“One luggage cart?”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
janesville, WI
“One luggage cart?”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located across the street from the Akoo Theater. It was great to be able to just walk over to attend our show. We ate at the hotel's Fire Grill for supper, which had good food, efficient timing, and enjoyable atmosphere. Since we were traveling, we didn't want to leave all our luggage in the car overnight. The bellhop informed us that they only had ONE luggage cart, which someone was using! Big negative. The room was nice and quiet and clean. However, I had to run plain water through the coffee maker 4 times before it was clear. At this point I decided against coffee in the room. I didn't have time to contact the desk to make it right, but mentioned it to the front desk as we were leaving (laden down with all our luggage...again). He seemed completely unconcerned.
I would stay here again but I would pack very light and allow time for a decent cup of coffee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased that your stay was comfortable and the location of our hotel was convenient for you. We have looked into the issues you referenced regarding the coffee maker in the room. Please know that I have addressed this matter as well as the luggage cart with our Rooms Director to ensure that our valued guests are not inconvenienced. It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to demonstrate our on-going commitment to excellent guest experience. Please let me know how else we can make your next stay more comfortable.

(847) 928-3700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Plaza the night before an early morning fight to Mexico. Check in was super smooth, the rep gave us all the information we needed from how to access wifi, to parking, to catching a shuttle back after our return flight. The rooms were very clean and the bed, the bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in ever. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued guests. We are so glad you found us to be recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed overnight before and after a trip out of O'Hare. Check in went smoothly. The room was clean and modern. We ate a quick pizza supper in the hotel restaurant. It was delicious. The shuttle service went smoothly before and after our trip! Hang on to the instructions for how to catch the shuttle at the end of the trip because they're very helpful. At the end of our trip we booked the overnight with the breakfast included. The breakfast buffet was amazing. Lots of great hot choices as well as amazing fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and and beverages. Loved it! Getting out of the parking lot was quick and easy. Our only struggle was getting the feather pillows replaced when we checked in. We had to call again to get this accomplished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for returning to our hotel. I am happy that you are enjoying our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities. It is always great to hear about positive experiences with our staff and of course our delicious meals in Chicago Fire Oven Restaurant. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Central, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked two rooms in this property on the club floor for my family to enjoy the night before flying out of O'Hare on a vacation. We had used the Renaissance two years prior but this property is closer to O'Hare and offered newly renovated rooms.

While the updated rooms were nice, the club lounge offerings were disappointing. The parking was a pain, too, as the hotel was hosting a huge convention and I had to park probably a 1/4 mile away. Upon return, I tried using the ticket given me at checkout to exit the lot, but it didn't work. I had to trudge all the way back to the front desk where they nonchalantly handed me another ticket and told me to "try this one."

No apology.

No more business from me!

Room Tip: Book the Renaissance for a better park n fly experience - I wish I had booked it again this time!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Davooda,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am pleased to know you found our updated rooms commendable. However, I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the issue you had with the parking and service received from our hotel staff. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. I truly hope there will be an opportunity for you to return to our property and let us provide you with the service you expect and deserve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One night for meeting next day, shuttle from O'Hare is free and runs every 15 and 45 minutes on the hour. Rate was ok for the area. Beats any downtown rate. Taxi to downtown runs about 50 dollars takes 40 minutes during peek traffic. Room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Excellent buffet for breakfast but expensive. Try and book the rate that includes breakfast. Have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Room was clean and bright. The view from our 5th floor room overlooked the parking area, but someone has tobe on that side of the building. Although I booked for four travelers there were only three bath towels, hand towels and face cloths, a situation that was immediately remedied after we called the front desk. Everything worked well and the room was a great place to sleep. I would give the hotel 5 stars except for two reasons: 1) parking was a little far, even parking in the uncovered lot wasn't as close as I'd like, and 2) the stairwell was littered with cigarette butts and smelled of smoke. However, everything else was great! Restaurant downstairs (Chicago Fire Oven, or something like that) was excellent! Service was great, and vbery close to a lot of things to do. Muvico on opposite side of parking garage has 18 theaters, many movies in 3D, and the comfiest chairs I ever sat in, for a theater! Great pool downstairs and two workout rooms and a ping pong table are right there.

Room Tip: Rooms further from vending area are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for positive comments about your experience with our hotel and accommodations and we appreciate that you took the time to provide this feedback to us. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers. I have reviewed your specific comments regarding the parking area and the condition of the stairwell area. I have addressed this with our housekeeping team. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked the hotel through ParkSleepFly, an excellent service that I've used successfully at many O'Hare area hotels. The Crowne Plaza desk staff couldn't find reservation and required me to rifle through my briefcase to find a printout of the confirmation (I've never needed to do this at any PSF hotel). Desk staff was unhelpful. Covered parking, but it's far from the hotel, and most of the trip back to the hotel is outside, part of it uncovered, so in a snowstorm it's a mess. Shuttle service back was horrible: I was standing at Door 2 at 8:15; after a half hour, I called and was lied to, told that the shuttle was "just back" from the airport with passengers (impossible, since I had been standing in the pickup location for half an hour, the hotel is 5 minutes from the airport); was then told that the shuttle would leave at 9:00; shuttle didn't arrive until 9:25. An hour and ten minutes waiting -- and I received no apology, no offer to help, nothing. NEVER AGAIN. There are many good, reliable properties near O'Hare. Don't ever choose this one, even if it's a bit cheaper. NOT WORTH IT.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DSC43210
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback to us on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered with your room reservation, shuttle service and the front desk staff. I have met with the team members that were on duty during your stay and rest assured that I am personally addressing these issues. Our hotel is rated by our customers as one of the top hotel for service in the Crowne Plaza brand. It is always our goal to provide exceptional experience to all customers and I’m confident that if you give us another opportunity we will be able to demonstrate this. If your travel plans bring you back to the O’Hare area please contact me directly at the phone number below and I would be glad to arrange your room reservation details personally.

Tel: 847.928.3700