“Great airport hotel for an unexpected stopover!”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Well, got stuck in Chicago overnight as delays in Toronto caused me to miss my connecting flight to Dublin. I was fortunate the American Airlines staff were so organised and it was they, after rebooking flights for the following day, who recommended and booked me into this hotel on a special "Distressed Traveller" rate (63 bucks!).

Starting off, the hotel shuttle leaving the terminal could have been a little more clearly marked as I ended up on a shuttle for the Sheraton Four Points which is a different hotel altogether. Lucky we hadn't left the aiport complex at that stage and I was able to get off and wait at another terminal for the proper shuttle! That could have been my fault though- it was snowing, I was cold and tired and having no coat or bags, I was feeling a bit miserable and bereft. The driver could have made an announcement though as I'm sure I'm not to the first to make that mistake!

Check in was smooth and effortless and I loved the freely dispensed Starbucks coffee available at reception. The room itself was a revelation as it really was a suite! It had a seperate seating area which housed a comfy sofa, coffee table and lamps along with a work desk and huge flatscreen tv. The bathroom was fine, while the bedroom was fab. A huge comfy bed loaded with fluffy pillows and crisp white linens (all for me!) and yet another flatscreen tv with no shortage of decent channels! The flight mess-up was starting to feel very far away, particularly when my room service dinner of a giant, American-sized chicken and cheese toastie arrived, along with fries and a cup of soup! What was so cute was the miniature bottle of Heinz ketchup, sealed in plastic and just for me. All very reasonably priced and delivered with a smile.

That room rate didn't include any breakfast but I wasn't too concerned- I was perfectly happy with the Starbucks coffee machine in the room and had already decided I would get something on my return to the airport. I checked out via the service through the television and that was that- handy shuttle back to the airport where I caught a flight to London and then on to Dublin.

I definitely recommend this as an airport hotel. Not sure how far away it is to the city itself, but I suspect less than 40 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed December 17, 2008

Stayed for three days for a business meeting. The rooms are very large and spacious. Two flat screens - one in the bedrooma and one in the living room. Coffee maker and Starbucks coffee in the living room. Across the street is McDonalds. I did not eat in the hotel restaurants but the catering was pretty good. The beds are just so-so (I am getting spoiled by some of those phenomenal beds out there!) and the shuttle ran promptly every 20 minutes. You can take the shuttle to the airport to catch the subway (L) to get downtown. Overall it was fine.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank nancyesca
Reviewed November 18, 2008

There have got to be other options with dozens of hotels in the area. It took over 40 minutes to get picked up at the airport. 4 calls were made, but nothing happened. Checkin was fast, but the entire staff acts like they don't care. I asked about a restaurant nearby and was given bad information.

Look for other options.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Price was decent, the room was really nice. Most comfortable beds I've slept on in a hotel. It was clean and spacious. The room service was not so great. They have a 30 minute guarantee which its states that they will give you your meal complimentary if they do not comply with. Our meal was almost 15 minutes late and they only discounted 50%. Oh and the order was wrong and it took an extra 20 minutes for broccoli to arrive. Then the "waitress" hit my mom up for an extra tip on top of the already charged gratuity because "her supervisor took away her gratuity". Wasn't too happy with that. The only helpful nice person was the man who brought our bags to the room. Checking out was with a young lady who didn't even say good morning and the Check in was similar. I would only try this place again if I couldn't find another hotel close to the airport, but I can so I probably will not go back there.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2008

We recently stayed here for a couple nights and we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. It’s a beautiful hotel and the room we stayed in had a separate living room and bedroom area. This hotel however is near the O’Hare Airport and it’s in the suburb which there really isn’t anything to do in the burbs. There are no great views from the room or anything spectacular to see or do in the area. There is a McDonald’s on the opposite side of the hotel in walking distance (if you don’t want to eat breakfast at the hotel). We didn’t see the McDonald’s until later so we had ate the breakfast there at the Sheraton it was about $40 for two people which is pretty outrageous for what we received to eat. The room itself however was only $89 for a night I think I used my AAA card for the discount when I booked it online on their website– and the room was totally worth the money. It was a nice little getaway from the city for a couple days.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2008

After reviewing TripAdvisor and the hotel website, I decided to book two rooms for my family at this facility. Our son was leaving for Denmark and we wanted to spend time together before he flew out of O'Hare the following day.
We were very impressed with the gentleman that checked us in at the front desk. He was well-mannered and helpful. In fact, all of the staff was very kind, including our shuttle driver. We wanted to ride to the airport, say our farewells and return back to the hotel via the shuttle. O'Hare is not our favorite airport for parking! The hotel was very gracious with agreeing to this request. Not a problem at all.
We were very happy with the space we had in our rooms and the cleanliness. It was quiet and relaxing.
I was aware before we went that the parking would cost $12. I factored that detail into the price I negotiated. I was also aware that the internet within your room was an added price. It ended up being another $9.95. Remember to add those costs in when booking. Although I read in an earlier review that free bottled water was provided in the rooms, it now has a cost of $3 a bottle. Altogether, I would highly recommend this hotel. We were pleased with our experience and will return again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank LizNortonShores
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Stayed here for three nights and was very happy with my stay. Rooms have a lot of space and are very comfortable (both beds and other furniture). I was also surprised at how big the hotel was, making it a perfect place for a large family gathering or for business meetings.

There is a shuttle that will take you to and from the airport, but also to nearby places (Starbucks, IHOP, Target, Chipotle are all down the road). A Harry Carey's and an upscale seafood restaurant are next door, making it a small walk over for a drink and/or meal.

If staying near O'Hare again, this is definitely a place I go to.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!