“Fresh new decor - a nice surprise for a business hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
New York
“Fresh new decor - a nice surprise for a business hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just spent a night here and was so pleasantly surprised at the beautiful decor, almost like a boutique hotel. My suite was done in nice tones of taupe and beige, the bedding was premium, the furniture was really lovely. Staff was very nice. Was just here for a quick overnight, but wished I could have spent a little more time enjoying this lovely property. Nice lobby bar, too. Did not eat here, but room service coffee arrived right on time. Highly recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor and for pointing out our full hotel renovation which was just completed last summer! We continue to add new services and amenities to our property all the time in order to help you enjoy your time with us even more. Be sure to check out our all new Sheraton Social Hour featuring wine tasting's and complimentary five minute massages the next time you're in town! We feature our Sheraton Social Hour every Tuesday-Thursday from 5pm-7pm. We hope to see you again at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare very soon and thank you for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staff makes the difference at this hotel. Not only are they friendly and competent, they ask if there is anything else they can do to make your stay more pleasant. From the drivers of the shuttle to the front desk personnel and the lounge hosts, you will receive sincere smiles and offers of assistance. The property itself was recently renovated and that is a plus as well as the staff. My wife and I fly out of ORD often and we use this hotel most on the nights prior to our departures.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are quieter but all rooms have a sitting room and then a bedroom that is sepa...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your repeat business and loyalty to our property as well as the nice comments about our staff. Here at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare we strive to go above and beyond in order to create those memorable guest experiences that will keep you coming back time and again. It certainly sounds like we've accomplished this goal with you and your wife and we look forward to seeing you both here again very soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice while traveling for business and enjoyed the customer experience each time.

The rooms were clean and offered much space, the staff goes above and beyond to satisfy customer needs, and it offers all amentities needed when away from home.

I have no reservations whatsoever staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent comments on TripAdvisor and we're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your past stay with us. We hope that every time you travel to the O'Hare area you will look to stay at our property! If there is something that we can do next time to help personalize your stay even more please feel free to contact us and we'll be more than happy to accommodate you.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was supposed to fly to Greece through JFK airport in NY but my flight cancelled due to the weather (not so convinced about that but it's an issue with Delta) so I had to spend two more nights in Chicago. Delta airlines did not provide me accomodation and they just gave me 2 discount vouchers for Marriott O'Hare hotel, for 84 $ rate per night. The problem in my situation was that i had already spend 7 nights in USA and my credit card had only 160 $,so I could not afford my stay there until my family could put me some money from Greece.
I explained to the reception what happened to me due to the cancellation of my flight and that I had been waiting for 8 hours in the airport (there were 2 delays of my flight before the final cancellation) and i kindly requested them not to charge the whole amount for 2 nights in my debit card because in that case i would completely run out of money for the next two days. Moreover, i explained to them that i could not communicate with my family in Greece because the time there was 4am. They were very well informed about my difficult situation but they did not care at all and they advised me to call Delta airlines.
I called Delta airlines and the agent on the phone advised me to go back to the airport and find a supervisor who will definitely help me by providing me accomodation. I went back to the airport but I couldnt find a supervisor and the officers told me that the best they could do for me is to give me a phone to contact a hospitality company,which could possibly provide me cheaper accomodation. And they did finally, they gave me 2 new discount vouchers for Sheraton hotel with a 59$ rate per night (i don't want to give the name of the other hotel,because i dont want to make it seem like i try to promote another hotel instead of yours).
I came back to Marriott almost at 10pm because I had left my luggage there,being sure that delta would provide me free accomodation as they obviousloy should have done,but they did not finally.I was really tired being 10 hours on the road and at the airport so i thought that it might be a good idea to ask Marriott if they could at least for the first night give me the 59$ rate as the Sheraton hotel did,in order to avoid going back to the airport and waiting for the Sheraton hotel's shuttle bus to take me there. But Marriott denied again my suggestion,even though the time was very late at night and the only thing i really needed was a bed to take a sleep after a very very long and difficult day. the time as i told you was already too late at night so i guess that there was no problem with their room rate,i just asked them to give me this price for the first night. i did not try to take a benefit and stay at a lower rate....my situation was really hard and they didnt care at all. After all, I was requested them if they could just ask their shuttle bus driver to drive me directly to the other hotel which was 1,5 miles away but they REFUSED again.
I dont know the name of the manager or so called however but she did not care at all about my situation. She must know that it is not all about money....I could not believe her attitude, she treated me like i was a homeless. Just to remind you that I stayed 7 nights in NY and Chicago and spent about 5000 $, staying in 4 and 5 star hotels, but i could never believe that i could face such a hard situation.
I finally came to Sheraton with the help of a kind man in Marriott's reception who asked Sheraton to send a driver to pick me up. When I came to Sheraton the manager initially denied to provide me accomodation because the discount vouchers could not be accepted from Sheraton.
I could not believe what was happening to me....if they denied to provide me accomodation I would have to go back to the airport and search for a hotel room at midnight. I started explaining what happened to me and the manager directly told me that she will take care of me and that i didnt have to worry about anything and that she felt so bad for my situation.
and she actually gave me one of the best rooms in Sheraton, with a 49$ rate per night (even less than the discount voucher rate) including free breakfast. I HAVE NO WORDS TO THANK THIS WOMAN.
That is what i wrote in the title of my review....it's not all about money....it's how you treat your customers.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Wow what an incredible story!!! We're so sorry that you were stuck in such a difficult situation and being stranded so far away from home on top of that. It is good to hear that our staff stepped up to the plate and did everything they could to accommodate you. That's what your experience should be like no matter where you stay! We hope that you'll come back to visit us again soon and hopefully next time it will be under better circumstances. Take care and safe travels!
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

There is nothing outstanding about this airport hotel, but there is nothing to complain about either. The location is almost within walking distance of the airport but is quiet because they have excellent soundproofing. Despite the airport location staff are helpful and courteous. The airport shuttle is quick and reliable. The lounge breakfast is typical Sheraton, but lounge staff are very solicitous of guests requests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your positive comments regarding our hotel and staff! If there is any way that we can make your future stays with us even more enjoyable or something that you would like to see us incorporate the next time you're in town please do not hesitate to let us know. We enjoy receiving feedback from our guests and acting on that feedback to enhance your experience even further!
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Overall I had a nice stay at this hotel. The room was nice, had a great dinner and drink at the hotel bar, and had a good night sleep. The thing that was astonishing to me was that the breakfast in the lobby cost me $20 and no one felt the need to tell me until they asked if I had a coupon and brought over the bill. I talked to who I assume was the manager before I left about how I would get a coupon and he said that was a special package when you reserved your room. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and never experienced that. If it was, say, $10 I probably wouldn't have even written this, but $20 for a glob of cold egg substitute and a price of sausage is ludicrous.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Miche8344881
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We do sincerely apologize about your less than satisfactory experience with our breakfast buffet. Moving forward we'll make sure that the buffet charge is clearly shown for all of our guests to see. We're also always looking to make changes and accommodate our guest's requests so if you have any suggestions on how we can make our breakfast buffet even better then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. We thank you again for staying at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare and take care!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for work. I didn't book the room myself so I was pleasantly surprised to open the door to a one bedroom suite. The bed was very comfortable. The only complaint is that no water came out if the faucet in the sink in the sitting area. The food was fine. Everything seemed to go smoothly with regards to the conference vAlso, they have a shuttle which runs every twenty minutes to the airport. The Lobby bar was a good place to socialize. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and feedback of our hotel. We apologize that there was an issue with your wet bar sink and we encourage you to let one of our staff know the next time you stay with us should anything else ever come up. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you here again soon!