“Small rooms”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Hendersonville, TN
“Small rooms”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The rooms were very small, but that is what you get in a large city I guess. It was a trendy, very up to date hotel. And the parking was not great, also what you get in a large city.

Overall it was a good stay and I'm sure we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear payne0295,

Thank you for taking some time to share your stay experience. I am glad that you found our rooms to be trendy and our hotel to be up to date.

I regret that our parking and the size of your room didn’t meet your expectations this time.
We greatly appreciate your business and are looking forward to your future stays.

Tel: 847.928.370

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I visit Chicago last week and stayed at Crowne Plaza near Airport. It's clean, trendy, and eco-friendly. Location of the hotel is very Convenient near to Airport. The rooms are very cute and a good size for either a couple or a single person. I got corner room so view was great.The staff is great and always helpful. Food was very good.

Good Hotel for Business as well as family trips.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear milindphulse,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza O’Hare during your recent trip to Chicago, IL. Thank you for taking some time to share that our hotel is clean, trendy and eco-friendly.

You are correct: We are so conveniently located in the heart of Rosemont, just a short walk away from most major destinations, be it Convention Center, Chicago Fashion Outlet Mall, MB Financial Park, Rosemont Theater- to name a few.

I am glad that you liked our new room design. Our team will be glad to hear that you took some time to recognize them for their service and helpfulness.

I will share with our award-winning Chef that you have enjoyed some of his signature dishes.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next sty. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Just like other posts, I had no heat (stayed in a different room than the one posted a few reviews down). Unit runs, but cold air comes out. How can this be? Chicago should be prepared with heat in the winter. Coldness is not a new concept for the area.

Shampoo provided smells like medicine. I used....my hair looked great, but my scalp burned and was very itchy for days. Beware if you have sensitive skin.

Gift shop does not allow you to charge items to your room - but no sign posted.

There is a restaurant on site, but has a limited menu.

I would not stay here again unless dirt cheap price or company forces me.

On positive side, hotel was clean and had friendly staff.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear LoveFunTravels,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and staff friendly. However, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have had with the temperature levels in your room. I have taken note of your feedback and this shall be used to consider for improvements and upgrades in our property.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here in January and was totally snowed in. However, the location of this hotel is close enough to major attractions and the train stop that it didn't really slow us down. The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant had enough of a variety that eating there for three meals (2 breakfasts and a lunch) did not get monotonous. The exercise room was nice with new equipment. Again, it was close to everything, and the front desk/shuttle service did a great job!

Room Tip: The rooms have a "drape clip" (a "chip clip" for the curtains). Use it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear MO_outdoor_adventure,

Thank you for taking some time to share your stay experience. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our services.

I am glad to hear you found some time to discover the unique delights of our local cuisine at our Chicago Fire Oven Restaurant.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend visiting the Fashion Outlet Mall as it provides unparalleled shopping experience.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

New York, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 511, every 3 minutes a mechanical sound woke me up. Black out drapes not effective, heat did not work well, room was frigid. Airport shuttle not frequent, every half hour and so full could not accommodate all guests needing transport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ExpertTravelCritic
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear 777CREW,

Thank you for your survey. It is our goal here at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare to provide a great stay experience to all our guests and we regret that your stay was less than satisfactory. We wish we knew about your concerns so that we could have addressed them to your full satisfaction.

Please rest assured that this is not a typical experience at our property and I have addressed it with our Director of Engineering.

We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will consider our Hotel for your future stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I would probably give it a 4 star review had I booked the hotel as a 3 star hotel. The site I booked it showed the property as 4 stars, later I noticed that other sites list it as 3 1/2 stars. So I am not really sure what is the proper star rating for it, but the fact is that my expectations where 4 stars. The hotel is very well located, probably the best location to stay in Chicago after the Magnificent Mile. Conference center, shopping, dinning, bars and of course O'Hare, if that matters to you.

Now to the hotel itself - it is a mix of recently renovated with 'oh my goodness this needs to be renewed'. The rooms are small, perhaps renovated. The hallways are pretty beaten up in a serious need of some facelift. Same goes for the lobby/elevators area. Outside, the parking area is also bad. Talking about parking, the parking fee I found to be outrageous for the area - $24 bucks for a 24h period.

As I said, maybe I'd give it a better rating had I expect a 3 star hotel. This is pretty much a Holiday Inn Express with granite counter top.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Manoel,
It is our goal here at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare to provide great service to all our guests and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

As you pointed out, we are located in the heart of the Rosemont, just a short walk from some of the major destinations such MB Financial Park, Chicago Fashion Outlet Mall, Chicago Theater, Convention Center, Muvico—just to name a few.

I hope you had some time to take the advantage of our indoor heated pool and fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment.
Our parking price includes unlimited in/out privileges and as such is very competitive for the area. We regret if this wasn’t clearly communicated to you during your stay.
We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Like most Crowne Plaza's, this one doesn't give you anything to hate, but there's not much to love either. The closest thing to love came when we booked it on Hotwire for $60 plus taxes. With a free airport shuttle, that's a great deal if you have to spend the night near ORD.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tangointahiti
Dear tangointahiti,

We greatly appreciate your review. Our team is committed to providing great stay experience to all our guests and we appreciate you taking some time to recognize our complimentary shuttle services to O’Hare.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.