“Great hotel, friendly staff, but they left us out in the cold.”
Review of Hyatt Rosemont

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt during the extreme cold in early January. After being stuck for several days, we asked the shuttle driver if he would drop us off at Giordano's on his way to the airport, which he did. When we called for a ride back to the hotel, the front desk staff refused told us they don't do courtesy rides/pick-ups and that we had to walk the 1/2 mile back in -46 wind chill. Although I understand they don't do courtesy rides to local restaurants, it would have been nice had they told us that up front and, furthermore, shown some regard for our well-being and agreed to make an exception due to the weather. We felt very unappreciated as customers that afternoon.

The Hyatt Rosemont is, otherwise, an excellent hotel. The staff is friendly and eager to help. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. My only disappointment was being told to walk back in such frigid temperatures.

Room Tip: Every room has been outstanding.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jeff439

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is about 1 hour (by train) from the center of Chicago, I believe people only stay in Rosemont for business purpose, that was our case. The room was huge and the bed was very good. I was able to study and work at the desk in the room for hours, it was big and the chair was comfortable. Breakfast was not included but the prices were reasonable. The restaurant had very good options all day long. Staff was helpful.

Room Tip: I believe they're all very good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maira C
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Good Evening Maira C,

Thank you for going out of your way to share your feedback from the Hyatt Rosemont Near O'Hare. I am so happy to hear you found our rooms to be most accommodating for your business travel and we cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Rosemont.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We continue to have good success with this hotel. Price is good, parking is good and shuttle to the airport is good. Restaurant and bar is good and the staff is friendly. I do agree the Wi-Fi should be free. Check in was fast and easy and rooms were nice and especially clean once again. Thank you Hyatt we will visit you very soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and two other strangers (who became our friends!) landed at this hotel after being stranded by the Dallas Ice Storm of December 5, 2013. We got a great room, had a great dinner with our two new friends in the hotel restaurant. The front desk staff all were very composed and genuinely friendly despite the surge of frustrated travelers unhappily spending the night in Chicago instead of going on to Dallas. We were very pleased with all aspects of this property and the people proudly working there. The shuttle driver was especially friendly and quite a happy chap! Nice to encounter people who perform at such high levels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I’m so glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to stay when your flight was grounded by the storm. It is great to hear that the front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and had an excellent dining experience in the hotel restaurant with your new friends. I hope we can welcome you back to Hyatt again soon.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My company sent me to this hotel, on a 4 night trip. For the price of this hotel, the only thing nice about it is the aesthetics of the lobby (that no one spends time in) and the bed is comfortable.... Other than that, the stay at this hotel is absolutely ridiculous. I worked at Marriott for a year before taking a new job; this is the only hotel I have ever been to in the United States that does not include free WiFi. It is $10 a day, no free breakfast (and the breakfast that they do offer is outrageously expensive), no pool, no spa, basically no restaurants, no bars, no shops, and the shuttle won't take you anywhere except for the airport. Basically if you come here without a car, you will have absolutely nothing to do except for sit in your room and watch the 30 provided channels... not to mention, the staff was cold and stand offish.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank opalMlavon
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Arriving at ORD and needing to get to a airport hotel is never a great experience at the best of times (frankly, I'm surprised the hotel operators of Illinois don't band together and force the airport to do something about the idiocy of making everyone traipse across the airport, through tunnels and up and down tiny lifts, to meet the buses in one place.)

It's always going to be an uphill struggle for a hotel to delight their guests, and... well, the Hyatt didn't really even try.

After waiting something like 40 minutes, the bus eventually turned up. Parked in the middle of the road; no attempt to help us with our bags (we were en route home after a two week trip; we had a lot of bags) which we had to struggle across one carriageway.

Got to the hotel; here, too, the driver parked some distance from the kerb, dumping the bags in the road.

Was there a trolley? There was no sign of anyone at all to help with the bags; eventually we found a trolley hidden away behind an unstaffed desk and did it ourselves.

The automatic log-in machine didn't work.

The manager explained that they only ran a shuttle every thirty minutes; when we asked if that was really frequent enough for an airport hotel he suggested that the hotel wasn't really large enough to justify a more frequent service - the implication being that the hotel was run to the convenience of the management, not the guests. He offered to send our comments "to corporate", which is a polite way of saying "I don't intend to do anything at all".

"Most of our guests are repeat visitors, so they know what to expect" was also offered as an excuse for the irregular service. I take that to mean that most of their guests are booked there by their companies, and so have no choice but to take it.

The room was fair enough - it was pretty comfy; probably not quite the sort of standard you'd expect of a Hyatt; should probably be a brand level or two down but it would do.

Oddly, despite being a double room, there was only one single coffee sachet - so if you do stay as a couple, do decide in advance if you want coffee before bed or in the morning, and which of you gets to sip first.

Oh, and wi-fi: there's some sort of bizarre limit to the number of devices you can log into the wi-fi. It's free but feels grudging.

There is one saving grace of this hotel: The staff at the Tracks restaurant are absolutely brilliant; they let us order something off-menu despite being quite late in their schedule; they were friendly; couldn't do enough for us. They should be given the whole place to run - they had a better sense of service than anyone else we met in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Rosemont in August for a convention. I was less than impressed on the Shuttle Service I was told it would be 5 minutes he eventually turned up over 30 after my call. Front staff always seemed to be bothered when I asked a question. Not outwardly rude, just their responses seemed less than helpful. On the other hand the maid service and workers were AWESOME at least the person who cleaned my room.
My room was clean and comfortable., but the decor was out of the 1980s feel. There was no electrical outlets next to the bed, which is not helpful. If you are staying a short time or a one night layover, not a bad choice, but for some reason I expected more from a Hyatt. Nothing memorable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business