“Perfect stay! Staff are great!”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I came to Chicago for 2 weeks for work, and REALLY wish I could have just stayed here the entire time. Unfortunately I had to work downtown, so that was not possible. This is, however, very convenient to the airport and a bit easier in my opinion of getting a cab/shuttle to the downtown area.

I was picked up by the shuttle within 10 minutes of being outside. Shuttle driver was very helpful in getting my bags in and out for me. Upon arrival, he had a bellman help me (I was traveling from AZ to IL for two weeks, not sure about weather so I had a lot of luggage!). Check in was a breeze, I was upgraded to a suite (Thank you Intercontinental Ambassador). Upon entering, there was water and fresh fruit waiting for me (thank you again). The suite was very spacious, I think my favorite part was the bathroom. Open concept shower with the shower head coming out of the ceiling from above. Huge wall to wall windows in the bathroom, and the room as well. This room was very comfortable with a couch, desk, nice flat screen tv, and a good sized closet.

I had a snack at the bar and a couple of drinks, but I think the highlight was a bit later. I went back to the bar for a glass of wine, and struck up conversation with the bartender that evening, Armando. If you get the chance, have a chat with him. What a nice man. Really made the evening enjoyable. What an asset to your bartending staff!

Checking out, I was asked if everything was "OK". I told the gentleman that it was more than ok, every person that I encountered that worked here was wonderful! And the room was just awesome.... I told him I was going to the Intercontinental downtown, but wished I could stay. He told me, "If they don't treat you right, you let us know". That just completely goes above and beyond, and he really meant it.

I would/will definitely stay here again, and would not hesitate to recommend this place. Staff goes above and beyond, and that really does make a difference.

1  Thank badsherry
There are newer reviews for Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Intercontinental is a beautiful hotel but the real draw is the extraordinary art throughout. Spotlighting local artists, the entire hotel, from guest rooms to meeting areas is adorned with great pieces. The staff was awesome, great stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your stay and your feedback. We hope you return to see our next art installment in early January!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Lovely room - spacious, clean, well appointed. I arrived too late and had to leave too early to enjoy the inviting bar. Only improvement could have been to add a coffee maker and run the shuttles more frequently after at night! I would definitely stay here again?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jpeacott
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We will continue to examine the overnight shuttle schedule. Regarding coffee, we do offer a Keurig maker and coffee in each room, contained within the desk unit. We're very sorry you didn't locate it. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is one of those hotels that I always hope for and seldom get. The one category that I have always felt IHG is trailing their competition is the luxury range hotel. This is in every sense of the word a luxury hotel. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The room was very large and expertly appointed. The bathroom had a huge tile shower with overhead "rain" shower head. The many laps allowed a very romantic lighting level instead of harsh overhead lights. The evening turn down service made the room so pleasant to come back to after dinner. We also took advantage of the frequent shuttle to get us to both the blue line to get downtown and the airport. I have overlooked this hotel in the past because it was at the airport instead of downtown. However, it is such an incredible value and getting downtown on the rail is so easy, that I will be staying here on my next trip to Chicago. A great hotel!

Room Tip: Get a corner room if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foodnwine2522

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business conference. It is located near O'hare airport and has many dining and entertainment options nearby. The rooms have very modern decor. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant at check in as well as those that worked inside the fresca 21 restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Held a three day conference with 35 people. Hotel has a unique artistic decor. Very different from the typical hotel. Very enjoyable. Hotel rooms were comfortable and stylish. You can't beat the closeness to the airport and the courtesy shuttle. Book early, this hotel sells out. Having three fine restaurants on property, and not having to coordinate transportation for the group dinners, was a gift!

Room Tip: Their suites are roomy and more comfortable. You can't go wrong.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Extremely comfortable bed and furniture. All beautifully designed and clean and comfortable. I would never stay anywhere else in the airport area. The food in Fresca 21 was terrific and consistently delicious. The staff was welcoming each day and my server knew I wanted tea each morning and say me and brought it over right away. Dinner was delicious with their new chef, Cameron, making some delicious appetizers and the filet mignon was superb. The meeting rooms looked spacious. Our room was just perfect.

Room Tip: no room is bad!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple