an average RI. Staff at breakfast service were slow to clean tables and clear trash. The entire property could benefit from a good scrub and brighter lighting in the hallways and lobby area.

Someone else commented on the safety of the neighborhood, but it seemed fine to me.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is super close to OHare. I half expected to be kept awake by landing 747s all night, but once in the hotel it's pretty quiet. The property abuts the Allstate Arena parking lot.

Check in was listed as 3, but I got in early and stopped by 1 to see if any rooms were available and was able to get a room. It's a Residence Inn, so it's designed with longer stays in mind (kitchen in the suites, other long stay amentities). The halls are dimly lit but my suite was plenty big and clean.

A word about the location. You could swing staying here a night without a car but you'll probably be happier with a set of wheels. The bigger hotels & convention sites in Rosemont aren't within walking distance. The 'L' stop is 3 miles away.

One nice surprise was the gym. I stayed at a Residence Inn in Boston earlier this year and the "exercise room" there was really sad. I expected similar but this one has got 2 nice treadmills, free weights and a couple other pieces of cardio equipment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. First, let me just say how CLEAN this place was!! I know the hotel is a little older, but you wouldn't have known it. I was worried about airplane noise, too, since it is so close to O'Hare, but we were on the first floor and slept like babies. One of my pet peeves about hotels in general is the constant door slamming in the mornings due to people leaving/checking out. I did not hear any doors slamming at all. If I hadn't known the hotel was booked solid, I would have thought we were the only people in our hall! We had 2 rooms: a 2 bedroom suite and a 1 bedroom suite. Staff was able to put our rooms next to each other. Another plus! I asked for a cot and it was delivered before we got the car unpacked. Oh, and parking is free...something pretty hard to come by near O'Hare.
The hotel backs up to the Allstate Arena and some older apartment and industrial buildings; not a very picturesque location, but it also sits behind restaurants and shops. We needed ice right away, and rather than wait for our 'fridge to make it, we walked to the Steak and Shake (about 40 steps from the door!) to get some. It was a great location for grabbing a quick bite. There is a Target nearby, too. I used to work in the area...it is not a "dangerous" location like some implied.
Took advantage of the breakfast in the morning. It was pretty typical for hotel breakfasts, but hot eggs, sausage and biscuits with gravy was a nice touch. During the week they actually serve a reception/buffet with hot food, so watch for that (we were there on the weekend).
So, we were there to have a great time with friends over at Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar & Grill" just down the road. We were told if the shuttle was available, we could get a ride over there. One friend opted to drive because she had to leave early, but the cab ride back was only 15 bucks for four of us (parking in the ramp at the entertainment complex would have been $13!). My sister needed to catch an early flight home in the morning, and she was able to grab some coffee before the shuttle took her there ~ no issues.
It was a colder October weekend, but walking back from breakfast we saw a barbecue area, pool , and mini basketball court. Overall, I was very pleased with our stay. If my friends play at Toby Keith's again, we will definitely use this hotel. Did I mention how clean it was?? :)

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free food and shuttle service. FREE parking, too!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
izzyf68, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words. My staff was truly excited to see all of your positive comments. Please come back and visit us again when you are in the Rosemont/OHare area.
home
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is not in the best location, the hotel it's self is older and really not one that I can recomend if you are looking for a stop for the night I could only say it's close to the airport. So if that is what you are looking for give it a try

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent one weekend night at this hotel recently, and found it to be a good value. It's convenient to ORD, the rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast was good as well.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance, and several others a short drive away.

I was surprised at how quiet the rooms were, considering the hotel being so close to a big busy airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mulhouse, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Located near the O'Hare airport makes this hotel interesting for business travellers and short stays... The hotel is well equpped, the staff is very friendly and the rooms are very nice (big rooms with kitchenette) and clean! Only deception is the breakfast with everything served on plastic dishes, in plastic bowls and plastic cups... the choice of food is very limited, too... And in the evening we decided to eat eleswhere because the buffett was very poor! But the hotel is still recommended, there are lots of places to eat around in walking distance!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!