“Don't expect luxuary”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Staff and hotel seem a bit tired.
Had a suite where half the lights didn't work, safe didn't work, phone didn't work, didn't get paper in the morning and not even a bottle of water in the room. Spent over $1000 on my trip and they wouldn't even give me a one hour extension to check out time. Won't be back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Kwght,

Thank you for your feedback. I regret that your stay experience was less than satisfactory and would love to address it appropriately. In order for me to do so I need a few more details about your stay (i.e. the room number, the date of your stay etc).

Could you please contact me directly at 847.928.3700 so I could learn more about your stay.
Thank you for your business. I am looking forward to talking to you soon.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare over weekend and i had a PHENOMENAL stay. The room I stayed in was beyond beautiful, very specious and greatly serviced, The whole staff was courteous but Marsha and Beatrice at the front desk were very friendly: THANK YOU for the great service.

Room Tip: high floor is a must!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Eldina R,

Thank you for sharing that you had a phenomenal stay with us and that you loved it. I am glad that you found our rooms to be beyond beautiful, very specious and greatly serviced.

I’ll be sure to share your review with Marsha and Beatriz as they will be happy to know you took some time to recognize them for their service.

We greatly appreciate your business and would love to have you back. Please contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed for two nights for a conference that was hosted at the hotel. I had been concerned about noise due to proximity to airport but was pleased find the room was very quiet and comfortable. Appreciated the easy access to restaurants and train. Shuttle to O’hare was convenient. Staff was pleasant. Filtered water cooler was not working on my floor, nor the floors immediately above or below....good idea for filling my water bottle but dissappointed that had to try several floors before finding a working machine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Scott N.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you had overall a pleasant stay with us. You are correct: All our rooms are equipped with double paned windows to eliminate sound.

Thank you for sharing that our staff was pleasant. I apologize about the inconvenience with filtered water coolers and I have already addressed it with our Engineering team.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

When we arrived I approached the front desk to obtain a luggage cart, three employees were at the desk and all three never looked up at me, simply continued whatever they were doing and ignored me, no other hotel guest were at the desk. I finally had to ask about the cart and was simply told, go talk to the Concierge.

Had to wait for the Concierge to go to another part of the hotel to get a cart then would not allow me to load or transport my luggage to our room. He wanted his tip pretty bad.

Wireless internet was not free, $15.00 a day. At their room prices, they could afford free internet for their guest.

Overall, hotel was nice, front desk staff left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geroge F
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear Geroge F,

Thank you for your feedback. I regret that your stay was less than satisfactory. I apologize for all the unfortunate experience and would like to learn more about your stay so I could address appropriately.

Could you please contact me, at your convenience, at 847.928.3700 or e-mail me at cjacobsen@crownepalzaohare.com.

Thank you for your business and I am looking forward to talking to you.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Found the accommodations very comfortable especially after working an 18 hour day (May 31) at the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. My only concern - I left a hardcover library book (The Final Storm by Jeff Shaara) and when I called on Monday it was no where to be found. (Housekeeping said it may have been mixed in with the laundry.)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear kduhig,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you found our accommodations very comfortable, even after working an 18 hours a day.

I regret that your book was not turned into our lost and found. We tried to search again before responding to your review. Unfortunately, we were not able to find it.

We greatly appreciate your business and would love to have you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

So topping and tailing this trip there were nights at ORD, which haven't been great experiences for us in the past. On the way in, the Renaissance turned out to be better than any ORD we'd tried; on the way home, the Crowne Plaza also rose above the usual nightmare of ORD lodging.

The good: really helpful staff - like, super helpful, going beyond the basics helpful. Lovely comfy room.

The bad? The shuttle could run a bit more frequently; and... well, the lifts are at a lower level than reception so you have to walk down a long ramp to get there. But... that's quibbling.

The shuttle was rammed, in both directions, by the way (partly due to a ground hold) but seemed to a good idea to arrive with plenty of time to make sure you don't miss your flight.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank transatlantica

Dear transatlantic,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and our service.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I show up for a workshop at this hotel and I have a confirmed reservation, but when I arrive at 5:30pm I'm asked to share a room with my co-worker. When I responded 'NO', we were told 'well your colleagues are doing it!'

Unbelievable, no apology, only rudeness that we turned them down! BTW it's against our corporate travel policy for employees to share a room, Crowne Plaza O'Hare. I'm still waiting for an apology of some sort!

And that was just the beginning!

I will never stay at a Crowne Plaza again. FYI, they weren't asking the men in front of us to share a room. Now that's sexist.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LekiliS
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear LekiliS,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing with us your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you.

I am wondering if you could contact me directly at (847) 928-3700 or e-mail me at cjacobsen@crowneplazaohare.com so I could learn more about the specifics of your stay and address appropriately.

Thank you for your business and I look forward to hearing from you!