“Grand!”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Grand!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed for a single night last year while on business to the USA and had a very pleasant time.
The location is ideal for access to O'Hare Airport!
The suite I stayed at was very spacious and clean.
The food and staff were very friendly.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear KKH786
I really appreciate the time you took to share such wonderful feedback. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Lafayette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. We just wanted a little get away with some shopping, eating, and plane and people watching. Our check in was smooth and prompt. The rooms are essentially 2 room suites (think it mightve been an embassy suites at one time). Had a sofa and desk area in one room, and king size bed in the other. Both with flat screen tv's. We had requested a room on the upper floor facing the airport and got exactly as we requested. Nice view of ohare operations on the north end if your into that. Everything in the room was fine, beds comfortable, bathroom clean and functional. Would not hesitate to stay again. I've seen a few bad reviews, but our experience was great. We did not use internet (surcharge) or airport shuttle. Parking was included in our room rate, which overall was quite good on the weekend. Only thing I can think of to change would be for them to park their shuttle van somewhere else, it sticks out so far it can make it difficult to exit through the gates. A special thanks to Carol, who handled a phone call for us and a email and served her company well. Thanks Carol.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have great views of the airport, noise wasnt a problem
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Milo6
Thank your for such a wonderful and kind note. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share the great feedback with Carol as well. We're fortunate to have her in board.
Milton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Booked a last minute trip to Bermuda during the Christmas holiday & Travelzoo offered a $99.00 park & fly special! We arrived late. We were assisted with their loyalty program as my membership had gone dormant. Our suite was very nice! I wish we would have had more time to spend in it...arriving late & getting up at 4am for our flight. The airport shuttle was very convenient, both on the way to the airport & on the return. I will consider this hotel in the future when traveling out of O'Hare.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Karen B,

I ecstatic to hear that you had a wonderful time at Sheraton Chicago Ohare. Thank you for taking the time. We are ready to welcome you anytime! Happy New Year!
Many thanks
Paul C.
Alsip
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were staying a couple nights for a conference and the overall experience was just terrible.The hotel obviously sold more than they could handle because the staff was unable to keep up with the volume of people on the property. We brought this up to a manager named Robert as he passed through the restaurant. The only response that he gave us was don't worry Im a manager we know what we are doing. He seemed stressed by the situation but his tone and attitude was no way to speak to a customer. We brought this up to our event planner to which she will look into it. Besides the fact that he looked like he was 12 years old he should in no way be a "manager" as he was clueless on how to properly accept feedback given by an attendee. Never the less we made it through the chaos of the event with people from other groups not being directed and come to out break area and eating from the wrong set up. It didn't hurt anything but just added to the disorganization of the event as a whole. I would by no means recommend holding a function here of any kind. The prices were very cheap compared to surrounding hotels we were told but it was a clear indication of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Jennifer 1998,
I am terribly sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I am very interested to learn more about the details as we do not have a Robert on our management team. If you would like to share more I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I truly appreciate the feedback.
Many thanks
Paul C
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

If traveling for business Ill sure recommend this hotel, very spacious rooms and amenities are nice. (Breakfast hours a little to short for me) but again, if you are working, you won't even notice a couple a small details (Shuttle only to airport / blue line, would be great to have a ride downtown ¨16 stops taking the train¨). Location is good, very close to airport, shopping mall, a couple of bars and a bunch of restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: If you like planes, request a room facing the airport.. I enjoyed it very much! (Not noisy)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PjDiaz,

It is such a treat hearing wonderful feedback like yours. I am also excited to tell you that we will soon introduce several changes to our entire Breakfast experience. We hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Chicago Ohare real soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Judgement a little bit effected by having to wait over 1 hour for the free collection shuttle bus to arrive at Chicago O'Hare. Considering the journey time is less than ten minutes - why so long?. Very polite female driver though.
Room and service no problem although having only drunk the complimentary bottled water my bill included a $2 charged for water - had this removed but how does it get on the bill in the first instance. All small issues but none the less an excellent hotel

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob L
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear boblocke51

I appreciate you taking the time to share specifics of your recent stay. I have already spoken with the team and shared your feedback. I also shared with Wilma, the shuttle driver, your kind words. We appreciate you and look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Chicago OHare real soon. Warm regards
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I used this hotel for 2 consecutive weekends in October.
The hotel is convenient to the Airport and it has great rates on weekends. The property is in good shape and the rooms are all suites. Nice property overall.
However, because this is an overflow airport and conference hotel, the service is lacking. There is no attention to detail.
For instance, we had a breakfast package, but the vouchers were not given to us until the second or the third day. They never made up for it even though they promised to do it. We also had extra charges that we did not recognized.
As a platinum member you do not get any recognition.
I contacted the manager. Never got a reply back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear ToniCTravelAmenniti,

Please accept my sincere apology for not being able to exceed your expectations. The details of your feedback are very concerning to me. I have met with the Director of Guest Services already and have taken immediate action to ensure this does not repeat.

If I can earn your trust back on your next trip to Chicago please call me directly.

Very best,