The Crowne Plaza is a business-oriented hotel a couple of miles from the airport. It has a shuttle bus that makes infrequent trips back and forth - the hotel switchboard simple tells you to go to the likely spot, stand, and wait. In the end, I was cold and tired and feeling badly about the hotel despite the eventual courtesy bus.. Check-in was crowded and slow, indifferent. The hotel is a large conference facility that is typical of the budget business brand cavernous open public spaces and worn faceless room decor. The hotel charges for simple amenities like wi-fi and breakfast, and it feels like they take advantage or cut corners where they can.
Rooms were a bit drab but comfortable, quiet despite the airport. The bathroom was clean and there was good hot water and pressure. There was in-room coffee and tea, a good selection of local and cable channels, and a small mini-fridge. The building is accessible throughout.
The hotel is in an area of office and convention buildings - there is a train stop into the city nearby, but not really in walking distance if you have luggage. The morning staff doing check-out was much better than the evening crowd. Overall, 'not a bad hotel, but not one of the best in the same price range proximate to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the BRAND NEW, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. With newly renovated guest rooms and suites, ballrooms, meeting rooms, restaurant, and common areas, our full-service hotel delivers BRAND NEW comforts, along with attentive service and a variety of amenities. Perfect for the business and leisure traveler, all just minutes from O'Hare and steps away from the Donald Stevens Convention Center and Rosemont Theater. BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES - All 503 of the hotels guest rooms have been completely re-styled and are eco-friendly. The rooms are decorated with a delightfully rich design that is classic and comfortable. All of the furniture is custom made with the best materials and crafted by the finest of experts. Dining is delectable and close at hand. Choices include dining at Chicago Fire Oven, a full service restaurant which offers specialty sandwiches, salads, pizzas and burgers, grab a bite at On the Fly, offering a variety of breakfast pastries, salads and sandwiches, or relax at our Visibility Bar, enjoying specialty pizzas with 10 beers on tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rosemont