I came to Chicago for 2 weeks for work, and REALLY wish I could have just stayed here the entire time. Unfortunately I had to work downtown, so that was not possible. This is, however, very convenient to the airport and a bit easier in my opinion of getting a cab/shuttle to the downtown area.
I was picked up by the shuttle within 10 minutes of being outside. Shuttle driver was very helpful in getting my bags in and out for me. Upon arrival, he had a bellman help me (I was traveling from AZ to IL for two weeks, not sure about weather so I had a lot of luggage!). Check in was a breeze, I was upgraded to a suite (Thank you Intercontinental Ambassador). Upon entering, there was water and fresh fruit waiting for me (thank you again). The suite was very spacious, I think my favorite part was the bathroom. Open concept shower with the shower head coming out of the ceiling from above. Huge wall to wall windows in the bathroom, and the room as well. This room was very comfortable with a couch, desk, nice flat screen tv, and a good sized closet.
I had a snack at the bar and a couple of drinks, but I think the highlight was a bit later. I went back to the bar for a glass of wine, and struck up conversation with the bartender that evening, Armando. If you get the chance, have a chat with him. What a nice man. Really made the evening enjoyable. What an asset to your bartending staff!
Checking out, I was asked if everything was "OK". I told the gentleman that it was more than ok, every person that I encountered that worked here was wonderful! And the room was just awesome.... I told him I was going to the Intercontinental downtown, but wished I could stay. He told me, "If they don't treat you right, you let us know". That just completely goes above and beyond, and he really meant it.
I would/will definitely stay here again, and would not hesitate to recommend this place. Staff goes above and beyond, and that really does make a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loews Chicago O'Hare is the area's first luxury hotel with its very own art gallery featuring a full-time curator and monthly art exhibitions. The works of Chicago's most intriguing artists are displayed throughout the hotel. Architecture buffs will enjoy a visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home while sports fans can attend a game at nearby Wrigley Field. We are located just minutes from O Hare International Airport and 14 miles west of downtown Chicago, making us the perfect destination for business and conference guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Hotel Rosemont