“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Buffalo, New York
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was my first time staying at this property. It was close to the airport for my early morning flight. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and check-in was painless. The room was exceptionally clean and internet was very good. It is free if you have IHG gold status and above but $12.95 a day if you do not. The bed in the room was very comfortable and I slept well. This was a great hotel but I can't give it the full 5 stars because of a couple issues. The first is that the parking is horrible. Some spaces go along the side and then there is parking out back. There is additional parking in a garage. My second night I had to park in the garage and there is no direct link to the hotel. This parking is shared by some of the other hotels so it is large and bit of a walk to get into the hotel. Not a big deal if it wasn't very cold and windy in Chicago. There's not much that they can do about it but I would be hesitant to stay here again because of this. The second issue is that there are filtered water units on each floor to fill your water bottles. It would be a great idea if they all worked. The one on my floor did not work and the one on the floor below dispensed room temp water. Not a huge deal but it also helped take the rating down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Duane1969,

We are delighted for the opportunity to welcome you to the Crowne Plaza O’Hare. We are committed to providing great stay experience to all our guests and your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our services. I apologize for the unfortunate experience with the parking and filter water units. Please rest assured that this is not typical for our hotel and it has been addressed with our Director of Engineering.

We greatly appreciate your business and would love to have you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.370

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We use this hotel often when flying out of O'Hare on early flights. We stay over at the hotel for 1 night and leave our car for a week for free. Shuttle takes us and picks us up from the airport. Very nice rooms and other services, allows for a good night sleep before your flight.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear moretravel_12,

We greatly appreciate your continued patronage. Thank you for taking the time to highlight how our Park, Sleep and Fly package works.

Our team is highly motivated to provide a great stay experience to all our guests and we are glad to hear that we have met your expectation: from timely shuttle service, nice rooms and service to good night sleep.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. I suggest you check out the New Chicago Outlet Mall which is located behind the hotel as well as the MB Financial Park that has variety of restaurants and entertainment.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very close to the Ohare airport. The staff is friendly and nice. The hotel is beautiful. The price is reasonable. But one of my friends told me after the night we spent at this hotel, he got some bumps around his ears which were very itch . That is a very sensitive area and he said it should because the beds were not so clean as we saw.
I didn't recognize that cause I was not so sensitive. But he said just after that night, he got the bumps. He didn't got any bumps when he stayed in the other hotels during our this trip.

Stayed December 2013
Dear You L.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about the hotel being beautiful and that our staff is friendly. It is our goal here at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare to provide great stay experience to all our guests and I regret to hear that one of your friends had an unfortunate experience.

We wish the the issue you had was brought to our attention during your stay. I would like an opportunity to learn more about it and hope you will find some time to contact me directly at 847.928.3700

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My family and I were in Rosemont for a car show and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. Our room was very clean and comfortable and I liked their pool and fitness center. Due to the car show and a wedding reception, there was a lot of activity going on in the hotel. When we requested another room away from a loud party that was in the next room, the front desk staff was very accommodating in moving us to a room in a quieter area.

The hotel is in a good location for business travelers, the hotel is across the street from the Stephens Convention Center, 20-30 minutes by car far from O'Hare Airport. The hotel is very close to the Fashion Outlets of Chicago (unfortunately, I didn't have time to do any shopping) and for general entertainment, the Rosemont Theatre and the Muvco Movie Theatre.

The hotel is more than 40-50 minutes from Downtown Chicago, but if you don't want to drive downtown, the CTA has a park and ride facility where you can take their Blue line train into Downtown Chicago or all the way to O'Hare Airport.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear KStep029

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza O’Hare for your recent trip to Rosemont. We appreciate you taking the time to share that your room was very clean and comfortable. I am glad to hear you found some time to take the advantage of our heated indoor swimming pool and fitness center.

Thank you for recognizing front desk team for their service. You are absolutely correct: We are so conveniently located in the heart of the Rosemont business and entertainment area, just a short walk away from most major shopping, dining or entertainment destinations.

Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here after missing a flight - decent hotel : rooms are clean and neat. Restaurant options are not many - internet is $13/day. Staff were friendly. Fairly close to the airport (20min by shuttle). There is an airport shuttle every 30min which is convenient for travellers. If i missed another flight, i would probably stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear TTZulu

I am very sorry to hear that you missed your connecting flight. We are glad that hotel did meet your expectation and we greatly appreciate that you took some time to share that our rooms are clean and neat and our staff were friendly.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2013

nice room, very good shower, the front desk was really helpful, they changed my smoking room to a non smoking without problems. the position to the covention center is the best, thehotel was full and people on the corridor could be loud, but there is nothing you can do about that!
only small problem the lady at the check in for breakfast was not so nice, because i was having breakfast alone and did not want to stay at the bar, so she had to use a table for me and it showed that it bothered her!!!
but breakfast was nice.
great choice for me

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear isablubelle,

We greatly appreciate you taking some time to share your stay experience. Our front desk team will be glad to hear that you have recognized them for their service and friendliness.

You are correct, our hotel is so conveniently located to all major destinations in the Rosemont area, be it Rosemont Convention Center, Rosemont Theater, Muvico, Shopping and Entertainment District—we are just a short walk away.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the restaurant. This is not typical for our property and I have already addressed it with our Director of F & B.

Minneapolis
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited this hotel for a 2 day weekend conference and it was very convenient to be able to run back up to the room during breaks. Room quality overall was very nice, standard amenities. Nice touch was an actual hair dryer and not the one attached to the wall. One thing I will mark as a negative is that there was not a freezer compartment in the fridge unit so I couldn't bring my ice packs back home on the plane since they weren't fully frozen.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Justsimplyb,

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you during your two-days conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience and highlight our room quality along with the standard amenities. ‘Glad you liked our hair dryer. I regret that our fridge didn’t meet your expectations.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.