“Layover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Orlando, Florida
“Layover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our flight got cancelled and we had stay to here and I am very pleased with the overall service with the exception of the operator that handled our call. The operator working on June 28th was very rude when we were trying to call for instructions on how to get picked up from the airport. She told us if we didnt see the driver we should take a taxi for $10. That's not what you want for a first impression and I hope a manager reads this. However the front desk manager and the rest of the staff made up for it. We were having a horrible night and a driver offered to take us to the nearest theatre because we did not know the area well to bad I don't remember his name. We really appreciated it. Stay at this hotel if you want to be close to the airport, very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul C, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear fresh4phe,
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. More importantly about the experience you received via the phone on the 28th. I did share this feedback with the Guest Services Manager and have made immediate changes to ensure a similar occurrence does not occur in the future. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sheraton O'Hare the next time you find yourself in the area.

Paul C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

After a long night of delayed flights and lost luggage, I stumbled upon this hotel. The room itself was very nice, spacious and clean, but the main reason I came to write a review is the staff. The overnight desk agent and the shuttle driver were two of the most accommodating people I have met in a long time. They both went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The night manager even let me borrow his personal cell phone charger because my charger was in my luggage that was lost. Great people with great attitudes! Worth the stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MarieC,
I am so glad that you stumbled upon us. We are very fortunate to have you stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can ever be of service in the future please call upon me personally.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The staff is excellent. Carol made sure my son was admitted to our room when my flight was delayed. Aaron, one of the shuttle drivers, gave my son good advice on pursuing a career in culinary arts. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Access to O'Hare by shuttle was timely. We'll stay again and I recommend the Sheraton when you're in Chicago.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CA Central Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Booked on an internet "savings" website and got a beautiful room. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean and large. The hotel is gorgeous inside-- atrium style middle where you can see all floors from the lobby -- and the service was first class from the front desk to the airport shuttle. (The shuttle driver deserves a special shout out... he was polite, engaged, friendly and constantly checking in with the guests on his shuttle despite the 6AM hour!) I'd seek this hotel out again in a heartbeat. If a real deal were to be had, I might even stay here on a trip to the City despite it being away from the tourist area. For sure a top-notch airport hotel. Within walking distance to the Harry Caray Steakhouse, which is a great choice for dinner!

Room Tip: King Suite is very comfortable!! Mine was in a quiet corner.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Paul C, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear CentralCoastTraveler

Thomaston, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First, I can't recommend signing up for Starwood Preferred guest program. Although I purchased my stay with points, I was upgraded to a two room King Suite. I have had very good experiences in all of my Sheraton product accommodations and enjoy the consistency of their quality across cities. My room was spotless, spacious, and fresh. The complementary service to and from the airport made transitions easy. The staff was courteous and understood how important their jobs were to the traveler.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade and join their program.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary K
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were initially unsure of our stay at the Sheraton due to some of the TripAdvisor reviews. We were however pleasantly surprised. We stayed at the hotel as we had an early flight out of O'Hare airport. The location is ideal if you are wanting to stay close to the airport, it is however a 30 minute train trip in to Chicago centre (The Loop). Our first impression was good, with the airport shuttle picking us up on time (the airport shuttle runs 24 hours a day). The front desk was friendly and helpful - Matthew was absolutely great. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms. The rooms have a separate living area which includes a basin in addition to water and coffee facilities. The room was clean and well laid out with all amenities needed. The bathroom was fine and cleaner than most others, specifically the bath/shower. WiFi is however not included. Chat to reception and see if they can assist. There was no overhead airplane noise which was surprising. The only negative of the stay was the large pillows on the bed which were uncomfortable. Overall we would definitely recommend this hotel if you are wanting to be close to O'Hare airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
Green Features: We thought it was great that they hotel offered $5 dollars toward the on-site cafe if housekeeping was forfeited for the day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ilds001
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed for a one night stopover on a business trip. I booked a King room but on check-in was told none were available so I was downgraded to a double room. The rooms were huge and very well equipped. Internet was not included and neither was breakfast. The fitness center was well equipped and the shuttle ran to the airport at half hour intervals.

Overall, if you value a large room/suite, this is a good choice. If you'd rather pay less and have breakfast and internet included, I think there would be better value available within similar distance to O'Hare.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
3.0 of 5 stars 274 reviews

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!