“They Should Treat Frequent Guests Better”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My business partner and I stay at this hotel a minimum of 12 nights a year. It's very convenient to O'Hare and it has great beds. That's its strength. It's weaknesses are:
#1. The rooms stink. They smell like an old lady spilled perfume and baby powder in the room.
#2. They really emphasis their Starwood program and have a habit of saying "I have your Starwood number on your reservation" and then they put me in a non-Starwood room. The only reason that matters is because they charge for bottled water in the non-Starwood rooms. But it gets frustrating when they refuse to put me in a Starwood room and I have to ask them to deliver bottled water to my room.
#2.1 As a frequent stayer, it would seem that access to the wireless internet would be a nice little extra for those of us who stay their regularly. But NO if you want internet you gotta pay for it. So much for the great benefits of that Starwood membership.
#3. If you stay on the West (airport) side of the hotel it can be noisy and can get hot (afternoon sun). When I complained to the front desk that my room was hot they replied that the air conditioning wasn't turned on in the hotel because it "wasn't season." Of course, the fact that it's 80+ degrees in my room made it seem like "season" regardless of what the calendar said.
#4. My wake up call didn't come. How hard is that?
#5. I complained about the service I was receiving and asked to speak to the manager. I was told that he would be in at 8:00 a.m. and would call me. He didn't.
#6. The hotel is old and tired. It needs to be freshened, its offering needs to be stepped up, and its staff needs to be schooled.
Finally, they need to appreciate frequent guests. I spend roughly $1500 a year with this hotel.

I've stayed in worse hotels. But I've certainly stayed in better. Since I stay here regularly, this is kind of my second home in Chicago. I'd sure appreciate it if they'd up their game. There are fancier hotels nearby. I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel on this one and pick a better hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites with some associates for a business trip. You can see O'hare from the hotel it is so close, and they have shuttles running every half an hour to the airport. This was very convenient, because I did not have a rental car. I was able to take the shuttle to the airport and hop right on the Blue line train to the city to see my friends and sister. When I was done for the evening, I took the train back and called the hotel to have a shuttle pick me up. There is no need for a rental car while staying here, especially since parking appears to be expensive. The food at the hotel is nothing to be desired, but a Harry Carrey's is located at the Holiday Inn next store, and that is a good restaurant.

The overall hotel is in great condition and is very clean and open. A huge atrium extends the height of the building with a skylight on the roof. The rooms are suites, so they are very large. The bathrooms are fine, but nothing amazing. The showers were good, and the products they provided were good as well. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C was not loud at all. Overall a great hotel

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank spoons99
Reviewed March 3, 2010

It was fine. The staff was oh kay, nothing special.There was a point for about 15 straight minutes that I tried calling to find out how often the buses come around when I was at the airport, that no one answered the phone at 11 at nite! Twice someone switched me right on hold without saying please hold. When I finally got to the area where poeple were waiting for the shuttle to the hotel, everyone was complaining that no one would answer the phone and they were all wondering where the van was!!

The hotel was relatively nice. Nothing to write home about. The open area atrium is always nice. Kind of sparse though. They could do something to spruce it up. This hotel is just right for a one nite stay before flying out or one nite for a business meeting where your time is limited to the airport area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed for one night for business, and have no complaints with the hotel, however it does look a little dated. Some of the facilities and colouring look like they've come straight from the 70's and 80's. It was still very clean and offer good service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2009

The one time I was disappointed in my Hotwire purchase which rated this as a 3 1/2 star hotel.
Pros - very clean bathroom, nice staff but weary looking (like the hotel), nice, crisp, white bed linens, very large room
Cons - worn, weary, A/C in room didn't work well, paying for parking when there is lots of space for cars

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 8, 2009

The hotel is nice, the room was very comfortable. There are 2 LCD TVs with ~40 channels (10HD channels). In bedroom room there was a big and comfortable king size bed. There was also a small fridge, a microwave oven, a coffee machine, an iron and ironing board... There is adjustable air-condition/central heating thingie, you can adjust it up to 80 degrees Fahrenheit, maybe even more, but that was enough for me to fell like at home.
The hotel gym is pretty small - there are a lot of cardio machines but only one adjustable bench and assorted dumbells with max weight of 50/60 pounds.
I like the fact that there is free internet access - wired and wireless in the hotel lobby. You can also recieve free but weak Wi-Fi signal at 11th - thats the top floor so you can surf the net. :) The Wi-Fi network with stronger signal is pay-per-use, 10 USD per day.
The parking prices are a bit high for my standards, 30mins-free, 12 USD for ~8h and 18 USD for 24h.
The people on the front desk are friendy and nice, you can get a free safe deposit box and a key there to store your valuables.. And there is a free shuttle van that goes to the airport every 30 minutes and even at night by request. So you can get to the O'Hare airport and then hop on subway to go downtown for only 2.25 USD! ;)
That's a review from a european student point of view! :))

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I always thought SHERATON is the brand that means quality and great value. But this Sheraton in Rosemont needs to be remodelled. The room is old and the style is dated. I feel disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
The Westin O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#6 of 18 in Rosemont
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!