“Beautiful, Modern, Spotless hotel”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Beautiful, Modern, Spotless hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I have stayed in a number of beautiful hotels, and this one ranks by far amongst the top, especially for a chain.

The place is newly constructed and incredibly modern and well decorated. The rooms were posh and open and light. The bathroom was very modern, spotless. Beds incredibly comfortable. The place felt really good.

The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous, I was really impressed.

The only complaint I would have is the $12 breakfast buffet. It was not really good. It was cereal, some stale danish, juice and coffee. The more expensive option didn't look much better and was $17. I was pretty shocked that such a nice hotel offered such a poor breakfast buffet, I've had better at budget hotels.

Otherwise, two thumbs up for this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The cleaning staff when though my personal belongings and took money out of my bag and when I spoke to the hotel manager she rolled her eyes and pretty much laughed at me. I have travelled to numerous hotels throughout the United States and have left many things out in a room and nothing was ever taken. I tried the InterContinental and low and behold my money was stolen. When I addressed the night manager he said he would take care of the situation and before I checkout the matter will be resolved. However upon check out time the front desk staff new nothing of the matter and then the morning manager claimed to have called the room and assumed we checked out…(sounds shady?) I thought so too! I did not like how they “pawned” my issue to the housekeeping manger and not the general manager. When she spoke to me she could only offer be a cheaper rate to come back to the hotel. I know that I will never come back to this hotel or any other InterContinental hotel again! I was very disappointed in the management staff and their lack of customer service. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who values their personal belongings.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank curlysmt
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
We hope that you've had an opportunity to return to us and that you've found your experience here to be more positive. If we can do anything to make your future stays more comfortable, please let us know.

Regards,
Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is a new hotel near the convention center.
The stay and room and mtg facilities were fine but I did not find the staff that great.
The front desk was very good but when I went to take drink at the bar one hour before it closed, the bartender wanted the tab closed because it was so late. At breakfast, the buffet was quite good, however, the staff cleared my table after I got up to do the first pass of the buffet - I had drunk half a cup of coffee and opened the newspaper, which I had brought from my room. I pointed this out and they reset the table, sans newspaper. The front of house person then offered me 2 newspapers, I took one and breakfast proceeded without further incident. At check out, I found that I had been charged for BOTH newspapers offered in the restaurant and the staff refused to fix this without managers approval ... I got on the shuttle for the airport.
An additional FYI - the shuttle stop is opposite door 2 form the terminal and you have to walk 200 yards from the terminal exit to find it. The shuttle will also not come in the evening unless you call the hotel. I had to do that.
I would actually stay here again but if the Hilton is offered, I would prefer that based on this experience. Another issue is that if I stay at Hilton at a meeting on a meeting rate, I get a stay on the Honors Program, not such think for Priority Card loyalty program.

north carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Overall, a great value close to O'Hare. The hotel would really crossover to excellent if it stopped "cheaping out" on two things. Internet service should be complimentary...and the $5 bottles of water should be removed from the rooms. These two items really take away from the feeling of an A-class establishment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb S
Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The staff of the Intercontinental could not have done more in making my stay more pleasant. They went out of their way to help and assist. They also arranged transportation for all guests attending the convention with no charge to us. But the hotel is very close to the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont and I enjoyed walking the stretch at certain times. The hotel has 2 restaurants: The Capital Grill, and Moron and Schmitt Steak House. Both have excellent food. Two galas I attended were in the Intercontental and both had excellent food and atmosphere. I can not recommend it more due to my great experience.

Columbia SC
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I booked a deal through Orbitz and found this great hotel. Conveniently located next to the O Hare with a shuttle. Great rooms... spacious,clean, and good service. Stayed on the 12th floor with a great view. I would def recommend this to anyone. Next time if I am ever in Chicago, I will use it again. I notice the whiny complaining people are from the South. There's a Motel 6 down the road if you wanna keep complaining. I'll be glad to stay here without you.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I flew in for one night for a business meeting and stayed here for one main reason, the Bed. Bed was great, Linens were great, room service food was excellent! If you want the little things that make a difference this is the place to stay. Service was top notch, shuttle was very good as they will take you to other restaurants if you need rather than take a taxi. Shuttle was on time as well. room rate was excellent, I got it on hotwire for $149, it's the one with 95% good reviews in Rosemont area 4 star. At $149 how can you go wrong,