“Couldn't be Happier”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Staff was outstanding. I stayed there due to a reduced charge (I used a "pink"slip the airlines provided to make my choice) due to a cancelled flight (11:40 p.m.)

I am considering staying there in the future if they can be competitive with the hotels I have been staying at. A front desk person named "Chris" was outstanding!

Great facility; clean and very well presented.

The rooms were large and very well appointed and the shuttles run every half hour on the hour.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed February 21, 2013

After our vacation was over in Barbados, was heading back home to Detroit after a couple of lay overs, one in Miami, the next in Chicago. Only to find out when we arrived to Chicago that our flight back to Detroit was cancelled. Chicago O'Hare airport set us up here at the Crowne Plaza. Lovely hotel...such a wonderful, comfortable mattress...had a hard time waking up at 4 a.m. to catch the next flight home!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on February 3rd before flying out of O'hare for vacation. The check in process was quick and easy with shuttle service to the airport and the free parking thoroughly explained. We ventured down to Visibility Bar to watch the Super Bowl, have dinner and a few drinks. The bartender, Joe, was great. We had an excellent dinner from the restaurant which came quickly. Our wake up call came on time early the next morning and the shuttle driver was courteous. Rooms were nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a quick shuttle ride back when we returned from vacation and there were no problems upon leaving the free parking deck.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ajaffe
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was stranded because of a storm and had the pleasure to stay in this luxury hotel. The decor was beautiful the rooms very spacious and comfortable and the customer service was exceptional. The on sight lounge and restaurant were excellent - the food fabulous and very reasonable with exceptional service as well. I would recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again in the future! Thank you for your fabulous customer service!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Booked the Crown Plaza as our flight out of Ohare was scheduled for early-This is a very good hotel w/knowledge employees, clean w/good food-complenentary drink more than ample-Will return as this property is close to the airport w/schuttle service

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Missed my connection flight and had to stay an extra 24 hours in Chicago. Hilton was full, and this hotel shuttle car was just outside the terminal 2. Even when arriving very late they did the best to meet my needs (exstended stay in the room because late flight take off late the day after). I asked for a superier room but they where full. I was glad they where because the standard room turned out great. It was good sized, clean and very nice beds. The WiFi internet in the room worked perfectly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your feedback with our future guests. We know that when flights are cancelled, traveling can become stressful. I am delighted to know that we were able to accommodate you. We always aim to exceed our guest expectations and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the modern aesthetic of the property and that you found your accommodations clean and inviting.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Cher Jacobsen
(847) 928-3700

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights for the first time. This property has been nicely upgraded and has a very modern feel in the lobby/common areas.

The rooms were nice, a bit small, but nice. I was upgraded to a corner suite which had 2 rooms (sitting and bedroom) as well as a very large, nicely appointed bathroom. However, it was very cold and the heater didn't seem to be able to keep up (it should be noted it was below 0F at night during my stay).

The food at the restaurant on site was quite good but the atmosphere was lacking. The bar area (where I eat when I'm alone) was very poor, almost an afterthought (and they bill it as a feature - might be better in when it's warmer). The wine and liquor selection was VERY basic; kind of what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn off an interstate exit.

The biggest problem with this hotel was there was NO ONE there. I sat at the bar 2 nights in a row with only one other person... And there wasn't even any evidence of other people in the hotel.

The location is nice however this is why I only gave THIS property 3 stars.

Next door is the Doubletree Hotel; its restaurant is Gibson's Steakhouse where I went for dinner one evening - it was packed, standing room only in the bar until we were seated. Great food, great bar, fun atmosphere to watch a game or have a drink.

Out the back door and through the parking garage is a new development, MB Financial Park, with several nice restaurants, shops and bars. Immediately adjacent to this development is the Aloft hotel.

While you do have access to all of this from the Crowne Plaza, it would be much better and more convenient to stay at one of the other properties It really makes you reconsider how much you really want your Priority Club points!

All in all this is easily a 4 star property but, considering the other options, I deducted a star as I'll choose one of the other properties for my next stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear jch67,