“Not a good experience.”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed in the Presidential Suite. The room was very nice, but there was no hot water. We did not enjoy the cold showers. We were told that they had too many people staying there. For what they charged for the room it should have it's own hot water supply.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear JAMES J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate utility issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed December 21, 2013

They have a shuttle to and from the airport with friendly, polite drivers. The rooms were clean and modern, they had a nice clean pool available. Everyone was friendly and helpful and checkin/out was smooth and quick. The restaurant was not much but you can walk next door to the doubletree where you can get a really good steak at Gibsons. The hotel itself was fine and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear cibiem,

We greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel and its services. I am glad to hear you liked our newly decorated rooms. We are getting a lot of compliments about the design of both: rooms and the washrooms.

I regret that our parking and restaurant pricing didn’t meet your expectations this time. I would be happy to address any question you may have regarding your upcoming stay. Please contact me directly at cjacobsen@crowneplazaohare.com.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. If you already haven’t, I hope you will find some time to visit newly opened Outlet Mall as they provide unparalleled shopping experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here while attending an event, so the room rates were within my budget. Unfortunately, the regular rates are not.
Plus:
close to the airport, 24 hour shuttle, friendly staff
The decor of the rooms is modern, great color scheme, fantastic modern bathrooms. Actually one of the most tastefully decorated rooms I've ever had. The architect/interior designer paid a lot of attention to details. The bathroom design is outstanding.
Quiet enough to get a good night's sleep.
Minus:
To get to the parking lot you will have to drive half a block around the building although there is an entrace to the lot close to the lobby.
Chicago Fire Oven (hotel restaurant). I only had breakfast there, every day (lack of other options close-by). Pricey, not very friendly and therefore appears misplaced in the hotel. (I will rate the restaurant separately.)
I did not get a reply to an e-mail I sent to the sales officer at the hotel regarding an upcomping stay. That is not the guest service I experienced during my stays.
Due to the issues with not answering my e-mail and the restaurants I don't give 5.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear cibiem,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here between December 14 and 16. Rooms were good, however it was a poor/delayed service on Dec 14th when we went for Dinner. There was probably only one person servicing the entire restaurant, and this person did not have any clue on who came first. it was a long wait for us before we can even get a drink.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Vedictraveller,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a feedback. We greatly appreciate the kind words about our rooms. I apologize for the unfortunate experience in the restaurant. This is not typical for our establishment and I have addressed it with our Director of Food & Beverage.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay and the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to great service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Reasonably priced and clean. Five minutes away from the convention center and a short walk to area restaurants. Staff was friendly and competent an all too rare combination nowadays. All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to return to the Crown Plaza.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Bunser,

Our team is dedicated to providing great stay experience to all our guests and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for recognizing our staff members for their friendliness and competencies.

I’m glad that you did have a chance to check out the MB Financial Park that features some of the finest dining and entertainment destination. If you haven’t already done yet, check out the New Chicago Outlet which is located behind our hotel.

We greatly appreciate you business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was my first time staying at this property. It was close to the airport for my early morning flight. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and check-in was painless. The room was exceptionally clean and internet was very good. It is free if you have IHG gold status and above but $12.95 a day if you do not. The bed in the room was very comfortable and I slept well. This was a great hotel but I can't give it the full 5 stars because of a couple issues. The first is that the parking is horrible. Some spaces go along the side and then there is parking out back. There is additional parking in a garage. My second night I had to park in the garage and there is no direct link to the hotel. This parking is shared by some of the other hotels so it is large and bit of a walk to get into the hotel. Not a big deal if it wasn't very cold and windy in Chicago. There's not much that they can do about it but I would be hesitant to stay here again because of this. The second issue is that there are filtered water units on each floor to fill your water bottles. It would be a great idea if they all worked. The one on my floor did not work and the one on the floor below dispensed room temp water. Not a huge deal but it also helped take the rating down.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Duane1969,

We are delighted for the opportunity to welcome you to the Crowne Plaza O’Hare. We are committed to providing great stay experience to all our guests and your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our services. I apologize for the unfortunate experience with the parking and filter water units. Please rest assured that this is not typical for our hotel and it has been addressed with our Director of Engineering.

We greatly appreciate your business and would love to have you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We use this hotel often when flying out of O'Hare on early flights. We stay over at the hotel for 1 night and leave our car for a week for free. Shuttle takes us and picks us up from the airport. Very nice rooms and other services, allows for a good night sleep before your flight.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear moretravel_12,

We greatly appreciate your continued patronage. Thank you for taking the time to highlight how our Park, Sleep and Fly package works.

Our team is highly motivated to provide a great stay experience to all our guests and we are glad to hear that we have met your expectation: from timely shuttle service, nice rooms and service to good night sleep.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. I suggest you check out the New Chicago Outlet Mall which is located behind the hotel as well as the MB Financial Park that has variety of restaurants and entertainment.

Tel: 847.928.3700