“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Zhuhai, China
“Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel, as its name suggests, is located 5 minutes from airport. If you hire a rental car from airport its super easy to find and plenty of secure parking (at a small fee $12 per night)

There is also a shuttle bus service to and from the hotel. The rooms are quite large and are suites with separate lounge room. I had a very comfortable nights sleep here. The hotel is spacious and the lobby lounge area is very large.

There is a convience store located in teh loby of the hotel which was super handy.

The staff here were very friendly and helpful. I was here on business with meetings outside the Chicago area so this hotel was perfect also as it was very easy driving to get on to the freeway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know that we are doing a good job! It is great to hear that you found the hotel so accommodating and convenient. We are very proud to call this home and we work really hard to ensure our guests receive the best service possible. We hope to see you again and thank you again for your kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Island Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently for business. This hotel is in a great location if you are looking for a stay over between flights or need to be close the airport for any reason. The hotel is clean and quiet. Rooms are nicely fitted and I found mine to be very clean. Breakfast was just fine. It is too bad that there is no pool or hot tub.

Honestly not much to say about this hotel except for one main thing - the shuttle. We had an issue as we were there for business, but the shuttle did not show up to the airport to receive us and take us to the hotel until at least an hour after we arrived. This was disappointing as it is supposed to be operating on a 20 minute rotation to and from the hotel. Several phone calls to the front desk asking where the shuttle was, some disgruntled colleagues, and 1 hour plus later, the shuttle arrived...Meanwhile, we watched the Hyatt, Holiday Inn and almost every other hotel shuttle pass us by....several times.

However, we later figured out why this might be...once we were to the hotel, we asked for the shuttle to take us to a restaurant nearby which he gladly did and received a nice tip for it. He was then kind enough to pick us up from the restaurant later. However, there was only one shuttle driver, so if he was driving us, he was obviously not making round trips to and from the airport....

