“Budget hotel at business class pricing”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'll start by applauding the service levels I received - everyone I interacted with in this hotel was very helpful and professional. Front desk, bar, restaurant - all deserve a compliment for positive attitude and efficiency.

That said, I have to say I was less than impressed by the room itself. The two things that immediately jumped out at me as being sub-standard were the shower and the lighting. The shower was the worst I've had in several years - nowhere near enough flow or pressure to be considered reasonable. I see the shower and the bed as being the two most important things in any hotel room, so this is a big detractor. Lighting was similarly poor; while I understand and appreciate the desire to be energy efficient, the old first-generation CFLs just don't work well and look terrible. A couple of the main overhead bulbs were so old and worn-out that they were terribly dim - more like nightlights than primary lighting. There are too many good efficient lighting solutions available now to have to deal with outdated, dim, ugly lighting. Additionally, the bathroom itself was very small for this class of hotel - not a deal-breaker by itself, but just not quite what I expect at this price point.

Bottom line: A couple of minor updates/upgrades would make this a great hotel, but as it is I don't think it merits the price, particularly with the extra charge for internet service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments about our staff. We do apologize about the difficulties you encountered with your guestroom and we will take steps to ensure that your next stay with us goes much smoother. If there is anything else that you would like to see us implement at our property please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly to provide any further feedback that you may have. Thank you for taking the time to review our property as well.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I actually booked this hotel by mistake, but it turned out to be a very pleasant mistake.

I arrived at O'Hare early on a Sunday morning and took the hotel shuttle to the hotel with the hope that they would hold my luggage until normal check-in time. However, they gave me a room and provided me with access to their very nice continental breakfast.

My suite was clean, nicely appointed, roomy and just all around pleasant to be in. The bed was fantastic. I started to wish I had brought my wife with me so she could enjoy the room and hotel while I was in the city doing business.

As stated earlier, the breakfast was very nice. It offers a nice selection of fruit, cold cereal, Starbucks coffee while eating and cups to take coffeee along, juices, yogurt, plenty of soft drinks to take along, begals, and hot tiny egg/meat sandwiches. I left breakfast not wanting anything else to eat.

Sticking with the eating theme, I also ate dinner at the hotel, the bar specifically. I had a great chicken breast dish with fresh steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. The service was pleasant, accurate and quick. The prices were very reasonable.

The shuttle to/from the hotel was good. The drivers were all very pleasant and efficient. I used the shuttle to get to the airport so I could take the Blue Line CTA into the city. My only complaint is that they shuttle only runs every 30 minutes, which can make the trip into the city 1.5 hours or longer in total.

The price of the hotel were in line with establishments of similar quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Sometimes the best decisions are made by mistake! We're glad to hear that your staying here turned out to be a very pleasant mistake. We hope that because of your great experience staying with us that you'll continue to come back again and again!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Travelling with family of 4 we needed a hotel close-by O'Hare. With free shuttle pick up and huge family room it was a perfect overnight stop. Rooms had 2 x queen beds plus separate lounge area. Great value at less than £100 a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We're glad that our spacious and newly renovated two room suites worked well for you and your family. Please contact us the next time you're coming to Chicago as we would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Got stuck in Chicago due to Hurricane Sandy on the way from Nepal to Boston. Great steak next door at Harry Cary's. very comfortAble bed. I think we paid $199 for the suite. Would recommend this site if your stuck in Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2012

We're so glad that you were able to find some comfort here during the recent inclement weather out east. We hope that your entire stay here went well and we look forward to seeing you back here whenever your travels bring you back to Chicago!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just returned from Flawless 2 night stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful from the reception desk to the baggage assistant. The bedroom/living room layout was spacious and attractive. I was worried the airport proximity would be a problem because I am a light sleeper, but this was probably the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at. Thick room darkening shades were a plus too.
Someone bringing children would have plenty of space if they turned the sofa bed into a bed.
Internet access worked fine in the room and lobby. We only used the lobby briefly, but a large group could gather comfortably there. Safe, easy to navigate area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

We're thrilled to hear that your recent stay with us went so well! We always enjoy hearing from our guests and we appreciate your generous feedback. Great service and memorable guest experiences are what we strive to achieve with all of our guests day in and day out. We hope that we accomplished this goal with you and that you'll continue to come back to our hotel during all of your trips to Chicago. Thank you again and take care!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is an older Sheraton that is located as close to O'Hare as any hotel other than the on-airport facilities. The rooms are sized well--if you're a suites person, the front room has a nice desk and sofa, the bedroom is fine, both with nice flat screen TV's. My room was quiet and comfortable.

The rooms open into the interior atrium of the building. A very 80's-feeling layout.

While I was there, quite a bit of construction was going on. I never heard any noise, but the exercise facility was out of order (front desk offered passes to a health club down the street) as was one of the elevators.

The business rate I used was a good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for writing a nice review about our hotel. Please note that we did complete our full hotel renovation earlier this summer and the entire hotel has been updated. We would encourage you to return to our property in the future so that you may see for yourself how much things have changed here at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. We hope to see you on your next trip to Chicago and take care.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Lovely room and fantastic bed and pillows. We were VERY impressed with the quietness of the room given planes coming in and out all night long. We were there for two nights and enjoyed them both very much. The ambiance of the lobby is nothing to write home about ....looks like a "Courtyard Inn and Suites", but once you're up in your room, no problems.

Room Tip: 521 - great corner room