Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel
$158
Doubletree.com
$177
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$134
$198
$170
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskliving roomthe club loungeo'hare airportsitting arealarge roomfree shuttlebed was comfortablebusiness meetingthe shuttle driverstayed here for one nightvery nice hotelfitness centeran early flighto harechicagoparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had to stay here for a conference and didn't get to vote. Why are you? This airport is a converted Embassy or other Suite hotel so if 2 rooms is essential then that is the only reason I can think of. The location is middle of warehouses by a highway McDonalds and plenty of industrial and airport traffic. If you need to stay near the airport for an early morning flight there is a Westin, Hyatt, Intercon all reasonably prices over on North River Rd. with good restaurants and a nicer area and the same distance. Secondly the food is atrocious regardless of the restaurant, the lounge or the catering. Had spaghetti which came in a lump, mozzerella which honestly tasted like ToFu. How is that possible? Bruschetta in the lounge that was just diced tomatoes and other ingredients which tasted of the toast. When I had some chicken it was obviously frozen and breaded and put in a steam line and even then it was so dry it was unbelievable. The club level in general is a waste the only advantagage is they charge $4 for cheap wine versus $8 in the restaurant. The room bed is just OK the pillows are fair. The bathroom had no tub. This is just a C-C+ hotel and there are a ton of B+ to A hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the intercon it is very nice same price and great food
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jimnick
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one at our hotel. We are a good mile closer to the airport than some of our competitive hotels that you speak of and we have renovated our product this year while many of our other competitor hotels have not. I am not sure where you ate but it sounds like a different restaurant as we do not serve spaghetti in our on property restaurant; Myrick's. Given the benefits of club level including internet, breakfast, and upgraded in-room amenities, we pride ourselves on service first and foremost, as that is what you pay for and that is what true hospitality is all about. That is why you stay here and keep coming back. We hope that in the future you'll be willing to give our hotel another try.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this beautiful hotel. Conveniently located near the airport. I booked through priceline and stayed in a suite. The room was very spacious and comfy. I had a fridge and other amenities. The front desk staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at our newly renovated hotel! If there is anything else that we can do to make your stay even more comfortable and enjoyable the next time you're here, please let us know.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Recently, my wife and I Stayed one night at the Sheraton O'Hare.

Some of the problems we encountered were as follows –

• I paid for an upgrade to Club level – the Club room was unkempt, no one there at all, there were a few old vegetable sticks sitting around. I asked at the front desk and was told that they were short staffed and didn’t have anyone to care for room. I still paid for the Club level, however.

• I was told that by paying for an upgrade to the Club level the price included complementary Internet. This was wrong and in fact I was billed double for the Internet. It was finally fixed, but only after an argument and it shouldn’t have happened at all.

• The room was in poor condition. This is a newly remodeled hotel, yet they used things like broken doors in the rooms. Every interior door in the room had broken pieces, some of which had been poorly patched and some which were not patched. The room was also not clean and we found things like M&M’s scattered on the floor in front of the couch.

• When I purchased the upgrade to the Club level I was assured that the Club upgrade included a full breakfast, not just a continental breakfast. They didn’t even have a continental breakfast. After complaining, I finally got coupons for the restaurant, but restaurant was very dirty.

• The room televisions didn’t work. They had been having problems with sections of the hotel televisions going out and our room was one of them. Evidently this had been going on for several weeks, but was not fixed yet.

• During the complementary shuttle to the hotel the driver never spoke a word. My wife and I were the only two people on the shuttle, but he still wouldn’t speak of help with the luggage. On the trip back to the airport the next day, I spoke to that driver. He knew immediately who it was without me telling him and he said that the guy won’t speak to employees either and they don’t like to be around him because of his attitude.

• The front desk kept giving out wrong and contradictory information. At one point when I asked a question, two employees started arguing with each other about what time breakfast was served.

• There were wrong extra charges on the room that I had to fight.

Before booking the hotel I was concerned because there were a lot of bad reviews on Tripadvisor. I also noticed that the hotel had been supposedly recently remodeled. I called the hotel prior to booking and spoke to reservations at the hotel to find out what really happened. The person told me that there were problems in the past, but that the entire hotel had been beautifully remodeled and that everything was perfect now. I can assure you that the problems are not finished and that there are major quality problems with the remodel. Additionally, service is pathetic as is cleanliness.

Room Tip: Run away. This hotel has major problems and the remodel was poorly done.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CEHMaryland

I don’t even know what to say other than I am truly sorry. We pride ourselves on our service and that is what has our regulars coming back. Our housekeeping department was just named #1 for brand performance in all of Sheraton and we are extremely proud of that and to have them. Please give us another chance and I personally promise to give you the experience you deserved the first time.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for about 3 nights at the start of a driving tour down Route 66. The shuttle from the airport worked well. We also used it to get to the CTA downtown. The room was spacious and clean. We could watch the planes land at the rate of 1 per minute in the morning but could not hear them. We had some minor issues: we specifically asked if breakfast was included in our package and were told that it was not. When our tour leader arrived 2 days later, he confirmed that it was. They made up by giving us comlimentary wifi from then on. Which is my second issue - why do hotels like this still charge for wifi when it is complimentary in smaller hotels and even Starbucks and Macdonalds? Overall, a good place to stay if you are at the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for your very thorough and thoughtful review on our property! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you'll come back to visit again soon. We do apologize about the miscommunication involving your breakfast package but it is good to hear that our staff at the front desk rectified the situation and made sure that you were satisfied. If you have any other suggestions on how we can further enhance your experience the next time you stay with us please do not hesitate to reach out to someone at the hotel directly and let us know. We can only hope to further improve our product and service because of feedback from our guest's like you! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and take care.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Perfect location - close to highways, and shopping (Target) and restaurants (Ihop, etc)
I see many of the planes take-off and land, but don't even hear the noise!

Beddings are extremely clean and well maintained - very spacious rooms since they are suites

I highly recommend this location - free parking (40 yards away) - but pay parking if right on hotel lot.

Room Tip: High floors are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon K, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We're glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated property and it's also good to hear that our sound proof windows are doing their job! When you're hotel is so close to the airport you definitely need to make sure that airplane noise does not affect your guests. Be sure to visit our all new executive club lounge the next time you stay with us and enjoy the great breakfast and evening appetizers that our culinary team puts together on a daily basis!