“Quick overnighter”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Quick overnighter”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Booked the Crown Plaza as our flight out of Ohare was scheduled for early-This is a very good hotel w/knowledge employees, clean w/good food-complenentary drink more than ample-Will return as this property is close to the airport w/schuttle service

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Missed my connection flight and had to stay an extra 24 hours in Chicago. Hilton was full, and this hotel shuttle car was just outside the terminal 2. Even when arriving very late they did the best to meet my needs (exstended stay in the room because late flight take off late the day after). I asked for a superier room but they where full. I was glad they where because the standard room turned out great. It was good sized, clean and very nice beds. The WiFi internet in the room worked perfectly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your feedback with our future guests. We know that when flights are cancelled, traveling can become stressful. I am delighted to know that we were able to accommodate you. We always aim to exceed our guest expectations and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the modern aesthetic of the property and that you found your accommodations clean and inviting.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights for the first time. This property has been nicely upgraded and has a very modern feel in the lobby/common areas.

The rooms were nice, a bit small, but nice. I was upgraded to a corner suite which had 2 rooms (sitting and bedroom) as well as a very large, nicely appointed bathroom. However, it was very cold and the heater didn't seem to be able to keep up (it should be noted it was below 0F at night during my stay).

The food at the restaurant on site was quite good but the atmosphere was lacking. The bar area (where I eat when I'm alone) was very poor, almost an afterthought (and they bill it as a feature - might be better in when it's warmer). The wine and liquor selection was VERY basic; kind of what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn off an interstate exit.

The biggest problem with this hotel was there was NO ONE there. I sat at the bar 2 nights in a row with only one other person... And there wasn't even any evidence of other people in the hotel.

The location is nice however this is why I only gave THIS property 3 stars.

Next door is the Doubletree Hotel; its restaurant is Gibson's Steakhouse where I went for dinner one evening - it was packed, standing room only in the bar until we were seated. Great food, great bar, fun atmosphere to watch a game or have a drink.

Out the back door and through the parking garage is a new development, MB Financial Park, with several nice restaurants, shops and bars. Immediately adjacent to this development is the Aloft hotel.

While you do have access to all of this from the Crowne Plaza, it would be much better and more convenient to stay at one of the other properties It really makes you reconsider how much you really want your Priority Club points!

All in all this is easily a 4 star property but, considering the other options, I deducted a star as I'll choose one of the other properties for my next stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear jch67,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here after my flight was delayed going into Chicago & I missed my connection. I was very impressed with the room & the king sized bed was fabulous to sleep on! I was in a corner room & the floor length windows were wonderful! The bathroom was very nice & they had everything I needed! The guys at the front desk were very pleasant. If I ever have to stay in Chicago again I will be staying here! I was disappointed with the $12.95 wifi but I understand that some hotels must charge for this. It was only for one night so I wasn't too internet deprived. I was a bit disappointed that the gym was closed at 10 but it wasn't a big deal. :)

Room Tip: Corner rooms have windows on the side as well, I was very happy with that!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We volunteered to stay the night in Chicago when our United Airlines flight was over booked. They put us up at the Crowne Plaza and I can say that I was impressed! The room was spacious and updated and the bed was very comfortable. We went for a swim and the pool was warm and big, no hot tub though! :(
We went for dinner at the restaurant at the hotel and it was delish with great service. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating!
I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and the room was very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. I am ecstatic to hear how much you loved the property and that your overnight stay with us was delightful and memorable. I am pleased to know that you loved your accommodations as well as the delicious food and service in our Chicago Fire Oven restaurant. I am overjoyed to learn how impressed you were with the personal and efficient service you received throughout your stay. It is very important to all of us here at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare to ensure that all our guests are happy and well taken care of while visiting. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago or Rosemont.

Paris, France
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff are very Welcoming in particular the Front Desk, we landed at the international terminal and upcoming calling the hotel the shuttle picked up us within 10 mins and upon our arrival the Front Desk personnel had already prepared my room keys and we were greeted by our names.
I would like to recognize in particular Mary and Jovana. This level of service is at times not provided at 5 star hotels.
The rooms are very well appointed with excellent touches provided such as Templespa products and Calming Mist to add to a comfortable night.
The Restaurant is perfect for a pizza, prepared in a wood burning oven.
This property is highly recommended for a short stay very close to the airport.

Room Tip: 12th Floor corner room, however most rooms are of the same style and comfort.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. We always believe in providing that personalized service, and I agree with you, that Jovana and Mary are very good at their job! We train our staff to anticipate our guest needs in order to ensure we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!
Thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have read the reviews. I have been here for 2 nights and have 2 more to go. My service in the restaurant is nothing like I am reading. The wait staff has been most pleasant and the food has been great. My updated room is wonderful and has a nice Vegas style bathroom including the granite. My king size bed is quite comfy. For the price, this place is a definitely worth it.

My ONLY down side is wi-fi will cost you $12.95 PER DAY. They have got to fix that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review on our property. Our restaurant team is excited to hear we were able to accommodate you and you were pleased with our service.
Please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future. We'd love to have you back with us.