“AWESOME hotel!”
Review of Hyatt Rosemont

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I stayed here April 2007 for a conference for work. Mind you, I've never stayed at a Hyatt before, and had a lot of expectations.
I was booked in a non smoking room at first, but called a couple days before to see if I could get it changed. Unfortunately, they didn't have any, so I was a little disappointed, but would deal.
Come to find when I went to check in, they knew I was requesting a smoking room and had one available when I checked in! (having a smoking room is a big plus for me!)

The room was bigger then expected, I had a King size bed, a fridge and microwave, a desk, as well as an arm chair with an ottoman. The kicker was when I walked into the room and saw the IPOD docking station they had! I've been in many hotel rooms, and none have ever had an IPOD player, so that was a HUGE plus for me.

There were some portico products in the bathroom, and a bath mat to put down if you like, but the shower had this nasty stain dripping from the side.. I wasn't sure what it was, but I let the water run for a while and it was gone.

I had dinner twice at the bar downstairs, and the food was AWESOME, BUT I don't know if the filet mignon was too rare, but by the end of the night it "came up"... in the toilet. Other then that, the food was great!

The only issue I had was the shuttle. The driver I met at the airport was a little rude, and didn't believe I was staying at the Hyatt Rosement, he had it set in his mind I was at the Hyatt Regency (I guess the 2 get confused a lot.) Anyway, he wanted me to show him PROOF that I was at the Hyatt Rosemont and NOT the Hyatt Regency. Luckily I had my confirmation, but what if I didn't?

Overall this place was wonderful, the staff was very friendly, nice and helpful! Even the cabbies were nice. I would stay here anytime I come back to Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank P_GIZZY
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Rosemont

Reviewed February 19, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt because I had an early morning flight and we got a solid deal on Priceline. $80 including tax. (I bid $60) Got a very nice but probably one of the smaller rooms (in one of the towers), but for the price, I am not in a position to complain.

Attractively decorated, comfortable bed, nice shower, but we arrived late at night and left early in the morning so I can't say we experienced all the perks of the hotel.

They are doing some serious remodeling in the lobby area.

For that price, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Holakjs
Reviewed February 18, 2007

This is our favorite O'Hare area hotel--our room was very quiet, the fitness center was awesome, and not a soul in it. Nice amenities, staff, etc. And to top it off, free parking. Best kept secret in Chicago-almost hate to let it out, but I guess it is only fair :)

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wi_light_sleepers
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Typical Hyatt airport hotel. Typical amenities, which is fine. Room was fine, restaurant, etc, OK

However, service was terrible. I do not understand how I had such a different experience than the last person to write a review, but I was given the wrong room type, a wakeup call at 5am I did NOT request, High speed internet that didnt work and a front office clerk named Jonathon that was perhaps one of the most, initially, arrogant hotel people I have run across.

There are way too many other ORD area hotels to stay at and I would avoid this one

• Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank nicebizguy
Reviewed January 5, 2007

The staff here is mazing I spoke with the manager about an upgrade how we were honeymooners and he couldn't but sent up a fruit, cheese, and a bottle of wine package for FREE.

The shuttle was efficent and quick did not have to wait or anything and they provide free water bottles as well!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Stayed one night before an early morning flight. Shuttle from the airport was nice and fairly quick.

Staff was very friendly at check in and our request for a smoking room was granted no problem, although she told us they only have 6 smoking rooms. Reserved through Hotwire and got a very good rate. . When we walked up to the desk, we let them know there was an elderly lady on our shuttle and one of the staff immediately went out to see if she needed a wheelchair. Very helpful!

We had a room on the 4th floor. It was large, tastefully decorated and very clean. So clean in fact the carpet was still very wet where they had cleaned it that day. There was no smokey smell in the hall or in the room. Room was large with a king "Grand" bed full of pillows. One of the best beds I have slept in and the pillows were heavenly. Very nice and very comfy! Nice easy chair, and 2 nice comfy chairs at the desk and plenty of storage were in the room. Coffee pot with single serving coffee packets. Took me a minute to figure the coffee maker out. It used "go" cups like the coffee shops use instead of a pot and you just put your cup in instead of a pot. Good idea for taking the coffee with you. Nice touch for an early ride to the airport.

Bath was large and clean and had various Portico products.

Overall a very nice place to stay for a night but not near any restaurants or shopping in walking distance that we could see. It was raining , however so we did not venture out. We ordered delivery pizza for which the desk gave us a menu and a discount coupon. They do have a cafe and lounge and a separate area to get things to go such as cokes, desserts, sandwiches etc.

The only thing I was disappointed in was they did not seem to care when I stopped at the desk and mentioned the wet carpet. It was very wet. Discovered that it was wet when I took my shoes off and my socks were instantly soaked (and cold)!! We even had to make sure our suitcase were up off the floor to keep them dry. No offer to move to another room. They just said they knew and that people were also complaining about the strong "clean" smell. (It was quite overwheIming) I think that all the rooms may have had the same problem though because even the hallways looked wet. Still was very nice overall and would stay there again especially for the price. Had I paid the regular rate I would have pushed for a different room or an adjustment of the price because of the carpet. The staff was very friendly and helpful otherwise.

FYI ...the shuttle driver said the other Hyatt, The Hyatt Regency I believe, that shares the shuttle would be closed until February so we did not have a problem with the shuttle being full as others mentioned. We did have to wait about 20 minutes the next morning to get back to O'hare. They said it ran every 30 minutes.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My partner and I recently spent 3 nights at the Hyatt Rosemont December 17-20, 2006 while in the area on business. From the “sleek & chic” entryway and lobby to the plushly-decorated (and GREAT SMELLING – made me wonder if they were pumping in a “signature scent” through the ventilation system) rooms, I’d readily recommend this property to anyone staying in the Chicago or north suburban area.

The quality of the guest rooms is right on par with upscale $350+ night boutique properties in which we’ve stayed, with richly-patterned and heavyweight window treatments, easy chair upholstery, luxurious linens, marble bathroom finishings, and overall room “ambiance”. This isn’t your average Hyatt. Despite the close proximity to O’Hare airport – one of the busiest in the U.S. – I heard not one jetliner flying overhead. After lights out, all was dark, quiet, and peaceful in the room. Save for the fact that the voluminous pillow-topping on the mattress made the bed softer than I prefer (but it was a wonderful, enveloping feeling), I would have slept like a dream.

The on-site exercise facility – which I enjoyed each morning of my stay – was actually of very good quality, with multiple cardio machines, lots of free weights, exercise balls and bands, and more. Other die-hard exercisers were using the facilities with me, and it was certainly a well-appreciated amenity.

Although I did not eat in the on-site restaurant, I did enjoy room service breakfasts (very tasty, all) as well as the walk-up counter from which you can purchase a wide variety of high-quality snacks and even order “meals to go”, which I found was very handy.

All of the staff I encountered, from the front desk to room service to housekeeping, were all incredibly friendly, courteous, and well adjusted and seemed intend on making the stay of each guest pleasant and productive. Despite the suburban location, cabs wait at the ready right outside the front door to take you to your destination. If you’ve access to a car, “park & ride” METRA commuter train stations are located nearby in both Rosemont and Park Ridge, where you can hop on and be in downtown Chicago in less than 30 minutes.

I highly recommend the Hyatt Rosemont!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business