New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Welcome respite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

First stay here and I'm pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be decent but I'd say it's better than I thought it would be.
It's convenient and 5 mins from the airport. The free shuttle is a big bonus and the driver was very polite and helpful.
Check-in was a breeze and the desk staff were pleasant and welcoming.
The room was a good size and decorated to a high standard. No tub but a very spacious walk in shower.
Overall I was happy with my choice to stay here and would do so again without hesitation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Foofighter1977
Koba B, Front Office Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice and very clean. The rooms are very modern and one of the nicest I have seen. The front desk staff is all very professional and would always speak and have a smile. The bar staff on the other hand were a little grumpy. But overall a great stay.

Stayed July 2014
Koba B, Front Office Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! I am glad to hear that you found your stay enjoyable for the most part. I am disappointed to hear that you found some the bar staff a "little grumpy". We appreciate your feedback and will use your comments as part of our continuous improvement training. We hope to see again very soon.
York, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel with extremely nice staff. NEW they changed names durring my stay its now Loews hotel. Looks like all the same staff and still the same hotel. The only one complaint I had was the rooms didnt get clean untill very late in the day. Don knowbif they were short staffed or not. Would be a grwat stay in a very convenient location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! I hope you found your stay enjoyable. I am sorry to hear that there was a delay in servicing your room. I apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We certainly hope to see you again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Loved the hotel and the staff were professional and upgraded us to a suite through an Ambassador membership that we hold with the hotel group. Stayed one night before a trip to Europe. Room service was fabulous and breakfast delicious..One child needed to sleep on the sofa, which was a bit of a squeeze but extra bedding was provided. The shuttle works well on the way to the airport but when coming back on an international flight you call to let them know you have arrived we missed the shuttle as our baggage took 5 mins more than anticipated and they don't wait for you. No big deal took a $10 taxi ride. Parking was excellent for the 4 weeks $250 through an online parking agency and undercover which was great. Overall would recommend this hotel for service and parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Due to UA flight cancellation I stayed one night in this hotel. The shuttle was great to and from Ohare. Checkin was simple but front desk people need to give information when checking in about shuttle departure times etc.
The hotel was clean and comfortable but it would have been nice to be able to get a cup of coffee.
I only stayed overnight so I do not have much to review....it was quiet and safe!
I would recommend the hotel but will not travel with United Airlines.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! I am glad to hear that you found your stay enjoyable. I will share your feedback with our Front Desk team about providing departure shuttle information. We have Keurig coffee makers in all of our guestrooms. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy a cup of coffee prior to departure. We hope to be of service again soon.
Hamburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I chose this hotel based on it's location. Being 5 minutes from the airport, I'd expected that it would be busy and therefore noisy- but I didn't hear much of anything while in my room. I caught the shuttle from the airport which was great. The room was nice and the bathroom fixtures and sink were fine, not what I'd put in my home but they function well although other reviewers seemed to take issue with them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
1 Thank SJBandkids
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had a free night at an IHG hotel and a partly-paid night to use up so stayed here for two nights. This is a really nice hotel - housekeeping excellent, staff at the front desk helpful and (best of all) I had free parking - a bonus in a Chicago area hotel.

The TV service is not great - no HBO or similar and the TV in our room seemed pretty worn!

It is a close walk to the Fashion Mall shops and some good restaurants. walking distance or a short ride to the Rivers Casino and close to downtown Chicago if you feel like a drive.
Overall - a good stay.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking River Road with a view of the Chicago skyline in the distance - no room no...