“Unreasonable & unaccomodating”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed February 21, 2011

For the 4 days we stayed at this hotel, their TV service was down for 3. The hotel chain is really a franchise, so the franchisor didn't entertain the thought of reducing the hotel charge or even moving us to a comparable hotel nearby. Ruined a few days we had planned to get away for. It's not fair, its not ethical. Shame on them.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2011

I guess can't always give 4-or 5- star reviews. The rooms are very nice and very comfortable. The food they provide with the vouchers is fine, but it would be helpful for it to be available a bit later since people on delayed flights are coming in late. They did offer toiletries for the stranded passengers, as do other area hotels.

The shuttle service is terrible. I waited 45-minutes and called the hotel who kept insisting the shuttle comes every 30-minutes. Since United kept sending people over from cancelled flights, there were 80-100 people waiting for a 20+ passenger shuttle. I called to alert the hotel to this fact, mistakenly thinking that might be helpful, but just got the line that the shuttle comes every 30 minutes, though it was not, and that no matter how many people were waiting it would only come once every thirty minutes. Meanwhile, the shuttles from the other airport hotels kept going by several times. To be fair, I'm pretty sure the shuttle did go right back to get more people when it finally showed up instead of waiting around.

This is a major, upscale airport area hotel. There's no excuse for this. It would have helped if the staff has at least seemed concerned or interested in trying to track down someone who could help. It's a nice property otherwise, but they really need to fix this. Even complimentary services need to be well-managed. When I stay in a hotel with an airport shuttle, I expect them to make a reasonable effort to get me to and from the airport in a timely fashion.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This was our first time staying at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare, we chose this hotel as our park, sleep & fly hotel and we were glad that we did. It was very easy to access from I90 and it is located very close to O'Hare.
The rooms are very modern and the beds are extremely comfortable. There are plenty of on-site dining and bar options, or it is only a short drive to some off-site restaurants. The shuttle service was great both going and coming back to the hotel. We definitely plan to use this as our next park & fly hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Coznut
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Stayed here due to flight being cancelled -- had airline put us up in hotel since Hilton in airport was full. We were very pleased as the Crowne is newly renovated and rooms were very nice and bed very comfortable. We ate at the restaurnat and had drinks at the bar -- the food was excellent. be advised that there are no restaurnats around the hotel -- so if you arrive via shuttle then you are tied to the hotel for food and drinks. We truly enjoyed the food (pizaa and salad) and the added benefit of the airlines paying for the meal. If I had to stay overnight at airport I'd stay here again. Saw indoor pool and gym (average) but did not use either.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2011

United put me here with a missed connection from New Orleans to Copenhagen

Airport shuttle every 30 mins is inadequate - driver was poor and missed erminals on the drop off

Bars and restaurant closed 11pm - just before I got there and no 24 hr room service - was given menu for local Pizzeria, delivery 1hr

Shop (for missing stuff) was horrendously expensive $80 dollars for underwear socks Tshirt and some toileteries

Room was perfect bed great - although next to elevator gave some noise

Ate lunch at chicago fire restaurant v good.

Nothing local at all

Gave 2pm checkout no problem

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our hotel. Although, your experience was not as pleasant as we want it to be, we value your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. Rest assured that I will personally address the situation you had with shuttle service. We will also evaluate our restaurant and room service hours.

I hope that this experience does not keep you from coming back or recommending our hotel. I can guarantee you that the experience you had with our shuttle is not how we would normally perform.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to share you comments. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, I ask that you extend us another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

We were put up in the Crowne Plaza after a bumped flight by United. So while I'm not sure how much the hotel cost United we were very enthusiastic about the stay. The hotel looks as if it had just been remodeled and resembled a boutique hotel. Everything about the room was perfect and extremely clean. The beds were super comfortable and the room was very quiet. From the exterior the hotel looks like it was built in the 60's which probably explains why it's so quiet - no paper thin walls. Once you walk inside though it looks like a brand spankin' new "trendy" hotel. Oh, and the pool was great for the kids. The only negative is the Wi Fi. This is my complaint with all the upper end hotel chains. Why do I have to pay for high speed wireless...? don't answer that, I know it's just why does Super 8 give it away but these 4 star places charge? A little inside tip: If you stay in Rosemont you can walk through the pedestrian walkways and dig on some free wireless. Don't pay the hotels!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I have a preetty low opinion of Crowne Plaza Hotels in general but was very happy with this property. We did not choose this hotel as it was the one United booked us in do to a flight problem.

Arrival:
Shuttle picks up at door number 4. I got this info from calling the hotels number and they had an automated message telling you where to pickup the shuttle. We got lucky and the shuttle arrived pretty quickly upon arrival at the shuttle pickup area.

Check-in:
The lady that checked us in was very nice and quick. I asked if I could use my Priority Club Platinum card and she said she could put it in but there would be no points for the room as it was paid by the airline but should get points for restaurant etc but never did but no big deal really. She also described the services at the hotel including the shuttle which leaves the hotel for the airport every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour.

Room:
Very nice room! Definitely the best Crowne Plaza I have been to, ever. Well decorated room with a comfortable bed, nice tv with plenty of channels and a nice little sleep amenity kit on the bed. Our room had a nice view of the airport which is nice if you like to watch the planes landing etc. There was NO sound problems from the planes either for those of you who that like a quiet nites sleep. The bathroom is nice with plenty of counter space and a nice shower. There is a charge for internet but I was reading in the hotel information book that Priority Club members get free internet so you may want to check into that. Not sure how it works or if it was accurate as we just used intenet on our phones for the short overnight stay.

Business Center:
They have a nice business center with several pc's near the restaurant with printers and a conference room but there is a charge for all of the services.

Restaurant:
There is a restaurant and a bar. Both are pretty nice and they have the same menu and are across the hall from each other. We ate in the bar area and the service and food was very good. I did not find the cost to be too bad consdering it is a airport restaurant where you really do not have many options nearby. You could walk to other hotels and restaurants nearby as there are several hotels along the street this hotel is on but this place is pretty good.

Departure:
The shuttle was completely full upon departure and some people did not make it but they did have an overflow shuttle which is great. Some hotels do not do that.

All in all. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple