All reviewsfree parkingrivers casinoroom was cleannice hotelriver roadcovered parkingclose to the airporto'hare airportfront desk staffshuttle servicebusiness tripshuttle buso harean early morning flightnice staymeeting roomstayed one night
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I reviewed this hotel in December when my flight was cancelled for weather. This weekend, I stayed there again after United cancelled my flight due to lack of a pilot. I thought I'd submit a new review as there have been two important changes: (1) The place was MUCH cleaner than when I stayed there before. (2) They flubbed up my wake-up call. I don't take a lot of time to get ready in the mornings, plus, since I was stranded. I didn't have all my makeup, etc with me to take time with anyway. Plus, I was exhausted from United keeping us up until 11 (midnight my time) to tell us our 7:30 flight had finally been cancelled. So, when I asked the concierge what time I would need to take the complimentary shuttle back to O'Hare for my flight & she said 6 (turns out I could have taken it at 6:30 & been just fine!), I asked for a 5:30 wakeup call. She argued that wouldn't give me enough time to get ready & I said, no, I'd be fine. Lo and behold, next morning my d-a-m-n phone rings at 5. I was seriously pissed. And of course, I made it on time for the 5:30 shuttle because it only took me a 1/2 hour to get ready. But it pissed me off that she argued about it & ran the wake-up call for what she wanted to anyway. For business travelers frequently on the rod, you know that extra half-hour can mean everything. Next time I am stranded at O'Hare, I will just pay for my own room at the Hilton rather than stay here because of this.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
jeremy s, General Manager at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to detail out your most recent experience here at the Hyatt Rosemont. I am glad to hear that we have improved in some area's from your last visit. I sincerely apologize for wake up call error. I will follow up with the front desk manager about this situation so that it is corrected.

Thank you again for your response.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Overall good -- but it's a small surburban hotel (no 24 hour room service for example..) Very polite, hardworking staff. Slow elevators.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed there for 5 days during convention in Chicago but all hotels in Chicago were soldout. Nice quiet location. I took a taxi everyday to the convention and it is still cheaper than to stay in the downtown hotels. Shuttle from O'Hare to hotel can be erratic as priority is given to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare at Rosemont which is a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was clean and met my needs for the business trip. The pillows were very comfortable. The free parking was a plus and there was a free shuttle to O'Hare (I did not use, but will upon a return stay). There was a nice restaurant, cafe, and bar on site, which were nice to have there. The only downside was that the wake-up call came earlier than scheduled and the follow-up wake-up call came later than scheduled, but it did get me out of bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be friendly and attentive. Having a great staff can make all the difference. Our convenient location to O’Hare makes it that much easier for guest to catch a flight. We offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Planned a Fourth of July weekend trip to Chicago with my boyfriend and a friend. To keep costs down we decided to stay at the Hyatt Rosemont, which is near O'Hare Airport. Overall, this hotel did not impress me as a Hyatt. When travelling, I try to stay at Hyatt locations to build up points. This one felt old and worn out. But most of all, the service was not what I have come to expect from Hyatt hotels in general.

First the positives -
1. Accessiblity vs cost of downtown Chicago hotels
This hotel is significantly cheaper than any I found in downtown Chicago. So, If you have a rental car (or want to walk the 0.75 miles), the Park & Ride for the CTA blue line train is very convenient to the Hyatt Rosemont. This makes travel in and out of downtown Chicago quite easy (~25 min train ride). If you are pressed for time, spending the extra money to be in downtown might be a better option.
2. Free parking
Wonderful. Never full. The parking is even covered.

The So-So -
Free airport shuttle to/from O'Hare Airport
This seems like a great deal, but we ran into some issues. The shuttle is supposed to run every 30 mins, 24-hrs a day, according to the website. My boyfriend and I arrived around 8pm and had to wait an hour for a shuttle to arrive. Slightly irritating, but not the end of the world. Our friend, on the otherhand, arrived at 11:40pm. He attempted to call the front desk at the hotel when he arrived curbside just to make sure the shuttle was running. The front desk did not pick up. He proceeded to call the front desk for the next 1.5 hours without ever getting someone to pick up AND the shuttle never came by. Ended up grabbing a taxi which costs $17, not $10 as posted on the website. The taxi cost isn't Hyatt's fault...just a general FYI.
On our return trip to the airport we called a taxi service which was a flat rate $17 for all of us. Took no time at all and wasn't pricey considereing there were 3 of us.

The Not Good -
1. The Front Desk and Restaurant Service
In general, I found the night front desk person during check-in to be unhelpful and it kind of sucked the life out of me to talk with him. Might have been an off day, but for all of the Hyatt's I have been to this is the only one that left me not wanting to return. Restaurant service was okay, but again, it just seemed like no one wanted to be there. Very different atmosphere than other Hyatt hotels.
2. Hotel noise
Room to room, water pipe, and hallway noise seemed to be louder than you would expect at a Hyatt. Remided me of a budget motel atmosphere, with fancy lobby furniture.

I would not return to this hotel should my travel bring me back to Chicago (and I hope it does!).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank catarra
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Dear catarra,

We thank you for taking the time to bring these details to our attention. I apologize that your party member was not able to get in contact with our hotel. This is not the level of service that we strive for at Hyatt. We understand the need to get in contact with someone as quickly as possible, especially when transportation is involved.

We will be speaking with our front desk to ensure we always deliver excellent service. Thank you for your feedback.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate