“Not bad for an airport hotel”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Cleveland, OH
“Not bad for an airport hotel”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay here often and it is my "go-to" hotel when needing to be near O'Hare.

Pros:
* Close to O'Hare
* All rooms are suites
* Comfortable beds/pillows
* Concierge Lounge for elites on top floor (breakfast/appetizers during the week)
* Shuttle service now every 20 minutes (was every 30 minutes)
* Fridge in each room

Cons:
* Small bathrooms
* Not much outside light gets in. One window out in bedroom but because of configuration of room, no light really reaches the "work" part of the room.
* Uncomfortable work chairs
* Not enough outlets in some rooms by the work area. Some rooms seem to have a lot and others have barely any. Unsure why this is so inconsistent by room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for being a frequent guest at our hotel! We certainly appreciate your business and we also thank you for your feedback regarding our property as that is how we get better as a staff and are able to provide a better overall experience for travelers like yourself. We also strive for consistency with all of our guestrooms and we have made sure that all of our rooms have the same amount of electrical outlets moving forward. We thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a good full service business hotel. I love having a restaurant and a bar in the hotel and this hotel has a good one. The Rooms are spacious and quite. The bathrooms are nothing special. The location is great. Good hotel for business, but I would not go here for pleasure. All and all, I’m happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us but we would love to take your guest experience to the next level and thus we would encourage you to reach out to our hotel staff directly and let us know how we can make your next stay at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare stand out from all the rest. We hope to see you back here again very soon!
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for a company party. The King Suite was very big (bonus). It's a little dated, but fine for a quick over nighter. Large bar area and clean. The shower was surprisingly big. I just hope hotels stop using stiff sheets!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We thank you for your comments and feedback regarding our property. We did undergo a full hotel renovation this past year so the entire hotel is brand new and we also recently purchased new white bedding for all of our guestrooms. We hope that you'll come visit our property again very soon and see all of the new guest amenities and services that we're constantly implementing in order to better serve travelers like yourself!
Vancouver ,BC ,Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The suite was dated,and the worst thing was the dim lighting .They were using some type of narrow spectrum florescent lighting in the rooms that made everything look even more aged.
The rooms were clean and there was a fridge ,and the bed was comfortable.
The rooms were a good size with a desk,couch ,and a separate bedroom.The design of the hotel with the rooms around the perimeter,and an open lobby that went all the way up to the ceiling was ok except that the noise in the lobby was heard,and quite loud when there were a lot of guests in the lobby.
The car rental was right across the street ,so it was easy to return.
Breakfast was available in the lobby in the morning .
The staff were all very helpful and courteous .
The experience would have been a lot better if they updated the lighting ,and the rooms .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We appreciate your thoughts and feedback that you provided for us. We did recently complete a full hotel renovation this past summer and we're still trying to work on getting everything just right so that our guests can enjoy their time here to the fullest. We noted your suggestion regarding the lighting in our guestrooms and very shortly we'll be implementing some test rooms that have different lighting installed to see if that makes things a little brighter for everyone! Feedback from guest's like yourself is a great way for us to improve our service and guest experience. We appreciate your taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor and we hope that you'll come stay with us again very soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Each time I have stayed at this hotel for business I have been impressed. The hotel recently renovated its lobby restaurant/bar area and it is now a vibrant meeting place with new, fresh, clean design throughout. My room has always been clean, and most rooms are quite spacious. I stayed on the club level this past trip and had access to the club lounge on the 11th floor for appetizers and breakfast. The fitness room is on the small size (4 treadmills and 3 ellipticals) but there are also free weights, exercise mats and other equipment that make it seem more like a gym.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We always enjoy hearing feedback on our renovation and we're glad that you've been enjoying all of the new features that the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare has to offer. The next time you're in town be sure to stop by the restaurant and check out our all new Sheraton Social Hour featuring wine's rated 90+ points and higher by Wine Spectator and complimentary appetizers! We hope to see you back at our property again very soon!
NY
Reviewed November 18, 2012

On the whole I really liked this hotel. The suite was more than I bargained for and a real plus. Rooms looked updated, not tired. Staff was nice. The ambiance in the hotel is great. Bed is comfy and the little fridge in the suite was so nice to have.
That said, I had a few issues:

1 - Check in was a hassle because they didn't have my reservation on file although SPG had it. Took them quite a while to find it and I was really tired. Manager offered me some starwoods points to compensate and that was appreciated.
2 - Remote control didn't work at all. Luckily there was a second one in the room, but that was a pain in the neck.
3 - There was no soap or shampoo in the shower. Not good!
4 - Only one person at front desk when I wanted to check out and a long line of people waiting. Unacceptable. Folks have a plane to catch, meetings to go to and one clerk is not enough.
5 - There is no pool. A big hotel like this should have one.

I emailed SPG advising them of my experiences and they emailed me back offering me all of 500 points. Thanks guys, but that's called coming up a bit short in my opinion. I'm a darn good customer - I stay at many SPG hotels each year, and I expected a bit better than that. Usually they're more generous. This was a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We apologize about the inconveniences that you experienced while staying at our hotel. We always strive to take good care of all our guests and we certainly do appreciate our loyal SPG travelers as well. We do hope that you'll return to our property again in the future as we would love another opportunity to give you the Sheraton experience and treatment that you deserve. If there is anything else that we can do for you in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and ask for assistance.
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'll start by applauding the service levels I received - everyone I interacted with in this hotel was very helpful and professional. Front desk, bar, restaurant - all deserve a compliment for positive attitude and efficiency.

That said, I have to say I was less than impressed by the room itself. The two things that immediately jumped out at me as being sub-standard were the shower and the lighting. The shower was the worst I've had in several years - nowhere near enough flow or pressure to be considered reasonable. I see the shower and the bed as being the two most important things in any hotel room, so this is a big detractor. Lighting was similarly poor; while I understand and appreciate the desire to be energy efficient, the old first-generation CFLs just don't work well and look terrible. A couple of the main overhead bulbs were so old and worn-out that they were terribly dim - more like nightlights than primary lighting. There are too many good efficient lighting solutions available now to have to deal with outdated, dim, ugly lighting. Additionally, the bathroom itself was very small for this class of hotel - not a deal-breaker by itself, but just not quite what I expect at this price point.

Bottom line: A couple of minor updates/upgrades would make this a great hotel, but as it is I don't think it merits the price, particularly with the extra charge for internet service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments about our staff. We do apologize about the difficulties you encountered with your guestroom and we will take steps to ensure that your next stay with us goes much smoother. If there is anything else that you would like to see us implement at our property please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly to provide any further feedback that you may have. Thank you for taking the time to review our property as well.