“Clean, quick service, conveniently located near the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, quick service, conveniently located near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in their suite on the 9th floor with the discounted price, so it was a good deal. Interesting layout of the hotel. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Quick and efficient front desk staff. The hotel is about 10-min ride in the shuttle from the airport (I think it runs every 20 minutes or so). Our shuttle was on time both on our way from the airport and back. In-room food (ordered a couple of soups) was okay, but the delivery was super fast. We did not have enough creamers/sugar for coffee, so when we requested additional ones, we got them within a couple of minutes! A good place to stay if you want to be close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! It means a lot that we were able to provide you with a great all-around experience at the hotel. Hopefully we get a chance to welcome you back so we can show you what else we can do. It is great for us to hit all the basics but I know we can do more! The best way to bring travelers back to the hotel is through creating memorable, unique experiences and not just through doing just the expected amount. I know our staff is working really hard to create those experiences and your next stay will be that more enjoyable. Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a two-room suite (and maybe all rooms are like that?), so there was plenty of room for a family to spread out (although, really bad feng shui, if it matters to you like it does to me!) Everything is very basic and circa 1980 style -- rooms around giant atrium, glass elevator, bland colors and artwork, homey furnishings. Service to match. And it even has that old smell that was typical of hotels back then. Not a bad place and not a bad value given the size of the suites. Functional and useful for a quick visit, but not the place for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you weren't that satisfied with our hotel's appearance. However, I do have to say that we just completed a full renovation of the entire property within the last 12 months. The guest rooms, common areas and meeting space were all rebuilt and refurnished along with the artwork, carpeting and decor. That being said, we definitely appreciate your feedback because we can use those suggestions to make ourselves better moving forward. Thank you for your honesty and we hope that you visit us again.
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I spent one night for a conference held in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised as I thought the hotel would feel like a "1980's" property. The room was clean and spacious. We had a dinner in the hotel and the restaurant was just as good as any fine restaurant. I highly recommend the salmon for those guests who dine in. I have another conference in November and look forward to my return trip. Also the shuttle was waiting for me...and the driver was very courteous.

Room Tip: Any room will be fine.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words in review of the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare! We really appreciate hearing that all our hard work is paying off. The staff has worked really hard to produce an exceptional product in the kitchen and we are glad you enjoyed their creativity. We hope you have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and we would love to show you all of the other things we do well! Have a great holiday weekend.
Astoria, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel itself is pretty standard stuff for an airport property. Room was laid out like a suite, which was a nice surprise, though it's not a huge benefit if you're basically just going there to catch six hours of sleep, like I was.

My problem was with the shuttle, which was the main reason why I chose this hotel and it's location RIGHT next to the airport. When I checked in, I asked the girl at the front desk about shuttle details, and she told me it ran every hour on the :00, :20 and :40. I asked how sharp that schedule usually is, and she said it leaves right on time every time.

So I came downstairs at 9:30 a.m. on the dot, expecting to catch the 9:40 shuttle. When 9:55 rolled around and still no shuttle had come, I went inside to talk to the lady at the front desk and she assured me one was coming. Another 10 minutes passed and, worried I was going to miss my flight at this point, I spent the $15 to take a cab.

So basically, if you choose this location for the shuttle service, as I did, look elsewhere.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us feedback on our service and hotel. Normally, I don't hear issues regarding our shuttle service so we owe you quite an apology for the inconvenience. Typically, our bell captains and driving team offer the brightest and timeliest service on staff. Our tenured team prides themselves on their ability to hold schedule and create a friendly environment. We hope you come back to visit us again. I assure you that our shuttle team maintains a very consistent service and we will prove to you that previous experience was an isolated incident. Should you ever run into any issues you are more than welcome to contact me directly to solve any problem. Thank you again and have a safe 4th!
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nothing wrong with it: punctual airport shuttle, reasonably efficient check-in and check-out, clean rooms, polite staff.
I didn't like the sitting-room window looking out on the corridor, meaning that for privacy I had to have curtains drawn at all times. The bedroom window's view was of the car park. The windowless bathroom had inexistent cupboard space under the sink - panes of wood where there could have been cupboard doors. Weird.
No minibar, but a fridge for your own drinks, and complimentary bottled water (although it's reprocessed so I wouldn't drink it).
The one and only bar cum restaurant on the ground floorserves a limited menu for lunch and a slightly more expanded one for dinner.
The food is good, except for breakfast which offers a $17 buffet with cereals, overcooked scrambled eggs, inedible defrosted fruit and various breads, coffee and juice. The "chef's plate" at $14 is marginally better with a heart attack inducing omelet and hash browns.
The waiters' attitude is very casual, and they spend most of their time noisily chatting amongst themselves, although to be fair the place wasn't busy so no one suffered inordinate waits as a result. It's just that they make it clear this is their territory and the customer's intruding - I've seen the same in shops and it's just not classy.
The air conditioning in the atrium is fierce - take a coat and scarf if you're going to spend any time there as the staff won't turn it down.
There's a gym on the second floor and the hotel has an agreement with a neighbourhood fitness centre that has a pool - I didn't visit either but mention them for completeness.

Room Tip: as far away from the lifts as possible
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review our property! Whereas we do strive to provide the best possible experience for every guest I apologize that you felt neglected by our wait staff in the Restaurant. Busy or not, our entire staff should be 100% focused on the guest needs and that issue has been addressed with the team. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food though! Our chef is constantly experimenting with new and creative ideas to improve the menu and that is an ongoing year-round process. Please come back and visit us and I will offer some suggestions regarding things to do in the area from the fashion outlets to all the great restaurants and entertainment venues. Perhaps we will have some new menu options for you to try. Thank you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for only one night but were impressed with the hotel. Very clean and up-to-date. The price was very good. Our room was very spacious with 2 TV's and a door to close off to the bedroom. I am an early riser compared to my husband, so he could still sleep and I could move about and not worry about making noise. We never heard any planes and the room was very quiet. Our only complaint was no free coffee after you checked out. Has been a long time since we could not get a complimentary cup of coffee outside of the room. The location was good and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and pleasant review. We love hearing great stories about guest experiences and the journey that brings them to our property. However, I do apologize that you were dissatisfied with our lack of coffee service. I understand that your stay was unique but hopefully we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property. If you do find yourself back in the O'Hare region definitely let me know when to expect you and your next cup of coffee is on me. Best of luck to you and your grandson!
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days on business. Honestly I didn't spend much time in the room, but it was spacious. This is an older-style hotel, shaped like a large square with an empty atrium in the middle, but they have remodeled the interior so it doesn't seem like 1970 anymore. The main remnant from 1970 is that they still charge for internet. They have central HVAC now which is great, since the noise of most units clicking on in the night is a pet peeve of mine. During the Blackhawks game, the noise from the interior atrium was pretty noisy, but other times it functions well for people to meet and have a drink. The rooms include a mini fridge and coffee maker, and asked for a microwave which they provided without charge. Unfortunately there is no guest laundry if that is important to you.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review of the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. We are glad to hear that your overall experience was pleasant and enjoyable. Recently, we completed a full renovation of the entire property and it is great to see our guests recognize all the hard work that brought this transformation to fruition. The open atrium is a key component to bringing people together and that is one of the main ingredients to our success though we do apologize for any noise disruption our hockey spectators may have caused. We will definitely take your suggestions to heart as we are always looking to tailor our guest experiences.