“Any issues this hotel had upon opening have obviously been remedied!!!”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Reviewed November 3, 2008

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oldsyd
Reviewed October 13, 2008

This is a brand new property - beautiful, clean, austere. However - it is not near ANYTHING at all!!! There isn't a single convenience store, strip mall, bank, deli or anything in walking distance. The free shuttle only takes you as far as the train station, then you have to get on the train and go to Chicago to find anything. There is a McCormick & Schmicks restaurant that shares the parking lot but that can be pricey if you have to eat all your meals there. I travelled to Illinois for a conference at the Stephens Convention Center and stayed at the Intercontinental on the recommendation of the conference organizers. MISTAKE!If you are going to the Stephens Convention Center there are 4 hotels much closer and cheaper than the Intercontinental: Embassy Suites, The Crowne Plaza, Sofitel, and Hyatt Regency O'Hare. They are not near anything either but at least you don't have to take a bus to the Convention center like you do from the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

We hope you have the chance to return to us since your original stay. Since then, the local area has expanded quite a bit - new casino, 6 new restaurants and bars, Toby Keith's new entertainment venue, and a new upscale outlet mall located in our back yard.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Regards,
Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed September 28, 2008

Having stayed at hundreds of hotels all over the U.S.A for work, I was amazed with my accommodations at the InterContinental O’Hare. The staff level of service was untouchable and they really went out of their way to make sure my time there was perfect!

Now if only I could afford some of their one of a kind art work collections through out the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a convention.

Pros:
The beds were very comfortable
The upkeep was spotless
The gym was nicely appointed with new machines
The lobby was nice

Cons:
$12.95/day for internet (and the wireless internet didn't even work where I was; I had to go wired)
$5/package for packages sent to the hotel and held (and I had to hunt down the packages armed with the UPS tracking system because they couldn't find them)
It took 30 minutes for the hotel shuttle to show up at the airport to pick me up
Breakfast (which is expensive, but it was included with our convention rate) was very light on the "healthy" options

Overall, fairly seamless for a new hotel (although I did hear some hammering the first day I was there).

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Catherine-SF
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I have never heard this amount of slamming doors in my life! I am not exaggerating when I say there were slamming doors every 2-3 minutes from 7:20am until I finally spoke to someone at 3:45. (it still went on after that but a little more quietly) This was done by staff. I cannot fathom what they were doing on a wing with 20 rooms at most for that length of time but it was intolerable. If you are want some peace during the day, do not stay here.

On a completely different note, I do not know who designed the hotel rooms but if I were Intercontinental, I would ask for my money back. I had a room with two single beds, there was only one night stand between the two beds, The only seating was an office chair and a chaise lounge, no real table & chairs or sofa/occasional chair. The bathroom, obviously designed by a man, had a sink that looked like a column (cute but completely non-functional) with no countertop. The small ledge space above the sink was completely taken up by the hotel toiletries, hand mirror, tissues and glasses, leaving no room for my cosmetics. There was no towel rack by the tub and you had to walk across the floor (wet) to retrieve your bath towels. There was a fan vent, but no fan, so the mirrors completely fogged up. The room (and by room I mean carpet, drapes,every wall and upholstered furniture) were all the same colour of sage green. I never had an opinion one way or another about sage green, but after two days of wall to wall sage green, I never want to see it again.

The WIFI in the room did not work (I was told this was a problem in other rooms as well). The hotel was kind enough to provide me with a RJ45 cable. I was also missing some light shades. The maintenance engineer who came to check on my WIFI problem noticed and did bring up some lights shades that night.

I stayed at the hotel in it's second week of opening and at the time the hotel restaurant was not open, nor was the Capital Grille in front of the hotel. There is a seafood restaurant in front of the hotel that is open and a very limited room service menu. The only breakfast is a continental offering in the lounge area. They might also do sandwiches in the bar. I am not sure when everything will be open. There are not a lot of other choices near-by.

I think they opened a bit too early. I would have delayed the opening and worked out the kinks, as it would have been better for the hotel's reputation.

As it was I was glad to see the back of the place and left more stressed than when I arrived and will not be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank ashavor

Dear guest,
We are very surprised to hear that you found the hotel to be noisy. In fact, most of our guests are very surprised at how quiet the hotel is, given our close proximity to the airport.
Please let us know when you plan to return and we will be sure to assist in any way we can.

Regards,
Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed September 23, 2008

This hotel is amazing. From the art work on display to the trendy bar, everything was top of the line. You will feel like a VIP, because that is how they treat everyone!

It is a definite must stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo