“First rate place for a fly in meeting”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“First rate place for a fly in meeting”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Rooms very nice, staff pleasant, two good restaurants on property, friendly bar, well appointed meeting facilities with a couple minor technical glitches. In other words, if you are flying in to Chicago for a meeting this is the place to go.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Keenefleet
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Hopefully you and your organization return soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here recently 4 nights for business. Check-in was very friendly and efficient. My room was very spacious and clean with very modern looking furnishings and decor. Comfortable bed and fairly low noise level. The fitness center was excellent, possibly the best one I've ever seen in a hotel! Very extensive and modern. Overall I was pleased with this hotel, just a couple of minor complaints. One, the bell service desk was not adequately staffed, I waited a long time to check my bags or get valet service. Two, I would have said this hotel was a great value, the room rate was very reasonable; however, it seemed I was charged for every little thing - nothing was included! Internet has a daily charge and only applies to one device, bottled water is in the room but costs $5 if you drink it, and continental breakfast was supposed to be included in the rate, but I was charged an additional $10 after the server failed to tell me that the continental breakfast only included one side of the buffet. These annoyances aside, I would stay here again due to the comfort and convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer K
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully, we explained to you that in-room internet is complimentary for all IHG Rewards members, and if not a member, enrollment takes just a few moments. This change began in 2014, and should help to further set InterContinental apart from the other brands. We hope you return soon to enjoy this new feature.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had my wedding this past August at the Intercontinental at O'hare in Rosemont. It was definitely a wedding I will always remember! I worked with Vasso Powers who was a wedding fairy and an unbelievable wedding coordinator! The night went as smooth as possible thanks to her and her staff. The service from the bell hop, to the front desk attendants all the way to the Executive Chef who we met at our tasting- was impeccable. The cuisine at the Intercontinental was definitely 5 star presentation and taste. Every one is still raving about the food served at my wedding. The creativity in presentation along with amazing flavors blended together gave my wedding an upscale feel that kept on through out the night. The rooms are very modern and very clean. Beds were very comfortable and we could see the Chicago skyline from our amazing floor to ceiling windows in the presidential suite we stayed in. I couldn't have ask for a better weekend at the Intercontinental. They took care of my entire family that weekend who came from all over the US and stayed at the Intercontinental for their duration of their time in Chicago. Outstanding service, every staff member made you feel at home and took care of whatever you needed. They knew all of us by name by the time the weekend was over. Another great thing is location- everything is around that hotel including the new Outlet mall which you can walk to from the hotel. Everyone loved the fact that no one had to drive all the way downtown but yet you have the feel of a downtown wedding with all the elegance! If you are looking to have an amazing wedding with impeccable white glove service, outstanding food, and gorgeous decor go see the Intercontinental at O'hare and ask for Vasso Powers. She will turn your wedding dreams into a reality!!!!! I still go back to visit with her and talk about the ultimate wedding day we all were apart of and that she helped come to life.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank maria k
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Maria,
Thank you for choosing to spend your memorable day with us. We agree, Vasso is great, as is her supporting cast. We're so glad you come back to us from time to time to pay us short visits. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Park Forest, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Amazingly fast check-in and check-out, choice of multiple check-out methods and extremely impressive customer appeal and service. Entering the room was sheer Heaven as the sweet cleanliness of the room met our noses. The King-size bed and bedding were the most comfortable we've encountered thus far in our travels. Reasonable rates for a hotel near the airports of Chicago. In hotel restaurant and bars are inviting. Close proximity to the outlet mall and walking distance to a choice of other eateries. Well worth the stay, We did not want to leave!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deirdre R
Thank you for staying with us. We agree, the mall is excellent, and offers similar shops you will find on famed Michigan Avenue, with prices 50% less. Perhaps next time, you will consider our shopping package which includes several value added items (mall certificate, breakfast, etc).
Hope to see you soon.

Costa Rica
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I visited Chicago to conduct business and see my Retina Specialist. My flight to ORD was cancelled and I arrived a day late, however in time to make my appointments. Since I arrived a day late, I revised my schedule to depart a day later. The snow storm blew in before I could leave and my return flight was cancelled. This time I was not going to depart Chicago for 3 additional days. If one has to be stranded in Chicago for 3 additional days, I can to think of a better place to be stranded than the Intercontinental Chicago O'Hare. Despite the set back of inclement weather, this was one of the best hotel stays I can remember having. The staff was very professional and accommodating as well as knowledgeable and understanding. This includes the Valet Parking Attendants, Restaurant Personnel as well as the Customer Service Representatives. The Manager on Duty, Ms. Koba Bruce was exceptionally professional, accommodating and knowledgeable. She is by far one of the best managers I have encountered at an Intercontinental Hotel. Her outstanding leadership was reflective in her staff by their exceptional customer service skills. As an HR professional, I would like to express that It would be in the interest of the IHG chain to retain and promote Ms. Bruce because she is a true gem. I will return and also recommend to anyone requiring accommodations, in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 4lizz2
Dear Guest,
We're so sorry the weather caused you problems, but great to read that your stay with us was comfortable and relaxing. Everyone here, and within InterContinental is aware of your generous comments regarding our Director of Front Office, Koba Bruce. We couldn't agree more.
Thank you again for staying with us. When we see you next, we hope it's not weather -related.

Best Regards,
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was our first stay here. We use the long term, and very reasonably priced, parking when we fly out of O'Hare (just make a parking reservation in advance). We had a king room; the hotel and rooms are modern themed with contemporary furnishings and a stylish bathroom. The room was moderately sized and quiet. TV was good quality and the best was very comfortable (pillows are very soft however). The check in staff were efficient and helpful and the bus to the airport runs frequently. We didn't care too much for the atmosphere inside the "Fresco 21" Mediterranean cafe that is located on site but it seems pleasant. We got a good price for he room and we would certainly stay here again as we need to. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martin R
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Great to read that our hotel is convemnient for your travels out of O'Hare. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future.

Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our room was very modern and very decorated. From the modern glass bathroom to the bronze birds, to the modern art on all the walls, it was decorated to the nines! If you are looking for pretty and romantic this is the place! If you are looking for practical and efficient, not so much. The shower is very modern (pic added). It has a round rain shower head that works ok, but does not have enough pressure to thoroughly clean your blade as you are shaving. The shower has 3.5 walls, three solid and a half glass wall. So you cannot completely close a door to the shower. This would be ok except there is a little corner shelf on the partially walled side that is perfect for shaving your legs, but this causes lot of water to spray out the not walled section. In addition, when you step out of the shower, you have to pass the frosted glass door( separating bath room from rest of room) to get to the towel rack. That is fine if you are intimate with the person you are sharing the room with but not so much if you are aren't. This door does face out to the little foyer area not the bed but for some weird reason there is a square sitting area right outside this door. In the picture you can see the reflection of the completely round sink. Very pretty but it splashes a lot and has no counter space. there is a shelf behind it you can use but it moves you further from the mirror than you would be with a standard counter. Not terrible, but not efficient. We also found the room a little dark even with all the lights on for our taste. Once again, probably great for a romantic evening in but we were getting dressed for a party. The bed was a little too hard for me but for those of you who like it firm you will probably be very happy. All of that being said, the New Year's Eve party was fantastic! We had a blast! Plus as part of the package we got a late checkout (2pm). That was great!

Room Tip: Pretty but not efficient