“How comfortable are those beds!”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
San Jose, CA
“How comfortable are those beds!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Ended up on a long layover at O'hare and booked a room through hotwire. How lucky was I to end up at the Crown Plaza. Beautiful room, brilliantly quiet, and the most amazingly comfortable beds I think I've ever slept in. Clean rooms, friendly service, and they offered a free shuttle to the airport, to boot. I might have to plan all my layovers in Chicago just to stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I had gone to Chicago to visit my daughter for Thanksgiving Weekend 2011. My girlfriend joined me on Friday the 25th of November. Because hotel parking was so expensive, she parked at the garage at the Rosemont CTA Blue Line Train, and we used the CTA to travel to/from downtown. The hotel did not provide a shuttle to/from the Blue Line unless we were to travel to O'Hare Airport and then shuttle back, which might add 45 minutes to our trip. So, we chose to walk to/from the Blue Line.
After a day with my daughter, we went back to the Hotel around 10:30 pm, and walked back to the Hotel in the pouring rain, about 3/4 mile. As we left the sidewalk for the Hotel doors, a shuttle van pulled in. The headlights were blinding, and he had stopped, and we walked around the van. Rather than waiting a moment for us to pass, without signaling, the van made a hard right turn in to a parking space. The tail-swing of the bus struck me on the left arm, and almost knocked me down. I was not badly hurt, as much as I was shocked. I did not want a confrontation in the pouring rain, and so we went on to the hotel lobby. Unfortunately, there was no one at the bell stand, and the lobby was packed with people checking in. I was tired and wet, and did not wish to wait in the long line to lodge my complaint, as so we retired for the evening, and I planned to chat with Hotel staff in the morning.
The next morning as we checked out, I reported the incident to Mr. Tse Lam. He asked if I needed a doctor, and I told his that while I was bruised, it was not serious. But I was more concerned that this driver needed more training in safety and driving procedures. He gave me his card, and I promised to send him an email in detail, which I did.
I sent a detailed email which went unanswered for 2 weeks. He finally answered and apologized for the delay as he went on vacation. But everyone the Hotel questioned, denied the incident, and so he denied it as well. I asked him why he didn't request to interview my girlfriend. He did not respond.
I did not ask for anything. No refund. No free stay. Nothing! I only wanted them to address the issue with the driver and get him/her additional safety training. Had there been small children involved, the outcome could have been very different. I am amazed at the lack of follow-up, and quick dismissal of the incident. Maybe I should have called the Rosemont Police and made a loud issue in a crowded lobby.
I thought Crowne Plaza was better than this.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
I have reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay and thank you for providing feedback to us. I would like to apologize for the poor follow up on this matter. I want to assure you that it is our standard to get back to all our customers in a timely manner and I am sorry that this did not happen in your case. I have spoken with the entire management team about this. We are hopeful that you would consider giving the hotel another opportunity to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional service. I would really appreciate speaking to you directly about your experience and will be contacting you at the email address you provided.

Cher Jacobsen
(847) 928-3700
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I chose this location because they were boasting free parking while I was away on vacation up to 14 days If I stayed 1 night. Not only was the hotel very nice, it was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. How can you beat staying less than 10 minutes from the airport the night before your flight and being able to leave your car. You get shuttled to and from quick and easily and no airport noise in your room.

Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed December 27, 2011

You can't really go wrong with any hotel in the O'Hare area, and the Crowne is no exception. We were layed over for a flight cancellation, so my review is very quick. Got in very late, check in was fast and friendly. Hotel is very clean, rooms modern and very nice. I was happy with how quiet it was, although do know that this a PET FRIENDLY hotel. We heard a couple of dogs briefly but was dead quiet after that.

Great pizza place close by that will deliver.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank sufusimz
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel when using rewards points. Overall, we had an excellent stay. The staff was quite friendly and accommodating. Additionally, the hotel's rooms have been updated quite nicely. The room was both comfortable and stylish. Everything was just right for a fun weekend trip into Chicago.

In the restaurant on the first floor, the brunch buffet was delicious, and we would recommend the brunch buffet.

We don't have anything negative to mention about the hotel, with the exception of the price of parking for hotel guests. $23 per night for regular outdoor parking (non-valet parking) seems a little steep for parking at a suburban hotel, especially when some of the downtown Chicago hotels have valet parking for about $25 per night. Other than the price of parking, everything was great, particularly the great rooms, which were renovated quite well.

Room Tip: The views of the City are pretty good from the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We missed our connecting flight out of O'Hare and the airline comped us a room here. Like most hotels around an airport, it's an overflow, crash pad for the airlines. We only stayed here for a few hours to catch a little sleep before our morning flight.

The property looks as if it was renovated recently, was clean, and comfortable enough.

The interior decorations have a boutique hotel aesthetic to them (lots of muted colors, European inspired furnishings) but not many luxury accoutrements. I like the eco-friendly touches, such as LED lighting and free filtered tap water. The latter is available in the vending room.

We didn't get to try out the wifi, any of the food offerings, or anything else other than the bed and shower.

As for connecting to the airport, the shuttle in the early morning fills up quickly so get there early and be prepared to stand if you're on a flight at a peak time. The ride however lasts less than five minutes to Terminal 1.

Wisconsin
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here as a Park and stay at a decent rate. Room was nothing special but were staying here more for the parking. Shuttle to Airport was great as is the case with most hotels in the area. The problem was with the shuttle back to the hotel. We were told by both the front desk and the shuttle driver that we did not need to contact the hotel for our pickup. WRONG. After we waited 30 min we taled with a shuttle driver from a competing hotel and were told that we needed to contact the hotel to be picked up. All in all we had to wait 60 min for pickup meanwhile we saw shuttles from competing hotels come by at least 3 times in that period.

2 Thank WiscMike