This is not a reason not to stay at the hotel, just a friendly watch out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel. We certainly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve every day. That being said, we do apologize that you had issue with the shuttle service to and from the airport. I know we have taken some major steps to ensure the shuttle is operating in a consistent and timely fashion. Obviously, yes you are right, it appears the shuttle was undermanned. That does not excuse the fact our shuttle strictly states we operate rotations to the airport every 20 minutes on the hour. We apologize for this inconvenience and I have addressed this situation with the appropriate departments. However, we are glad to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you again and have a great rest of the week!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was expecting a flawless stay at this hotel. That should be expected with the rate charged. Unfortunately, it was not delivered. The room was just okay, there was a drainage issue with the sink. Should be easily remedied. But, front desk agent was rude. It took FD 3 days to forward this to maintenance. Maintenance quickly responed and corrected the issue. But, for some odd reason, the maintenance did not receive the notice until the 3 rd day. Again, the service from the FD was horrible. I called the operations manager upon my check out. My call was never returned. The only smooth encounter was the pick-up and drop off to the terminal. THe driver was prompt and friendly. I will most lkely never return to this hotel. That is a shame as I am in the area frequently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Though we do apologize for the unsavory experience that was left with you during your stay, we do truly appreciate you taking time to write us a review. I have taken the liberty of addressing the front desk regarding this situation. Under no circumstances should you be put in a situation where repetitive requests have to be made. However, it is still nice to hear that you enjoyed the shuttle service provided. I really hope that you will give us another shot to prove that we are an excellent hotel with a lot to offer our guests. We truly know how to WOW our guests and I encourage you to visit us again. Should you choose to come back, please use me as a personal contact for anything you might need. I can be reached at (847-699-3516). Thank you again for writing us a review! It is the feedback we receive that will help us take the next steps toward excellence.
Woodbridge, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Shuttle will take you to airport. Lobby great. Room was view of O'Hare runway. No noise from landing or take off. Breakfast was great in the lounge each day. Great location to and from airport. About 5 miles from the Fashion Outlet @ O'Hare.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review! Your writing is quick and to the point so I will do the same. We really appreciate your words and we couldn't agree more! With close proximity to the Fashion Outlets and the Park at Rosemont, this area offers an array of things to do when visiting the airport. That is sometimes a pretty rare feature for an airport location to have so much going on around it. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently spent two nights here (7/29-8/1) for the first time on business. I have a new job that involves business right next door. My company has a corporate rate arrangement. My first experience here was terrible, including:
-- Business center computer deleting my email/memo with no warning. It just shuts off, apparently for security reasons, after 45 minutes.
-- Chronic problems with keys. It's tiring to go to the 8th floor, find your key doesn't work again, and have to go all the way down to get it fixed.
-- Odors! Started out on 4th floor and asked for switch. Same weird odor, perhaps from the carpeting, in room 815.
-- Botched dry cleaning. Was promised suit would be in closet by 3. It wasn't. No explanation. Had to make several phone calls. Then promised it would be in closet next day by 3. Again, it wasn't. I had to make calls. It was finally delivered. They did remove the charge for this.
-- Loud fan in room 815. For some reason, they put it right behind the door that connects rooms in the suite. Unless you entirely close door, the fan will draw the door to it and then, when door is covering fan, make a very loud noise.
-- The hotel is supposedly renovated but it's like 1983 all over again, without trying to be vintage. Chocolate carpeting? Depressing.
-- When checking out, I told the new manager of a disappointing stay. He offered to put 7,000 points on my Starwood Preferred Guest account. Guess what? It never happened. I called Starwood and they said to call the hotel back. I did and explained to front desk person, who said she would talk to manager and have someone call me back. Guess what? Never happened.
-- On a positive note, the morning guy running the shuttle bus and handling the luggage was energetic, well-informed and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
There is absolutely no excuse for all the issues that you experienced at the hotel. Whereas some things we cannot change such as the decor of the new renovation, we can certainly make drastic improvements to the processes that occur on a daily basis. We truly apologize for the negative taste we left on your palate. I have taken your review to the management team so everyone is aware of the situations that took place so we can prevent these experiences in the future. On a positive note, we are glad to hear that the shuttle driver was a bright spot in your day. Again, we apologize for the experiences you endured throughout your stay but we do honestly and genuinely appreciate your feedback. Thank you for writing this review and we hope that you will give us another chance should you find yourself in the Rosemont region again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed a night before our 30hrs of trip with my family (two children). We have stayed many hotels so far, and this hotel is definitely on our top list. The checking in process was quick and smooth enough. and the parking lot for hotel stayer is simple and really close to the main entrance. We had a room service. the food was actually better than other hotel we have been. The only thing that I wanted to see more improvements are 1. the phone in the room was not working fine, so I had hard time to ask for the room service and 2. The information of hotel paper was not in good condition the cover page and the last page was on the floor.

The condition of the room is good overall. the coffee pot was clean enough to use. our children were enjoying the stay.

Room Tip: book with SPG, which makes really quick.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel! We do have a system in place to monitor and audit our guest rooms to ensure things are working properly and consistently. That does not excuse the fact that your telephone was insufficient and we apologize for that inconvenience. It is the little things that make the difference for our guests. This issue has been reported to the appropriate department in the hotel and we will work to ensure that is not a problem moving forward. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you at the hotel again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This at one time was one of my favorites in Chicago. That opinion is changing quickly. Rooms and facility are fine. They lack all forms of customer service. Sinks in room wouldn't drain....so what they have no concern. Wireless Internet service is non existent ...and on a business trip you really need to be able to connect. Once agains pleas for help are ignored and then they charge you for service you did not receive. You have to watch your bill closely. In spite of group contract they charge you for items that are covered. Front desk staff is non responsive to needs. Simply asking for copy to be made is a major task.

Room Tip: Xif traveling for business you many want to reconsider
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Though we are very apologetic that you did not receive satisfactory service I do want to thank you for writing a response. There is no excuse for not receiving immediate attention to any requests. We certainly don't want you to leave with a negative opinion, especially considering we have been one of your favorite hotels over the course of your travel. Please take my contact info and if you ever have a concern you are welcome to personally contact me for any comments or requests (847-699-3516). We truly hope to see you again so we can prove that we are still the same hotel you enjoyed in previous trips!