“Staying Near O'Hare? This is THE Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Staying Near O'Hare? This is THE Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

The InterContinental O'Hare is THE hotel to stay if you're trying to stay within proximity to the airport. It's a brand new hotel on River Rd, next to a bunch of other airport hotels. I liked the fact that the style throughout the InterContinental is modern contemporary. The rooms are large and comfortable with all the amenities. Incidental to the comforts of your room, there is a fairly extensive art collection displayed in the lobby, hallways, and rooms, which is a neat little extra. Kind of like your own personal art gallery!

The Rosemont Theater is immediately next door. For dinner, McCormick & Schmick's is right outside the lobby, as well as The Capital Grille. One drawback is there is no pool/hot tub or sauna/steam room at the fitness center.

Overall, a great hotel if you require an overnight stay near O'Hare. I'll definitely book again upon return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

Overall, the experience was pleasant and would recommend this as a business hotel if the value is there. Note- I consider this a VALUE hotel only because I got the rate from hotwire.com and the hotel was mostly empty due to the poor economic environment for business travel. I couldn't say too much about the staff or service since I really didn't have much exposure to it but it was acceptable. Facilities were adequate for what you need. If you need to stay at the airport, this hotel is really decent. If you aren't working near the airport, then the location. The items in the hotel, though are SEVERELY overpriced. Water is $5, Soda is $3.50, Breakfast is $25+. If you can, avoid buying anything at the hotel.

Pros:
* Brand New Hotel , fresh look, new rooms
* Nice anchor restaurants: McCormick's & a Steakhouse
* On-Site Parking - if a bit expensive
* Good Value right now (February 2009)
* Close to O'Hare Airport

Cons:
* If you aren't working near hotel, the location is in the middle of nowhere
* Expensive items: Water, food, soap, PARKING is EXPENSIVE
* Service was average

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

the moment you enter it's like no other five star property ever visited, a magnificent hotel with an art gallery that sets the hotel apart.. couple with a friendly staff who REALLY take pride in the hotel and you'll have a terrific experience!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

I knew I was staying by the airport at O'Hare and this brand new hotel had me thinking I was staying in a LUX NYC hotel. I still am having dreams about this hotel! It was modern and comfortable, two words I have not put together in a hotel review before! The art gallery, the food... the lobby is SO COOL! I haven't even gotten to my room yet! I can not WAIT to go back...
I am in love - with an airport hotel! I was so sad to leave the next morning and checking in downtown Chicago... I just wanted to go back to the Intercontinental!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

The brand new InterContinental Chicago O'Hare is absolutely fantastic! Everything from the service to quality overly exceeded my expectations. I was supposed to stay 3 nights, but flight was cancelled due to weather and ended up staying a 4th night. The hotel easily checked me back in to the same room I had stayed in previously and just made a normally frustrating experience so pleasant! In addition, the hotel boasts fantastic artwork. HIghly recommend this hotel!

los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

This review is long overdue. I promised Bobbi at the concierge I would post my thoughts. I am very happy that I chose to stay at this hotel. A friend of my was meeting me there from New Jersey and I live in Los Angeles so we decided to pick a state that would be neutral for both. He is cheap and I am not, so other trips we had taken we went the cheap way with the hotel but with a lot of disappointments so I decided not this time and I am so happy we did. The staff was professional and friendly and the shuttle driver was helpful in pointing out placing to eat that is close to the hotel.
I will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

We stayed at the InterContinental O'Hare last week for a regional meeting and they more then exceeded our exspectations. The service staff was exceptional satisfying our every last minute request. One example was a flip chart we forgot to request was delivered within 5 minutes!

The rooms were very spacious and well appointed. The morning shower was spectacular. The hotel has very intersting art throughout the hallways and lobby which added to the experience.

I would highly recomend this property to anyone who is considering the O'Hare area for future meetings.

Jim