“Decent stay. No frills.”
Review of Hyatt Rosemont

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Friendly front desk upon check in and very fast. The hotel's public spaces and rooms were clean and attractive. Parking was free. $9.95 per day for internet. Nothing wrong about it, nothing too special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Rosemont

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Make a note: There are two Hyatt hotels in Rosemont! When I made my reservation by phone, I told them I wanted the Hyatt near the Convention Center in Rosemont. Unfortunately, the Hyatt hat is closest to the convention center is actually called the Hyatt O'Hare. It is literally connected to the convention center! This Hyatt is called the Hyatt "Near the Convention Center". So be careful when making your reservation! Fortunately, Hyatt fixed this for me, but I still spent one night at this hotel before moving to the correct one.
As far as this Hyatt, the hotel is newer, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. While this hotel is branded as a Hyatt, the hotel itself feels more like a Hampton Inn or similar. Not what I would expect of a Hyatt. Price was high (maybe not too high for the area) for the type of hotel. In fact, my room at the Hyatt O'Hare was actually less expensive!
That being said, if convenience to the convention center was not my priority, I would consider staying at this hotel. Assuming it was the best price for the type of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ducvw2004
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Attempted to stay at this hotel through the pink slip option at O'hare when your flight is cancelled. When I attempted to get on the shuttle bus with the driver, after making my phone reservation, he was rude from the get go. Seemed he only wanted customers who paid fully versus the discounted price through the airline. Even though I had a confirmation number, he still refused me. After a long couple days of travel and canceled flights, his poor attitude was the last thing I needed.

Ended up staying at the Doubletree Rosemont for the same price. It was clean and comfortable and the shuttle driver was friendly.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear deflep22:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent experience with our shuttle driver. Please note, this is not typical of the Hyatt experience we want our guests to have while being our guest. Your feedback will be beneficial with helping our Management coach the shuttle driver on how to respect our paying customers.

We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at a Hyatt again. We would like a second chance to host you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My company messed up my room reservation. The beautiful Rawon at the front desk took care of the problem with a great attitude. While I was waiting, I went to the restaurant and had a excellent dinner. When she resolved the problem, she brought me my room key at my table in the restaurant. What excellent customer service. Room is very nice after a long day of flying.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. It's great to hear Rawon was able to correct your reservation quickly. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to her. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My flight to NYC was cancelled out of O'Hare. Was rebooked for a 6am departure the next day and didn't feel like going back home to the suburbs and having to get up extra early to come right back to the airport. Shuttle drivers to and from airport were pleasant. Very convenient to have a shuttle available at 4am for trip to airport. Only stayed one night, but hotel served my needs - quiet and clean room. Rivers Casino is across the street. Would recommend this facility.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is fine overall, but not at the class one might expect for a Hyatt property. The shuttle service from O'Hare is convenient. The rooms are a comfortable size and furnished at mid-range. Bed was okay. The front staff is hit or miss. Friendly and efficient service from one member and "apathetic, why are you bothering me" service from a younger staffer. Had lunch at the restaurant, which again can be best described as average with an uninspired wait staff.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was so surprised when our shuttle driver welcomed us onboard when we were picked up @ the airport. He not only greeted us, but told us about the hotel, the train and surrounding areas. This was all done without anyone asking. I've never had that happen before. Check in was a breeze and the front desk people were attentive and helpful. The room was spotless, very comfortable and quiet. The only downside is no free internet; even at the business center. You can print your boarding pass though @ a kiosk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're thrilled to hear our shuttle driver went above and beyond your expectations. We will be sure to pass on your compliments. It's great to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate