Based on prior reviews I wasn't expecting a real up-scale property. What I got was about what I expected. What I didn't expect was the large hole in the ceiling and falling drywall. Here was my opinions on the hotel.
CHECK IN: Quick and since I was early, I had requested early check in. The room was ready and on the quite floor where I asked when I booked.
ROOM: Average size; WAY too blue (blue walls, blue table, blue couch, blue ottoman, blue floor, blue everything! Everything was clean and dusted (my biggest pet peeve); YES I even did the "white glove" test on the picture frames and they were all clean (mind you make in my 20's I was a housekeeper for a prominent chain so I know what is expected and I have OCD and cleanly-ness is #1 on my list!)! The room did have an odd smell to it, not good but not bad - no sure just what it was; I had linen spray with me so I used accordingly (for just such reasons). The fridg was unplugged so had to mess with it ourselves and then it was fine. Did not use safe.
BED: AWESOME!!!!!!! It's the best bed I have ever slept in. I even took a picture of the mattress tag so when I purchase a new one for home, I know what I am looking for! It was clean; bedding was very nice but I have seen the same thing in Choice hotels for half the price. It seems this new "triple sheet" thing is the new wave for all hotels. Bascially there is a sheet, a blanket and another sheet, then a comforter. Not sure what's so special about it, it just gives one more to keep track of while rolling around.
BATHROOM: Very small and oddly configured. I'm 5'5" and had to strattle the toilet to get the door closed. Forget about 2 adults trying to get dressed in there unless one of you does it in the tub. There are NO towel racks but cubby-holes. I've never seen that before. There was 1 small hook next to the shower but nowhere to hang more than 1 towel. Towels were very soft & didn't reak of bleach (not really sure if that's good or not). Amenities: shampoo, conditioner and a bar of soap. Not enough S&C for 2 either. We had to call for more (front desk contact 1).
FOOD: Didn't eat on property as I couldn't see spending $40+ on a strip steak. We sent to McD's just up the road for a quick bit.
PARKING: I wasn't told anything about the parking. But once I finally figured out WHERE & HOW to park, I went back to the front desk and asked about in & out priviledges and was informed they needed to give me a ticket and it would be charged to the room. That was fine but why didn't they mention all this when I checked in?? No a huge deal but it was a trip to the front desk which I hate doing. (front desk contact 2)
MISC: NOISE: We requested the 10th floor which is supposed to be the "quite floor" and I mentioned that we would be sleeping during the day and I wanted to make sure that we were in a quite area. I mentioned this at least 5 times!! About 1 hour into my stay, the room right across the hall (the one with 2 empty cases of beer!!!) started getting so loud we could hear them through the door, over the TV and with ear plugs in!! I called the front desk (front desk contact 3) and they said they would send someone up. After about 30 minutes, it got quite and we did not have another issue with it. However, it should not have happened to begin with! We never heard any other neighbors.
EXTRAS: The room was supposed to have lavendar spary, ear plugs, sleep mask & CD in the room. It did not. I asked for them and they advised they were only available at request & one per room. WHAT??? I booked for two but only 1 of us gets to sleep? Well they gave us 2 masks & 2 sets of ear plugs but since we got "extra" we didn't get the CD: "we can swap the mask and ear plugs but then we can't give you a CD". Really??? Keep your CD then! This was handled during check in (because I asked about them being in the room already).
Requested an extra set of towels and wash clothes for BOTH of us. There was only 2 towels and 2 wash clothes (we wanted to freshen up when we got there and knew we would shower again in the morning before leaving). (front desk contact 3). Security (not housekeeping) brought up 2 towels & 0 wash clothes. He was poliet and said he'd be right back. 30 mintues later, wash clothes.
CHECK OUT: The bill was under the door in the moring and had an extra charge on it. I ALWAYS check out at the front desk verses express check out (you can NOT dispute charges if you use express check out - found out the hard way). I was informed that the "added charges" were what my credit card was paying as a subsidey due to my "reward night" redemption. I said that was fine but my credit card was NOT getting charged. They needed to handle that on their end. I was offered a new billing removing the charge. Thus only the $24 parking fee was left. I am currently waiting on my next CC statement to ensure no further charges hit.
Overall: it was an OK room for a free reward night. If I would have had to pay full price, I would NOT be happy. As a Crowne Plaza hotel, I would have expected MUCH more. I have received better from much less expensive chain hotels. Not sure why this was supposed to be so special.
Would I stay here again? Based on PRICE alone in this area, Yes. Based on service and property "perks", No. My overall thoughts: this is an average property and nothing special. Make sure you research for your wants & needs! I don't stay ANYWHERE without checking TA first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the BRAND NEW, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. With newly renovated guest rooms and suites, ballrooms, meeting rooms, restaurant, and common areas, our full-service hotel delivers BRAND NEW comforts, along with attentive service and a variety of amenities. Perfect for the business and leisure traveler, all just minutes from O'Hare and steps away from the Donald Stevens Convention Center and Rosemont Theater. BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES - All 503 of the hotels guest rooms have been completely re-styled and are eco-friendly. The rooms are decorated with a delightfully rich design that is classic and comfortable. All of the furniture is custom made with the best materials and crafted by the finest of experts. Dining is delectable and close at hand. Choices include dining at Chicago Fire Oven, a full service restaurant which offers specialty sandwiches, salads, pizzas and burgers, grab a bite at On the Fly, offering a variety of breakfast pastries, salads and sandwiches, or relax at our Visibility Bar, enjoying specialty pizzas with 10 beers on tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rosemont