$176
$161
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$144
$130
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$159
$143
  • Room Service
$180
$158
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$165
$101
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$169
$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree parkingrivers casinoroom was cleannice hotelriver roadcovered parkingclose to the airporto'hare airportfront desk staffshuttle servicepark sleep flybusiness tripshuttle buso harean early morning flightnice staymeeting room
Reviewed July 5, 2011

There is a lot to like about the Hyatt Rosemont. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. Parking is free. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant is very good.

I almost feel guilty about my few complaints, but here goes. I'm at the Diamond level in the Hyatt Gold Passport program. One of the perks is free breakfast. Sometimes that comes as access to a Regency Club (although the Hyatt Rosemont does not have a Regency Club). In all Hyatts around the world where I've stayed, they provide breakfast for at least two people. However, the Hyatt Rosemont only provides breakfast for one person. Kinda picky, but this seems really cheap on their part.

The wireless Internet service is the other complaint. They provide you with an access code that is good for 30 days even if you are simply staying overnight. The problem is that the code will only work with one IP address. So, you can't use the same code for your mobile phone, your tablet (such as an iPad), and your laptop. You have to choose one. Many other Hyatts get around this by providing a roaming code to use around the property. Not the Hyatt Rosemont. (Suggestion - state the "one IP address" limitation on the sheet of paper with the access code.)

Now on to a few more good points. The bathrooms have some of the best lighting I've encountered in a hotel bathroom. The fixture placement and the brightness of the bulbs result in very good lighting. Shower was strong and maintained a hot temparature throughout.

The beds are comfortable as are all Hyatts that use the Grand Hyatt bed. Flat panel TV (probably 42 inches) has hi-def service so the picture quality is quite good.

The Rivers Casino is scheduled to open in July 2011 and is located right across the street. We'll have to see what happens to occuapancy rates and prices since the casino does not appear to have a hotel of its own. This could be a good or bad thing for the Hyatt Rosemont. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the effect will be positive since I do enjoy staying at this hotel - minor quibbles aside.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bippie
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is our first time to Chicago and staying for 4 nights. Booked 2 rooms for the family requesting two beds per room. When we arrived, we were told there were not two beds and have to deal with one king bed per room. The front desk told us there were no guarantees but they can change our rooms for the next 3 nights to have two beds. As we were leaving the front desk, another guest was upset that they didn't get the 2 beds room as they have requetsed. We went to our rooms expecting the king size bed as they have told us. Nope. It was a queen. So we went back to the front desk and told them they were not king size bed. The manager informed us they are consider king size beds. He said we could get a roll bed for $25/night. We explained to him that we should not paid for the roll bed as they did not meet out requests. Finally they offered the roll bed with no charge.

The next day we moved to another rooms with the two beds. What I do not understand is when they know there are two people in one room, you would assume they will offer two sets of toiletries especially when the soap is a bar soap and not liquid. How unsanitary? For the 3 nights our toiletries were never replenished. You only get a new set only if you requested even if they are used up. Never heard of that in a hotel.

For the last two nights, my brother notices a few patches of rashes/bites on his arms. Not thinking of anything of it. When we got back home, all the 5 family members have have the same raches on the arms and legs. We thought it was mosquito bites but now is 3 days after we came back and it gotten worse. We all had to go to the urgent care and was told they are bug bed bites. All of use including a child are covered with bites. I can't believe thinking paying for a nice hotel, we get this kind of services and everyone coming back with bed bug bites. Really ruined our July 4th weekend and our trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EnjoyTravel390
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear EnjoyTravel390:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, in regards to your recent stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. We're very sorry that your experience at our property did not meet your expectations. Please keep in mind, your reservations booked through Priceline, were booked with a king size bed. Any specific requests are handled upon check in. I apologize the double beds you had requested were not available for all four nights of your stay. We work very hard to make sure our guests requests for specific room types, beds, location etc. are honored. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at a Hyatt property again, and we hope you'll give us a second chance.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I arrived at O'Hare at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday night. I had been told that I would need to call as the shuttle does not make regular trips that late. I went to the hotel shuttle waiting area and called the hotel many times over the next 45 minutes and never got anyone to pick up nor did a shuttle come. I finally gave up and took a taxi. When I arrived at the hotel I asked why they did not pick up. I was a little annoyed, but would have accepted a reasonable excuse like they were unusually busy or had phone issues or whatever. She apparently could not think of a good excuse so she just ignored my question.
I will not be staying at another Hyatt again. I would rather do business with a hotel where the staff can at least fake concern for the guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Dear Chicagotrip053:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience. We're sorry to hear the hotel was not able to provide the shuttle at your arrival. We have shared your review with the management of the hotel, to make sure this does not happen again. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at a Hyatt again, and we hope you'll give us a second chance. Please feel free to contact me any time.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I drove a motorcoach bus to this hotel for a group of travelers from Kansas City. When we checked in the desk people were not on top of their game. I wasn't even asked my name. I was for the duration of the stay "Bus, Hold". That was even how I would have connected to the internet, which I did not as it was not free ($10 for 24 hrs.). I will not pay for internet access at any hotel. The room was clean, had a refrigerator & microwave & very good pillows. Their valet drivers were not happy to share "their" space for me to load & unload handicapped passengers in front of the hotel. I was only there for 30 minutes at a time using a wheelchair lift on the bus for 6-10 people at a time. They yelled & waved their arms about like buffoons the first 2 days. By the third day, they seemed to be accepting of us being at their hotel, & I was asked what my name was by the desk clerks when I checked out. I was able to park the motorcoach bus in a nearby parking lot free of charge that was in a safe location. The taxi drivers, that were in & out of the hotel parking lot frequently, were very kind & worked well with me & the bus.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I booked a room at the Hyatt Rosemont approximately 3 months in advance and prepaid for late arrival. When I arrived, I was informed that they had "overbooked" the hotel so there was not a room for me -- but "not to worry" - they made arrangements for me to stay at the Best Western about 6 blocks away. They tried to tell me that the Best Western was of the same quality as the Hyatt (which it isn't) and they reassured me that they would pay for my night at the Best Western. When I pointed out the the cost of the Hyatt was much more than what I would of paid had I originally booked the Best Western, they went mute. I have never heard of "overbooking" in a hotel.

Thanks to hotels.com - they reimbursed me the amounyt I prepaid for my orginal reservation at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank msmarshon
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear msmarshon:

We're sorry to hear that we were not able to fulfill your reservation. We hope this experience does not deter you from joining us at the Hyatt Rosemont, and we hope you'll give us a chance to show you the full extent of our Hyatt hospitality. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss this further.