WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed there because it is close to the airport. It is a little bit isolated and if you do not have a car there is not much to do. The room was very good and clean. The restaurant of the hotel has good food and I think the prices are fine. The staff is very good. The hotel price was very reasonable for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We usually stay on the Mag Mile, but due to the time of year (July), those hotels were just too high priced so we opted to stay in Rosemont. I chose the Hyatt because they had a great price if you locked in and waived cancellation. The room was nicely appointed, the beds were very comfortable, and most importantly for me, quiet. The "El" was withing walking distance, so it was easy to take the train into Chicago, although that took almost an hour. If you're not a walker, you could easily take the Rivers Casino shuttle and just walk across the street. If you don't feel like taking the train, you can eat at Giordani's, also within walking distance. My only complaint about this hotel is that they gouge you for all of the little things. A bottle of water in the room (that they probably paid less than 10 cents for) sells for $4.00. If you want water, just go to the McDonalds around the corner -- they charge $1.00 for a bottle of Dasani. Or, you can go to the market in the gas station. The charge that really upset me though was the $9.99 for 24 hours of internet. Really? With so much competition and so many hotels offering free wi-fi, it didn't even dawn on me to check that. Well, since I need to keep on top of my work email, I paid it. The second day I signed on with my phone in the room to look up directions. When I came back at night I needed to pay the $9.99 again, even though I'd paid it that same morning. When I called the desk they told me it was $9.99 PER DEVICE! I said that was ridiculous and asked to speak to the Manager. I was put on hold, and then the desk person came back on line to say they would comp the charges. Still, it's these little things that make or break a hotel for me so I don't think I'll be staying here again, as much as I was happy with the room and location.

Room Tip: Try to negotiate free wi-fi or have your room rate lowered by the wi-fi rate ($9.99 per 24 hours as...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna_B51
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My recent visit went very well. This hotel is well appointed and maintained. Staff was a bit reluctant to allow shuttle to drop me at nearby hotel and gave weak excuses. Ultimately, they comped a taxi ride. If only they'd skipped the illogical reasons (shuttle can not go any place but airport, 3 minute drive to nearby spot is too far, etc.) and not forced me to threaten formal complaint, I'd be happier. I needed a ride because of transporting baggage..oh well

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just completed my first of three nights at the hotel. Checked in online, just grabbed keys from front desk. No problem there. Nice service. Room is one of the odd shaped rooms on the end, but no problem. Everything is clean. Has a great chair with a side table that is perfect for lounging and getting work done. You can hear the planes, but they went above and provided earplugs and a noise machine. I slept to raindrops all night and didn't notice the planes. Wifi is good and free with my conference reg fee. This is a good hotel for singles/work.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, amenities and services provided at the hotel. I hope that we can welcome you back on a future visit to the area.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Airport shuttle was excellent! Being across the street from Rivers Casino, excellent. Breakfast buffet was ok but overpriced...having it in the walkway was weird. Check in was easy, rooms are nice. Sign age for entrance and parking could be better but you can figure it out...

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Krzysztof O
Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed (unexpectedly) for one night, in May 2014, for business. In May, when the improperly-filed U"" flight plan grounded most flights in southern California (thanks, Defense Department.... you should have paid the bill!), I arrived too late at Chicago-O'Hare to make the connection, as was left homeless! The Hilton on-site was fill, so I called around. Many others were in a similar predicament. The staff at the Hyatt Rosemont were very helpful. Not just the lady at reception, but also the gentleman driving the courtesy bus that ran between the hotel and the airport. He was happy to communicate our requests from the bus pick-up point tot he hotel, by radio, which was rather nice, when one was tried after a long delay and a missed flight! The courtesy bus staff handed out free water on boarding, which was also a nice touch.

Upon arrival (without luggage) the reception provided a (free) concierge pack, with razor, shaving foam, et cetera, which was also very nice. Everything was simple and hassle-free, and the staff were very nice. The room was clean and well-equipped, and the bed comfortable. I have no complaints.

The breakfast was extensive, and the portions huge. And the courtesy bus back tot he airport regular and quick, with nice staff.

I can fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I arrived Saturday and upon inspection of the room (which was around 9pm) i started noticing simple, dirty aspects to the room. The pictures below show the majority of the issues.

I went down to the night manager to let him know the issues, to which he jotted down notes. Further, the next morning, I went down to the front desk to mention the issues again. One of the workers stated that "just last week they started renovating the hotel rooms but didn't get to mine". In any case I would have hoped that the issues at least the easy cleaning ones, would get fixed that day while I was out.

Unfortunately no. I returned and only the basic cleaning from the housekeeper was done. The vent still remained disgusting and under the sing was still gross. By my last night, still nothing as complete so I ventured back down and talked to the night manager who said that nothing had been marked on my room as "needing attention". WHAT? Where is the communication? Not to mention the front desk manager as well as the general manager worked Monday, yet no one reached out to me.

Now, 2 days after checkout, I still have yet to hear from the general manager. Hyatt has said that they would give me points to give me a new room, but unfortunately with my infrequency of need for a hotel i'm not sure that I would use the points before they expire.

After receiving a wildly positive "you should stay at Hyatt" from my best friend, I am not going to be staying with the brand any time soon. The lack of communication, the dirty state of the room, and their inability to fix the problem have turned me off to the brand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank DDT120
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Greetings DDT120,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review on your recent stay at the Hyatt Rosemont Near O'Hare. I am so sorry to hear about the condition of your guest room and our hotel during your visit for that matter. We were undergoing renovation and I am happy to relate that these renovations are completed and we would love to have you back. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping management to ensure our hotel is staying to Hyatt standards and cleanliness.

Warm regards,