Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here overnight for work, I wasn't impressed.
Although it looked like the bathroom was recently remodeled, the rest of the room looked worn. The thermostat did nothing to control the heat and the room was cooler than I like. The worst part was when I went to use a hand towel and noticed two large brown stains on the towel - disgusting and unacceptable. I took the towel down to the front desk at checkout and staff did apologize and said they would inform housekeeping (doubtful). The parking was expensive and I was unable to get a receipt. I would not stay again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. I suppose an unsuspecting traveler going to the convention center would enjoy it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Sharon B,

It is our goal here at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare to provide great overall stay experience to all our guests and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

We regret that our newly renovated rooms didn’t meet your expectation this time. I apologize about the inconvenience with the thermostat and hand towels. We take this very seriously and I can assure you that this is not a typical experience at our property and it has been addressed accordingly.

In order for us to address appropriately, would you please call me on the number below and let me know room number that you stayed in or the name on the registration?

Our parking rates are very competitive in the area. We provide unlimited in and out privileges and I am sorry if this was not clearly communicate to you.

We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.370

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here after my flight out of Chicago was cancelled. Their reservations process is annoyingly tedious. The staff was rude and not helpful at all. The rooms were extremely noisy, we could here everything from the hallway all night long. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamor2

Dear Tamor2,

I am sorry to hear that your flight out of Chicago was cancelled.

We take your feedback very seriously and would like to learn more about how did you make your reservation. I am wondering if you could call me (or e-mail me) at the number below so I could look into this and address appropriately.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to talking to you.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Room was great.. Parking is the issue. 24.00 to park overnight and I have to walk a mile to your car. No valet??!!! Those are valet prices all day. Plus my ticket never worked to get in or out. Had to push the help button. Get the parking fixed and this hotel will be a true 4!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryan L
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Bryan L,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing that our room was great! I regret to hear that our parking pricing didn't meet your expectation this time.

Our parking is competitive in the area. Our validation tickets provide unlimited in and out privileges as long as the “enter/exit” pattern is followed and it will not work if used twice in the same direction (twice exit) and I apologize if this wasn't clearly explained during the check in.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We arrived in Chicago after a rough overnight flight from Tokyo. My husband was very ill and we needed a place to stay near the airport. Without doing any research, we quickly booked this hotel that a United Airlines agent recommend and it was just what we needed - a clean, spacious, quiet, and comfortable place to rest for the night.

There's a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to and from the airport. It arrives and picks up passengers at Door #2 in the bus terminal at the airport. It's about a 10 minute drive.

Our room was spacious with a comfortable king size bed, chair, flat screen TV, coffee pot, and several lamps. The bathroom was large with great water pressure in the shower as well. Wi-Fi is available at an extra cost of about $12. There's a small gift shop with snacks and drinks available for purchase near the lobby.

There's an Italian restaurant at the hotel where you can dine or order room service. I had pizza for dinner and it was very good. The following morning I picked up some yogurt and fruit from the take-out counter. It's all very expensive but it's nice to have options right at your hotel when needed.

2  Thank Katie_and_Nick
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Katie_and_Nick,

We wish your husband speedy recovery. Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel and our services.

Our team is committed to providing great service to all our guests and we are glad to hear that we have met your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your business and would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is very nice, clean and quiet. Good amenities, good food, and the Rosemont area has so much to offer within walking distance. Perhaps the only downside was that we couldn't get into the pool because of so many kids, but there was a hockey tournament in Rosemont, so that is understandable. We had a great time, and recommend this hotel highly.

Dear andy s,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our services.

You are correct; Rosemont has so much to offer and these places are within walking distance from our hotel. If you haven’t gone already, I highly recommend visiting the Chicago Fashion Outlet Mall as it provides great shopping experience and great food from variety of restaurants.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and very accommodating for travelers. Rooms are clean and spacious. Beds comfortable. Bathrooms very nice. During this recent stay, our room faced the airport and we could watch the planes land, but the noise was minimal...didn't disturb us at all. Check in went smoothly, our room was ready and we were asked if we wanted a wake up call.

There is covered parking which is a MUST if you are leaving your car for a week in Chicago in the winter. Easy in and out of the parking facility.

The restaurant has very good food for dinner and the prices are "reasonable" for what you get. I have had pizza, salad, and a sandwich and all were excellent. Good Martinis too!

Shuttle runs every 30 minutes around the clock. We got on the shuttle at 3:00AM and our driver was courteous and friendly.

Will stay at The Crowne Plaza at O'Hare again and again when flying out of O'Hare.

Room Tip: Have never had a "bad" room.

Dear jlwilm,

Our team is committed to providing great stay experience to all our guests and we greatly appreciate your comment. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding our clean and spacious rooms with comfortable beds and nice bathroom.

All our rooms have double paned windows to eliminate outside noise. Thank you for recognizing our Front Desk, Shuttle Services and Restaurant associates for their service.
We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

l've been staying at this hotel once a year for something like 18 year (it was a Holiday Inn when I first stayed there) and I have always liked it. Why would I stay there that much if I didn't? It's incredibly convenient to the Rosemont Convention Center and the theatre, always has competitive prices, and I've found the staff to be friendly and helpful. A couple of the bellmen call me by name! The rooms are very comfortable, the beds amazingly comfortable, and for an airport area hotel it's very quiet.

There's a new entertainment complex located behind the hotel that has a myriad of restaurants that are great though it was so cold (in the minus numbers) that I chose to eat quite a few of my meals in the Visibility Bar and it was top notch too.

I'll be back for year number 19 next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear stcroixscuba,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage! Our team is always excited to welcome you back. Thank you for taking some time to share your stay experience. Your kind words about the hotel rooms and our service are greatly appreciated.

Your are absolutely correct about the MB Financial Park: It offers some of the best dining and entertainment destinations such as Zanies Comedy Club, Adobe Gila’s, Fogo de Chao, Hofbrauhaus Chicago and many more.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to year number 19. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance regarding your future reservations.